1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sid Meier Q&A on Shacknews

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Thunderfall, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Shacknews has posted a Q&A with Sid Meier. In the Q&A, Sid Meier talked about how he got into gaming, games he enjoy playing, digital game distribution, having his name in game titles, state of PC gaming, prototyping, and more. Here is an excerpt:

>> Read the full article

2. xenothaulus

xenothaulus Chieftain

Somone do something!

3. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

EA is the devil :satan:

4. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Yep.I wonder if this means that a sequel could be developed from another company instead of Firaxis.And if at this point we will ever see a sequel of that great game.If i remember this game didn't sell like the civ franchise so the EA could not be interested in a sequel.What a bad news!

5. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Best make doubly sure they include that second capital C in there, Sid - don't want to come over even more egotistical... :)

6. Myzenium

Myzenium Regent

Hear, hear. Congress has already spent enough time on the GTA question. IMO, there's nothing to be debated. The parties responsible for Hot Coffee got slaps on the wrist, and the ESRB gave the whole game a new rating. The industry certainly doesn't need crippling government regulation, or worse, taxes.

7. Vael

Vael Shadow Angel

Do you really think the game would be any good if it wasn't Firaxis working on it anyways?

8. smphang

smphang Chieftain

"My first job out of college was with a company that made cash registers and slot machines and while I was there I met Bill Stealey who was in the sales department. I guess the "Ah-ha" moment for me came when Bill and I were at a convention and we found a flight-sim arcade to play. Bill was certain he would beat me since he had a background as a fighter pilot, but each time we played I crushed him. He asked how I was winning and I said I could figure out what the AI was doing and beat it. I told him the game was pretty lame and thought I could make a better game in two weeks. Bill challenged me to do it, I did, and Microprose was born. "

so what is Sid's first game? flight simulator?

and hmmn... i wonder how much EA will sell off the rights to Alpha Centauri.... hmmn....

9. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

My thoughts exactly. :(

RIP Alpha Centauri.