1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sid Meier's Gettysburg!

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Giotto, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Giotto

Giotto Eagle

Have any of you guy played this? What is it like? I have it, but I don't want to install unless I know it is good.

2. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

I couldn't get it to work on my parent's computer when I was at home last.

3. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Master of the Pan Flute

It's OK. Fight specific battles (ie, Little Roundtop, Picketts Charge, etc). Would be great except there is no option to fight all 3 days straight thru so it plays like fighting 6 consecutive scenarios.

On the plus side, they did release a WinXP patch long after the game fell by the wayside. Good support.

4. BlueBomberDude

BlueBomberDude Chieftain

It was pretty decent. But like Zmphyr said, it just doesn't feel right when you can't fight the entire battle from start to end.

My fav Civil War game will always be Gettysburgh by Talonsoft (battlefield series I believe).

5. Xi 12

Xi 12 Kentucky Milita

It is a RTS, you can't build units or buildings, just real stategy.
    It was one of my favorite games... Until I broke the CD, I can't buy it anywhere either. :sigh: