Siege Warfare

hmm. So spies + swordsmen + catapults is the best Japan vs China scenario? :)

If you use spies, you probably won't need catapults. The one turn spy rebellion disables cultural defenses and damages units for than one turn. You just attack on that turn. I probably wouldn't use catapults in that case - they'd be more likely to die than the swordsman.

If you're not using spies it's a harder call. It's even more important in RFC to get the cultural defenses down before you attack, so Accuracy Catapults are very useful. After cultural defenses are down is when the question arises. With the withdrawal chances, maybe couple of suicide siege wouldn't hurt too much.

I prefer to beat up on the independents. You might want to try to destabalize China first. If you can build a city inside China's core it really damages their stability.

Hmm, I knew a culture induced revolt causes unit damage ... but a spy one does as well you say? If this is true, it would make an espionage gambit even more useful for an anti-Sino japan than I had first postulated.

Wait, how many espionage points do you need against the enemy to reduce the defenses?

In a battle between two equal stacks, when one has siege weapons and attacks first, the stack with siege wins. Collateral initiative rules this game.

well, it only reduces defenses for one turn, so I doubt its by too much. (as opposed to 3 turns via cultural disorder)

I like seige suicide best. Chance of withdrawal is pretty generous usually, so it works out.

well, it only reduces defenses for one turn, so I doubt its by too much. (as opposed to 3 turns via cultural disorder)

Cultural Defenses go to zero and units suffer about 50% damage for that one turn. That's a lot from the Spy revolt. But it is only one turn so you have to hit them on that turn. Don't start the spy rebellion before troops are in place.

Top Bottom