Sid Meier

VirtualMark

Chieftain
Did Sid Meier actually participate in the development of Civ 6? I remember that someone else took over 5, so just wondered who headed the team for 6?

he hasn't been in charge of a civ game for a long time. i think his last was II?

I thought Brian Reynolds mostly handled 2. I always figured he handled the big picture stuff, but was never in charge of actual development.

He does some playtesting and gives some feedback, but he hasn't been lead designer since Civ1 (Brian Reynolds was 2, I feel bad about this but I'm drawing a blank on 3, Soren Johnson was 4, Jon Shafer was 5, Ed Beech is 6). I remember some talk about him having a more active role in Civ Rev, though, I don't know.

Sid worked on original Civ1 and CivRev and that's all.

Everything else is branding due original Civ being his creation and sequels being done by his company.

I still recognize Sid as the greatest genius in game history and not only because of civ of course.
His mind is still brilliant even in latest interviews but that has a counter effect, the other ones near him seem to be dumb....

I always wonder how does a dev/lead got their name onto the game like sid meier, tom clancy etc etc

I believe he's the creative director at Firaxis and as previously mentioned a fantastic game designer. Jake Solomon the lead designer on XCOM said he ran things by Sid all during the design process. I would assume any designer with any common sense would walk down the hall to his office early and often no matter what the game.

Top Bottom