Sikh Civilization

Sikh Civilization 0.20

ArcticOcean

Chieftain
ArcticOcean submitted a new resource:

Sikh Civilization - The Sikh Empire lead by Ranjit Sing

Sikh Civilization

The Sikh Empire in this mod includes features of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization, the Sikh Empire as well as later Pakistan and West-India history .

Features:
- Leader: Ranjit Sing
- Unique Building: Drainage
- Unique Unit: Sikh Sepoy
- Customized Traits
- Customized Icon Art
- Customized City list, Diplomacy text etc....

Read more about this resource...

I made this mod essentially as an expansion of my Middle East Szenario. The traits will probably not stay in the form of this initial release. For now I combined and modified existing traits. I will probably have to learn to integrate SQL or lua to make more unique modifiers. But here it is for now:

Indus Valley
Sikh Empire Civilisation Trait

+50% Production towards districts if placed next to a River. Floodplains do not block placement of encapements, commercial hubs and entertainment complexes.*

Will try to replace it in the final version with:
+1 Amenity for each city next to a river.

*I actually changed this in the code from 25% to 50% right before the release. I forgot to change the text for the config. Will fix this for the next version.

Freedom of Worship
Ranjit Sing Leader Trait

Receives Follower Belief bonuses in a city from each Religion that has at least 1 follower.

Will be replaced by:
+2 culture for each of your cities that follows a foreign religion.

Lion of Punjab
Ranjit Sing Agenda

Respects civilizations with a strong Economy. Dislikes civilizations with nearby cities.

Sikh Sepoy
Sikh Unique Unit

Sikh unique Indutrial era infantery unit. Gains faith from defeated enemies. Has a low maintenance cost.

Drainage
Sikh Unique Building

A building unique to the Sikh Empire. Gain +3 Food and +4 Housing. Replaces the Granary.*

*I'm still unsure about the exact bonus amount to use here.

Last edited:
Your mod has been quite helpful in compiling my own.

Just one question... how do you manage to get the dark lines around the leader portrait... both around the circle and around the leader head... so smooth? My lines always end up a little rough. I have been using, in Gimp, "stroke selection" with about 4 pixels width. Then I delete the portion of the stroke outside of the selection to get my lines. As I said, the lines do not look very smooth. Technical details of how you do it are welcome.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly I did this using Gimp: (I'm using the German localization, so some terms might be off a bit)

1. Do a circular selection.
2. Create a path from that selection.
3. Edit the path to go smoothly around the headdress.
4. Create a selection from the path again.
5. Fade out and inverse the selection.
6. Delete the unwanted area.
7. Restroke the path (not selection!) about 2-3 px width. You might want to play with the settings there a bit.
Plus a bit of color/saturation matching and cartoon filter.

I looked at the cities in the list, and it's simply Pakistani cities, w/ no check on whether they actually were cities under Ranjit Singh's empire. It even preserves Muslim names of cities under the Sikh domain. He had a number of cities in Indian Punjab as well, but they go unmentioned.

The actual list of cities that he ruled - Lahore (capital), Amritsar, Anandpur Sahib, Peshawar, Multan, Rawalpindi, Jamrud, Bhatinda, Samana, Sirhind, Patiala, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Srinagar, Ambala. Whereas some of the cities this mod mentions - Karachi, Hyderabad, - were in Sind, and not in his empire. Also, Islamabad didn't exist in the day - that city was created after the creation of Pakistan.

As mentioned in the discription I had a mix of "the ancient Indus Valley Civilization, the Sikh Empire as well as later Pakistan and West-India history" in mind for this mod to fill a gap in my middle east szenario. But I'm thinking about to change that on the long run, to give it a more unique character. So your city list might really become helpfull. I did omit Indian city names to prevent overlaps with the Indian civilization though.

As mentioned in the discription I had a mix of "the ancient Indus Valley Civilization, the Sikh Empire as well as later Pakistan and West-India history" in mind for this mod to fill a gap in my middle east szenario. But I'm thinking about to change that on the long run, to give it a more unique character. So your city list might really become helpfull. I did omit Indian city names to prevent overlaps with the Indian civilization though.

Thanks. Actually, the cities in Indian Punjab - Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, et al are rarely listed in India's civilization, so you'd be fine. But I do look forward to when your game is available on Steam - somehow, just downloading it crashes the game, although that might be because I tried tinkering w/ the city list as above.

Russian localization.
P.S> Replace Jadwiga in tag LOC_LOADING_INFO_LEADER_RANJIT

Attachments

• Vanilla_ru_RU.xml
    33.4 KB · Views: 470
Sikh Empire is called Khalistan

No, that's a modern Sikh separatist movement that was active in the 80s, and wanted to carve out Sikh parts of India out of India, while making no such demands from Pakistan. Whereas Ranjit Singh's empire was something that existed in the 19th century, and constituted all of Punjab, as well as Kashmir. In fact, the entire region east of the Hindu Kush and Khyber Pass was his - up to what's today the state of Haryana in India. His empire was called a Khalsa (community), but nowhere was the name 'Khalistan' used.

Arctic, when will this mod be available on Steam? I find that trying to get the mods directly into My Games folder crashes the game - this happens for any mod, not just this one.

Hey, I managed to successfully play this mod today, and won my first victory w/ Maharaja Ranjit Singh :king: It was a religious victory, dual size, vs Kongo :lol: But it was a great feeling being able to play this one

Also, you seem to have updated the city list, so thanks :)

One thing - when I play against Ranjit Singh, he doesn't select 'Sikhism' as his religion, even though that's what they were. Can you fix that? Also, you might call the kingdom Punjab if you want to avoid mixing country name w/ religion

Great mod but the colors are off. The Khalsa colors are yellow/orange, blue, and white.

Top Bottom