Sid Meier’s Starships announced for this spring

Mahasona

Prince
Seems similar to Master of Orion, if that is the case it is almost 100 % sure I will buy it.

Hmm. I`ll wait for user reviews on this. Hope it`s not forced on Steam or I may not buy.

Hopefully it won't be Masters of Orion Rev. No offense to those who love civrev, but mobile games always turn out awfully cute with no substance.

Ironically if they can simply build a simple game with proper balance, I'd be highly encouraged. Basic games can be a lot of fun if they simply make sense and are on balance.

If you're interested in this, also look up SPAZ 2 which is out soon.

If you're interested in this, also look up SPAZ 2 which is out soon.

It looks a little more like The Last Federation. Which is already out, and a phenomenal title, anyone interested in Sid Meier's Starships should go check it out. I was actually pretty surprised when they announced this given how recently The Last Federation was released, and how good it is, but then I saw they're releasing it on mobile as well. Suddenly, as everything began to make sense, my enthusiasm for the project plummeted.

I love SPAZ 1 so I'm waiting for SPAZ 2. I'm not sure how it will play out with the switch to full 3D, I love the 2D space shooter style of the first one.

I would like to comment my opinion, but everyone who thinks that this game has potential will rage at me so forget about it :D

Considering the current state of BE, this game should not have high expectations at all. How about making BE a better game before coming out with other stuff that is supposedly connected to it?

Considering the current state of BE, this game should not have high expectations at all. How about making BE a better game before coming out with other stuff that is supposedly connected to it?

Yeah, I consider this a stunning example of poor business sense and showing contempt for your customers.

Seeing as BE pretty much flopped (it's been on sale 2 times within months of initial release, playerbase is at 1/4 of CiV, and the modding done on it is completely dwarfed by that on previous releases), I think it's fair to say there won't be much 'improving' done on BE.

I watched the demo today. Graphically it looks awfully simple, but that may mean their energies are in the right place. If they can bump up gameplay and tactics to a suitable difficulty, maybe it will be a fun game. Mostly tactical combat, it looks like.

I watched the demo today. Graphically it looks awfully simple, but that may mean their energies are in the right place. If they can bump up gameplay and tactics to a suitable difficulty, maybe it will be a fun game. Mostly tactical combat, it looks like.

At least Sid Meier has his priorities straight, unlike the guy who guided the creation of that visual rework/dismemberment of Civ 5.

We can only hope that the final product can meet/exceed expectations :)

The fact that it's slated for PC and iPad points to a relatively cheap simple game.

Yeah, I consider this a stunning example of poor business sense and showing contempt for your customers.

I think you are correct but the customers group to which you refer are but a small subset of the overall customers and they rightly don't care nearly as much for them. That's my guess.

Top Bottom