Sid Meier talks about the development of Civ

OH MY GOD!

I've seen other Sid Meier's interviews about this before, but I loved this video! 2 reasons:

1 - it shows an earlier development version running on one of the original computers the Creator used to write it.

2 - it shows the book that inspired him to make the tech tree.

And it was GREAT to discover that I have the Portuguese edition of the same book - I have it since the 90s, before I even played Civ 2!!! To my research on Civilization representation of the past this is a treasure!!! I'm so glad I never got rid of those old books, yes!

Sad thing that probably this build will be forever lost. I don't think Sid going to release it or even cares enough about its preservation.

And about Gandhi bug - is it really Civ 1 and not Civ 2? That's a mistery for me for the long time. Everywhere you can find about this meme, but not proper tech explanation... In Civ 1 aggression and other AI traits can be only -1, 0 or 1. I don't see how you can overflow here. Also AI in Civ 1 seems never go Democratic, but in some sources about Nuclear Gandhi Democracy are mentioned and not Republic.

And about Gandhi bug - is it really Civ 1 and not Civ 2? That's a mistery for me for the long time. Everywhere you can find about this meme, but not proper tech explanation... In Civ 1 aggression and other AI traits can be only -1, 0 or 1. I don't see how you can overflow here. Also AI in Civ 1 seems never go Democratic, but in some sources about Nuclear Gandhi Democracy are mentioned and not Republic.

I too have never seen the 'Gandhi bug' in Civ 1 and I never was a Civ 2 guy either, so I don't know about the origins of this legend either. AI players in Civ 1 indeed never go for democracy, but any of them will gladly nuke your ass without you nuking them first if some conditions are met, namely: the AI has nukes and you don't and you are in a process of rapidly overtaking the AI in power. Once you have nukes of your own, the AI is much more hesitant to nuke you first. What I've never seen is AI players nuking each other.

Otherwise, great video, Tenochtitlan. But the fact that it's almost 4 months old only shows how slow this forum has gotten.

Top Bottom