Sid Meier Humble Bundle

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Pouakai, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Image credit to Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/bundle?=sidmeier_bundle

For the next two weeks, humble bundle is hosting a bundle of Sid Meier games, for which you can name your price for these games:

Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol
    Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
    Sid Meier's Railroads!

If you spend more than the average (currently at $8.37), you'll also get Sid Meier's Civilization V and the Gods & Kings expansion pack. Spend more than $15 and you get Brave New World as well as all previous titles. What's more, a percentage of the money which you can chose goes to Action Against Hunger, a charity committed to ending world hunger. It's a great cause and I'm sure we can all get behind it with this bundle!

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I've been on the fence about Civ V but at these prices it's a no-brainer - what a deal!

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I have every single game in that bundle already. :(

Great bundle though, I would recommend it for anyone else checking this thread.

4. Adreno

Adreno Chieftain

They let you decide which % of the purchase price goes to charity. Awesome!

5. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

I'm throwing my money at the monitor, and nothing is happening!!!

6. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

That's a pretty good deal. Forwarded to a friend who doesn't already own most of these games. It's worth noting that the average price has jumped, and appears to be continuing to climb - it's $7.68 right now, up from $7.63 a few minutes ago.

I also own nearly everything, the exceptions being the Civ5 expansions and Ace Patrol. I'm pretty sure BNW was on sale for $7.50 on Gamersgate last weekend, so it's not really worth it for just that with a sale likely to recur in a few months. And Ace Patrol requires Windows 7, which is kind of surprising. But for those who don't own most of what they can run, it's a great deal.

I'd kind of hoped that there'd be more old-school titles when seeing this, though. Maybe Pirates!, perhaps a Civil War game or Alien Crossfire, and some of the new-on-GOG ones like Covert Action and Silent Service. But that's more because that's what I don't already have. The current setup probably will draw in more people. Maybe next time they'll have an Old School Sid Meier Bundle!

Edit: How is Ace Patrol as a game? The cartoony graphics were a turn-away for me, but I don't actually know anything about the gameplay.

7. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

I have half of the games on here. I had paid full price for the Civilization 4 full edition. With civilization vanilla alone back in the day it was full price (around $30), plus warlords (another around 30) and beyond the sword (another) so I paid the same for the expansions. Civilization gold and bnw are kind of similar to what is going on except that the expansion was a bit cheaper. This bundle could save folks some money.

8. MqsTout

MqsTout Warlord

Just another Steam sale. Nothing Humble about this.

9. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Except for the bit about setting your own price .....

Sent from my Android phone

10. Tergiversater

Tergiversater Chieftain

Do you not understand there is a big difference between Humble Bungles and Steam? They are a totally different thing.

11. danaphanous

danaphanous religious fanatic

The price is climbing bc it's essentially a 50% discount on the normal price for BNW + all those other games...so I would guess a lot of ppl are upgrading to BNW. I was waiting for a deal like this! Glad I waited!

12. mwyeoh

mwyeoh Chieftain

I can finally get Sid Meiers Railroads!
    Its not available here in Australia otherwise, so its great its finally on sale and I can buy it

13. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

This is HumbleBundle, not Steam. Also if you didn't click the link, this is for charity.

14. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

With this bundle, do you get non-steam versions of any of the games?

I know that civ5 is Steam only, but I'd like to have a DRM free version of Civ3 and I'd consider getting the bundle for that.

15. Smilingrogue

Smilingrogue Raging Barbarian

As far as my understanding goes Steam will launch everytime a game installed from Steam is launched. This holds true even for games with no DRM like the Civ IV BTS's latest patch or a lot of the new indies.

Edit : The only way to redeem humble bundle steam games is through steam. So I guess you can't get non-DRM version for Civ III through this. Shame gog.com doesn't have it. :/

16. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

Ok. Thanks for the info. Some other humble bundles I've bought have included both Steam keys and direct downloads for DRM free version. But one other bundle I've bought only had Steam keys, so I wasn't sure what this one would be like.

This bundle is clearly still a very attractive deal, but I'm not sure I need it. I already have most of the games there. I'd just be buying the convenience of downloadable versions. I don't really want the civ5 stuff.

17. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Woot, got mine!

You gotta put it in your floppy drive and hit that backward L-shaped key on the right called "return". Make sure your computer is plugged into the phone line or it won't work.

18. Noble Zarkon

Just to confirm this one is Steam only.

Sent from my Android phone

19. Silv Something

Silv Something Pi(e) Loving Maniac

Thanks to this sale I finally got Civ V. I haven't actually played it yet, but I will!

20. Demon Rob

Demon Rob Chieftain

I'm going to pay just under the average price so I don't have to take Civ V!
    Will be interesting if they do add extra games half way through the offer as they usually do.

Only one I don't have (apart from CivV exapnsions) are the Ace Patrols. Are they any good?