1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Silliest thing that you have seen, or done in Civ 3!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by cat98, May 21, 2002.

1. cat98

cat98 Pharaoh

:egypt:

I thought that I might as well anounce my return to the forums by recreating a tried and true thread!

:goodjob:

Heres mine:

Nuking my own capital city 4 times... I was in dire straights and one of my key production cities was about to be overrun, so I nuked the units next to it...
    :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
    :scan:

Not a good idea, the world started to turn brown,my improvements were gone and I had just noticed the little star next to that city.

Whats yours? (Civ haters or people too obsesed with realism as they see it need not apply)
    ;)

2. MrBiggBoy

MrBiggBoy High Admiral

HA!! thats a good one, uh mine would be when i ruthlessly abandoned my best production city by mistake with new 1.21 patch. i had to reload auto-save. :D oops....

3. Frodo Bolson

Frodo Bolson Warlord

My biggest mistake was to found the Americans with just one city and let them live, but that mistake was corrected. Now, all their cities and the Sinistel Chapel wonder belong to the mighty Babilonian empire. Rust in peace... or in pieces.

4. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

Signing a MPP with a one-city civ, who of course was attacked by every other civ. Auto-save is a good feature.

5. Tassadar

Tassadar Master

i disable auto save ( for weird reason) and i played for about 5 hour without saving( i forgot) then a powerfailure happened:o

6. littlebear

littlebear Chieftain

Built a city .. built a warrior .. sent the warrior out exploring. Germany came over .. killed me. Game over.

7. cat98

cat98 Pharaoh

:lol:

Heres a new one: The Aztecs declare war on me, they send in the warrors and archers... I take their capitol with a stack of 14 War chariots that I had been quietly building during the goleden age caused by them. They sue for peace. DUH. Thats some smart AI for ya.

8. andyo

andyo Prince

the stupidest thing i have done in civ3 is start playing the other night at 10:30, figuring i could controll the "one more turn" adiction - was playing until almost 3 - and was brain dead the next day for work

9. Carver

Carver King

Two AIs, Russia and France are at war. A Russian battleship is damaged and moves into a Russian city (defended by 1 Russian infantry) to heal. Only problem being that there are about 40 French infantry outside the city. Naturally, the city falls on the French turn and the battleship is lost.

10. Carver

Carver King

Also, later in that same game, the Russians built an army with 2 tanks and 1 longbowman in it... a longbowman! Naturally, I nuked the army along with a stack of 30 other units before they did any damage.

11. smallstepforman

smallstepforman Megalomaniac

The stupidest thing I ever did? Assume the Iroqies with whom I've just signed a Trade deal would not start an unprovoked war on the very next turn. The only reason I signed the deal was to avoid a war for 20 turns or so, long enough to upgrade my spearmen to musketman.

12. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Attacked Russia with only my starting settler and worker!

Pow pow! Come get me!

Lost of course, 0 points...

13. Random Passerby

Random Passerby Bystander

One time I was trying to figure out how much gold per turn I could squeeze out of an AI, so I put all my techs, resources, and luxuries up and asked "What would you offer for..."

Well, I thought I asked that, anyways. In reality I accidentally clicked "We offer this as a token of goodwill."

The kicker was that cranky old Elizabeth didn't even go to Gracious from all that free stuff!

14. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I've done that before...I had done it correctly once, and they had refused the deal because they didn't have enough stuff to trade for my empire but the second time I accidently gifted them my empire :o

15. allhailIndia

allhailIndia Deity

Three galleys attacked my battleship, one after the other....and destroeyed the battleship.:cry:

16. Sabotage

Sabotage Wehrmacht Commandant

Not so much as stupid as it is........stupid.

I was playing the Romans and a I sent a stack of about 5 mech infantry into Germany to try and capture another oil source. They sent about 16 calvary at my mech infantry, all but 2 died fighting the SAME unit. That's not the worst part...the worst part is I didn't get ONE LOUSY LEADER!! grrr....

17. Sir. Martin

Sir. Martin King of the kings

Originally posted by Random Passerby
    One time I was trying to figure out how much gold per turn I could squeeze out of an AI, so I put all my techs, resources, and luxuries up and asked "What would you offer for..."

Well, I thought I asked that, anyways. In reality I accidentally clicked "We offer this as a token of goodwill."

The kicker was that cranky old Elizabeth didn't even go to Gracious from all that free stuff!

Well I did what is even worse... I wanted to see how much I could get for all my stuff including my ( about ) 80 cities, and instead of offering me something I got the message: "Thank you Sir. Martin, the Danish people are very generous" - haha, yes VERY generous I must say... :lol: ( autosave is a great thing! :goodjob: )

18. Jason Fox

Jason Fox Warlord

I was in a tough war when my only source of oil ran out. Had to make peace and secure more oil before I got rolled over. Offered a low production city surrounded by mostly jungle as part of a peace settlement and they accepted.

Two or three turns later I noticed oil had appeared within the boundries of my former city. Had to go to war with them again to get it back.

19. cat98

cat98 Pharaoh

:lol:

"I was brain dead the next day at work"
    TeeHeeHee!
    That makes me think of some of my days at school after a hard night of forgetting to go to bed.
    *Shudders*

20. philippe

philippe FYI, I chase trains.

i once attacked got attacked with my modern armor by a barbarian warrior.i lost