1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sid Meier's Civilization VI announced!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I hope someone with a graphics art background takes it upon themselves to make some Civ VI avatars. I'd love to have a Teddy Roosevelt avatar.

2. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Emperor

They have made the perfect game five times already, how can they make improvements big enough to make a 6th game worth buying? Better AI perhaps, what else?

3. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Emperor

From the videos I watched so far, it seems Civ6's graphics looks very similar to Civ5. At the current stage, Civ6 feels like a Civ5 game with minor changes to rules and features. I have not seen any features that make me say "Wow, I want to play that game." With previous successes like Civ4 and Civ5, it's difficult to overcome the expectation of another masterpiece.

4. CupHead5998

CupHead5998 Chieftain

i agree i personally didn't really like the look of the civ V (don't crucify me please!) i prever IV's cartoon look if i wanted realism i'd go play Europa universals :undecide:

One thing that DOES bug me though is this

While i am holding out hope maybe they chose one of the MANY numidian Egyptian leaders so that this skin color change would make sense, i wouldn't be surprised if it's tut and they're saying he was black ughh that's annoying.

5. Buster's Uncle

Buster's Uncle AC2 Co-Owner

Check here: http://alphacentauri2.info/index.php?topic=17900.0 I count 20 6 avatars currently uploaded to AC2's user gallery, but there's a few more variations in the thread.

A square avatar is so easy to do that most forumites can make their own, and I don't bother with them. I've done four of TR in three different poses - you'd need to size them down to CFC's 100x to use here with the transparent backgrounds, but a lot of graphics programs make that take seconds to do and resave.

If you just want a plain square .jpg avatar of Mr. Roosevelt, it's pretty easy to copy the screenshot that's been posted everywhere and size/crop it yourself in something as simple as MSPaint...

6. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Does anyone know the specifics of the Civ 6 pre-order bonus yet?

7. number51

number51 Warlord

I'm not happy about the cartoon graphics but I'll get over that if the game play is great, diplomacy has some reason and the AI isn't stupid. "We're being attacked! Quick get the catapults into the ocean!"

8. Tasonne

Tasonne Deity

Yeah I think it looks awful at first glance. Good thing no matter how bad they muck up the series, we will always have civ 4 to go back to ;)

or 2, or 3....

Moderator Action: Please do not use letter to avoid the autocensor. Help us to keep the forum family friendly.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

there are other sensible people in the world

9. civbone

civbone Chieftain

Hopefully this game will have better voice actors...

Personally I am waiting for a new and better Civ IV. I couldn't care less about the graphics.

EDIT: Actually, seeing some clips I decided that I prefer these graphics to that of Civ 5.