[NFP] Significantly Fewer Crashes on PS4

InsidiousMage

Emperor
With the newest update I finished a standard sized game playing as Vietnam with no crashes. Won the game on turn 222 and played till 257. Played a huge sized game as China Kublai and had no crashes till the last 30 turns of the game and they happened more frequently as the game went on, first about every 10 turns then about every other turn for the last 10 turns of the game.

Thanks for the heads up! Been sticking to tiny/small maps, so maybe I'll give standard size a go at PS4.

Any insight in the game speed inbetween turns at the later stages of the game?

Any insight in the game speed inbetween turns at the later stages of the game?

That's not something I really pay attention to but it didn't seem any different from any other game I've played.

What difficulty level were you playing on please?
I usually use the PS4 at Emperor level (simply because there is so much less available information it makes things very, very slow at Deity having to wade through so many controller operations every turn whereas on the PC I can see everything right in front of me, such as science levels/Culture levels etc that is simply not there at all on the PS4)

I usually use the PS4 at Emperor level

Same.

such as science levels/Culture levels etc that is simply not there at all on the PS4

If you are talking about always displaying AI yields, it's in options menu but you have to have the right hand side tray open to see them.

Same.
If you are talking about always displaying AI yields, it's in options menu but you have to have the right hand side tray open to see them.

I was, and I did not know that - it is still hidden away though.
I'll check this later today & see how it looks in reality, but I do not remember seeing this in the past (but thank you for the pointer, regardless)

I've noticed it as well.

I got my ps5 a few months ago, and assumed the crashing issues would be better on the next gen, but nope. I was ready to give up, until this latest update. I haven't seen a single crash, and usually play on large maps.

Sadly even on PS5 still crashes late game with huge maps. a standard map I managed to play without a crash. still would love to play a huge map in marathon mode ( especially the new huge earth map with true start locations that will be released soon )

Sadly even on PS5 still crashes late game with huge maps. a standard map I managed to play without a crash. still would love to play a huge map in marathon mode ( especially the new huge earth map with true start locations that will be released soon )

That’s sad to hear. My brother and I have pretty much been playing one night a week online for the last year and the only end game crashes we’ve had have been on Huge maps. The last time we tried was in November when we both got PS5’s and it still happened. We were hoping to start a huge earth True Start game this evening in the hope that maybe it had been fixed/improved in one of the games updates since but alas, that doesn’t sound like it’s the case.

Top Bottom