1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Sid Meyer's Cities

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by King Morius, Nov 9, 2017.

1. King Morius

King Morius Chieftain

I've written why i had the idea first, then the idea itself on a spoiler box, for the people who just want to read the idea.

I've never played Civilization VI, but I've read about it a lot. It's not the same, i know. But hear me out.
    I like grander games with real start location on the Earth Map in Civilization V and predecessors, when i hear about Civilization VI i was excited! But soon as i knew about cities districts I've got dismayed.
    Civ VI, IMO, has many flaws all of them modable except for cities districts, heck, if it was already frustrating not having the Holland civilization with Brussels city-state in a RSL earth map, what to say about if one Holland city occupying the full extent of Holland, even on an just European map.

So i jokingly say that this Civilization VI should be renamed to "Sid Meyer's Cities" because of the focus given to city districts.
    Then this idea stuck me.
    It's two ideas, actually.

Civ VI must be grand to play campaigns with RSL focusing punctual places like medieval Italy, with the Italian states warring each other, or Aztec Central America with the Spaniards helmed by Cortez just arriving. If this wasn't already made, please, make it!.

The other idea is grander and probably is impossible to make without an impossibly powerful computer. Make a mod that links several maps in just one game, all of them linked in specific hexes that, when a unit reaches it, it is transfered to the new map. All the information of the previous map is stored and impacts the new map. If this could be possible, you can make a map of Europe and a map of, say, Central America and connect both in specific hexes that, when reached, transfers the unit to the other map. That way you can play with Spain in Europe map, travel to the Central America map and meet the Aztecs and Mayans there. I think that could be made something to make this happen, what do you think?

2. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

Multiple maps is definitely a grand idea! Some modders attempted this in Civ IV but I don't think they were successful.