1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Signed equipment

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by King of Town, Jan 1, 2009.

1. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

What "signed" stuff did you guys have growing up? I had a daryll strawberry bat that broke almost immedietly. I had an Al Leiter glove that i was really ashamed of because no one knew who he was, and a ted simmons catchers mitt. Don't ever leave a ted simmons catchers mitt in the rain over night. it don't work so well afterwards.

2. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

I have a kerry wood jersey.

3. Mauer

Mauer Pompous Noble

I have a picture of Nolan Ryan autographed, a card I had sent in to Frank Thomas, and one from Juan Gonzalez.

4. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

If were doing cards I also have duke snider, jim palmer, ernie banks, frank robinson, billy williams, and bob gibson.

5. rhawn

rhawn Emperor

When I was a kid, one of my neighbors played with Brian Leetch at BU. When the Rangers won the cup in '91, 92, or something, I met him when he was partying at my neighbor's. I didn't know who he was at the time, but he was cool and gave me an autographed photo.

6. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

I've got an autographed foul ball from Kenny Lofton. Not sure if that counts

7. El Justo

El Justo Deity

i had a bunch of usable equipment w/ the faux signatures on them; one of my favorites was a gigantic 35" white ash Louisville Slugger Don Mattingly wooden bat that i used in babe ruth and high school against the slop ballers. sadly, i busted it in the batting cage :sad:

the glove i used in high school and afterwards is a Wilson faux-signed by Bruce Sutter (of all people). i liked the 'floppiness' of it even though it was a pitchers glove (it's real big for a pitcher's glove).

i also had a black Louisville Slugger w/ Wade Boggs' hancock on it that i used for BP, heavy as hell though.

8. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

I never liked player's names on my stuff... I guess I thought I would be good enough to create my own line of stuff :crazyeye: . I did have a life size poster of Thurman Munson though! :cool:

9. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

I don't think I had signatures on any of my sporting equipment, at least not real ones. The hockey stick I used had a fake Mario Lemuix autograph though. My signatures were all on photos or baseball cards.

10. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

I meant the fake signatures. I used to love that, last time I was looking for a new catchers mitt none of them had signatures though. i don't know if they still do it. Although i do have two a-rod bats in my car, one of which broke I broke in the first game of homerun derby I played with it. I love the sound of a wood bat.

My friend back home has been bugging me to create our own line of bamboo bats.

11. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

None growing up.
    But years ago I got a signed football and 8" by 10" photo of Bill Walsh from my brother. :goodjob:
    He was in a frat at UC Davis with Walsh's son.

12. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

many, many leafs memorabilia since before the ACC you could go to the exit between MLG and the Buses and get things signed by any player you saw.

13. El Justo

El Justo Deity

14. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

I had a napkin autographed by Ki-Jana Carter. I kid you not.

15. rhawn

rhawn Emperor

I think my first baseball glove had a faux Ryne Sandberg signature on it.