Sid Level

Armageddon1

Chieftain
I've beat WW2 in the Pacific several times on Sid Level, but every time it gets to the last victory screen it freezes and about 2 mins letter it gives me an error message. Why!???

Maybe the computer doesn't like being beat, but this is definately Sid Level too. Funny thing is I beat Middle Ages scenario on not Sid and it didn't count it in my Hall of Fame.

Oh..... :sad: I'm sorry but in that case I don't know what to say.
I thought it was an error of civ (something like "Missing entry in: '../pediaicons.txt/etc', the game will now exit").

This might be a dumb question but have you tried re-installing?

You should uncheck read only option in the campainrecord.hof file in your C3C folder. Then it should work. I did that when the hall of fame didn't show the score for Mesopotamia and it worked now.

You should uncheck read only option in the campainrecord.hof file in your C3C folder. Then it should work. I did that when the hall of fame didn't show the score for Mesopotamia and it worked now.

How do you turn that off?

i hope it does work for you..i find the scenario to be a pain in the arse to begin with...let alone on sid!

I believe that's a Windows error, not an error specific to Civ. I get the same thing whenever I get a space ship victory, but I also get it when using completely different programs. I even get that error message occasionally at work, and I don't even have Civ installed there. At any rate, I never get to see the space ship launch movie because, after getting that error, it crashes to the desktop. :(

Rename the spaceship movie to the intro movie (after backing up, of course) and you'll see the spaceship movie as the introductory movie. Not the same, of course, but it works.

Rename the spaceship movie to the intro movie (after backing up, of course) and you'll see the spaceship movie as the introductory movie. Not the same, of course, but it works.

Turner, I've seen that cure written about before (probably by you ;) ), but I can't figure out which movie IS the spaceship movie. I have Complete, and under Vanilla/Art/Movies is one called "race.bik", as well as "intro.bik, and under Conquests/Art/Movies is one called "victory_movie.bik". I can't figure out which one to rename to intro.'' I don't see one called "spaceship.bik" at all. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also, are you saying the game would begin with the spaceship movie, or that the intro movie would play after completing a spaceship? I have no way to record an SS win, since it crashes just before completion. Very frustrating!!!

ok good job civver, now let's see if it works.

oh you can bet the farm that it will adn blame some lazy programmer of Civ Complete for all your troubles. I also bet you got a late release of Civ Complete or the 'Chronics'.

I was so mad at this bug! From an old thread a found the answer it took a while back then since most people had conquests and the bug isn't present with that release.
Anyway props to the dude who discoverd this. Easily the most detrimental bug of all time( it prevents from saving your progress and instead of congrats for victory slaps you in the face)
Conquest crash 1

Oh and heres a few more on the same thing( at least ten threads in all +the ones disguised like yours :D)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=199591

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=201275

Turner, I've seen that cure written about before (probably by you ;) ), but I can't figure out which movie IS the spaceship movie. I have Complete, and under Vanilla/Art/Movies is one called "race.bik", as well as "intro.bik, and under Conquests/Art/Movies is one called "victory_movie.bik". I can't figure out which one to rename to intro.'' I don't see one called "spaceship.bik" at all. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also, are you saying the game would begin with the spaceship movie, or that the intro movie would play after completing a spaceship? I have no way to record an SS win, since it crashes just before completion. Very frustrating!!!

Should be the 'race.bik' file. For 'space race', I'm guessing.

You'll need to copy it from the Civilization3\art\movies folder to the civilization3\conquests\art\movies directory. Rename it to 'Conquests.bik', and it should run the space ship movie for the conquests intro.

And the intro movie will only run after a spaceship victory if you rename the intro.bik file to race.bik. If you've copied race.bik to intro.bik, then you'll get the spaceship victory at the beginning and end of the game.

Make sure you copy over "Security_Briefing.bik" over to the conquests directory as well, and watch that one.

Make sure you copy over "Security_Briefing.bik" over to the conquests directory as well, and watch that one.

Thank you, Turner. I'll give all the above a try, but WHAT is the Security Briefing movie? I can't think of anything I've ever seen which would match that name. :confused:

Ok, I moved and changed file names as described. I still don't get the SS movie, but at least it does give me the screen which says, "Congratulations Mao, you have achieved a spaceship victory" etc. and my score is recorded.

I haven't been able to see the intro movie since I installed Moonsinger's MapFinder, and I sure don't miss that movie. Maybe it's also interfering with the SS movie, but I have seen the SS movie before my old separate Conquests disk became corrupted and I replaced it with complete, so I do know what it looks like. I'm happy just to have my scores recorded, and now I can go back and open all my pre-launch saves for the past 1 1/2 years and record all of them. :smug: Um, well, there aren't really THAT many of them. :blush:

How would I go about running the Security Briefing .bik? Do I just click on the file name? or is there a special secret way of running it? ;)

Thank you very much, Turner, for all your help. :thanx:

In the Mac version, these are QuickTime ".mov" files. You can see them in QT-player, just double click to open them. :p :D

(note, that won't work with ".bik" files I fear, only the Mac version...)

Top Bottom