Silly AI

Lucky The Fox

Prince
Louis declared war on me and managed to grab one of my cities. Moment later my wonderfully ally, Gandhi came in and razed it. Looks like he really should stay on the non-violent path. :rolleyes:

Feel free to share your stories about AI's irrational behaviour.

lolol, i was playing a 18 civilization game and these random civs would declare war on me, half of the time ther wasnt even any fighting. also, somehow the ai manages to have 50 army units but still have buildings and wonders.

Are you kidding me? This should absolutely have been addressed by now - if a Civ you are allied with retakes one of your cities, YOU should regain control.

If not, we are owed half of Europe...

Venger

Venger said:
Are you kidding me? This should absolutely have been addressed by now - if a Civ you are allied with retakes one of your cities, YOU should regain control.

Venger

Yes, Venger is right.

But I would have done it too :D :D :D

Venger said:

Venger

Only if you two are in permanent alliance.

I played AW on the same team as some AIs on team continents. A couple of them went to another teams continent and built cities. With two defenders.
The one that got there first only had one defender, built a second and then started on A SETTLER! I don't think the AI knows where their enemy is... didn't take too long before 10-15 units arrived and that was just one of the civilizations there sending it. I'm sure there were many more on the way.

Venger said:

Venger

I do hope you are kidding?

In case you are not: :D
1. We would own America, cause we stole it from the native Americans (you are kind of our grandchildren, you will get the inheritage when we will be gone, untill that point it is our land).
2. Europeans don't appreciate it when Americans say we should suck up to them till eternity because 'they saved our asses in WW2'. Why? Because during the second world war America didn't get involved in the war untill Germany made the big mistake of torpedoing some American ships. So it wasn't like 'let us help those Europeans', it was more like: Germany+Japan is getting too powerfull (they allready posses a large part of Europe and now they are starting to shoot at us), let's destroy them. (For your information: the southern part of France was never taken, neither was England, the germans had overrun us, but were not likely to be able to control such a big area (remember that the Russians made sure about half of the germans were fighting in Russia by the time America stepped in)).

Not saying that we shouldn't acknowledge that the help from the Americans made it easier to free Europe, but that does not equal eternal worship :king: .

This reminds me of the time France got a nice 'SHUT UP, we saved your asses in WW2' when they said they didn't like the idea of invading Irak.

Anyway, hope you were joking ;)
Moderator Action: Trolling - warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

sivlardemalle said:

1. We would own America, cause we stole it from the native Americans (you are kind of our grandchildren, you will get the inheritage when we will be gone, untill that point it is our land).
2. Europeans don't appreciate it when Americans say we should suck up to them till eternity because 'they saved our asses in WW2'. Why?

Ooh cool an ungratefull europeon...

1. You stole it from the native americans? We stole it from you...

2. Who cares... just be thankful we saved your butts... why didn't you guys save poland? why do you demand that we should have entered the war immediately... you could not win it - you needed us - we don't need you...

Back on topic... I hope that if the relations are good enough with an AI (near the top of the ratings) that they will gift the city back to you... if the relations are poor or not pristine... I can understand them not giving it back... (especially if they are leaning toward razing the city due to thier hatred for the OTHER AI)

Craterus beat me to #1. Yeah, we own America in the first place because we kicked England out (twice), and then France sold off its ownings. After that, we went and stole land from Mexico, and finally, Russia sold of some land. This isn't including conquering the natives.

So, as you can see, we own this land fair and square. :crazyeye:

Marc

sivlardemalle said:
2. Europeans don't appreciate it when Americans say we should suck up to them till eternity because 'they saved our asses in WW2'. Why? Because during the second world war America didn't get involved in the war untill Germany made the big mistake of torpedoing some American ships. So it wasn't like 'let us help those Europeans', it was more like: Germany+Japan is getting too powerfull (they allready posses a large part of Europe and now they are starting to shoot at us), let's destroy them. (For your information: the southern part of France was never taken, neither was England, the germans had overrun us, but were not likely to be able to control such a big area (remember that the Russians made sure about half of the germans were fighting in Russia by the time America stepped in)).

Not saying that we shouldn't acknowledge that the help from the Americans made it easier to free Europe, but that does not equal eternal worship :king: .

This reminds me of the time France got a nice 'SHUT UP, we saved your asses in WW2' when they said they didn't like the idea of invading Irak.

The United States entered into the Second World War after Hitler declared war on them - owing to his alliance with the Japanese. Before the Americans intervened militarily they had preserved the British via the Lend-Lease bill wich gave 3,000,000,000 pounds sterling to the Brits with no expectation of repayment. Churchill made the comment that it should be remembered as the most selfless act in all of recorded history. Americans have a habit of overstating their involvement in the war, whereas Europeans have a habit of understating it. We Canadians are kinda stuck in the middle. We get the clear picture.

sivlardemalle said:

Why would I be kidding? The statement was used to illustrate what I consider a flaw - I don't think the US is owed half of Europe, unless you use the Civ4 system. However...

Who is we? Because we took it from the native Americans, fair and square, who took it from the previous residents of these lands, fair and square. We beat the British to become independent, bought some of it from the French, beat Mexico for still more, until the nation stretched from sea to shining sea. I for one think the world is a better place for having this land be a nation created by European immigration, rather than be a land of tribalism occupied by people who HADN'T EVEN INVENTED THE BLOODY WHEEL AND WERE DRAGGING THEIR STUFF ON THE GROUND BEHIND THEM WHEN THEY MOVED.

2. Europeans don't appreciate it

You're right - you can stop the sentence right there. You don't appreciate it, not anything. You don't appreciate the US helping end WW1. You don't appreciate the US de-Nazifying Western Europe, going so far as to let the French Army, who fought the Americans and British far MORE than they did the Nazis and formed the infamous and traitorous Vichy regime, be the first into Paris. You don't appreciate the blood and treasure spent to help rebuild Europe and protect it from the expansionist Soviet Union, the country that before the War allied with the Nazi's to divide Eastern Europe. You don't appreciate the lives given to sustain West Berlin, which almost fell into Soviet hands were it not for the airlift to sustain them. You don't appreciate that the US engaged Soviet expansionism abroad to defeat it, where you were able to ignore it, and in fact march in the street with anti-US slogans and peacenik rallies borne of a culture of irresponsible angst.

Lately, you don't appreciate the faith of your forefathers that helped turn Europe from a mess into the country that spawned modernity, gave birth to the greatest nation and experiment the world has seen in the West, instead embracing statist secularism and passivity while your nations become mired in lazy neglect. Where are the great nations of Europe? Only the United Kingdom even tries anymore to be a truly great nation - more due to their leader and character than anything else. Where is mighty Germany, France, Spain, name a single GREAT NATION on that continent? They are all mired in hopeless abandon, with double digit unemployment and breaking under the weight of a hopeless welfare state. And to support the European designs for the welfare state, you have imported cheap labor from North Africa and other poor countries.

Your new Moorish invasion is of your own making. Reap the whirlwhind.

when Americans say we should suck up to them till eternity because 'they saved our asses in WW2'. Why? Because during the second world war America didn't get involved in the war untill Germany made the big mistake of torpedoing some American ships.

Wrong war chum, that was WW1 - the Luisitania. We didn't start either War. But we sure finished eh chap? Moderator Action: Language and trolling - warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
So it wasn't like 'let us help those Europeans',

Are you kidding me? Roosevelt did everything in his power to aid Britain. Lend/Lease kept Britain alive when she was reeling. You think the Soviets were driving Russian trucks to the front? Think again...

it was more like: Germany+Japan is getting too powerfull (they allready posses a large part of Europe and now they are starting to shoot at us), let's destroy them. (For your information: the southern part of France was never taken,

Is this what they teach you in Europe? Southern France was the traitorous VICHY PUPPET. Good grief, they don't teach European history in Europe, you offer that as if the French army stood off the might Wehrmacht and forced a truce - the French GAVE UP, and they COLLABORATED with the Nazi's in forming a government in Vichy that spent the rest of the war resisting the allies.

neither was England, the germans had overrun us, but were not likely to be able to control such a big area (remember that the Russians made sure about half of the germans were fighting in Russia by the time America stepped in)).

The Soviets bled out the Nazi's in Russia, but the threat of invasion kept dozens of Nazi divisions and the Luftwaffe tied up in the West - without the Allies invasion in the West, and the bombing campaign against the Nazi homeland, the Soviets would have bled out as well, leaving an uncomfortable stalemate in the East.

Here's what you guys might try on for size - when a nation, a free nation, has saddled up to war to stand by your side, maybe you could return the favor one day and ride to war with us? You know, like now?

This is a very, very long topic - France was a proxy protector of Iraq, they were bascially bought by Saddam - but to state that invading Iraq and getting rid of that tyrant is something you just can't see yourself doing exposes the moral bankruptcy in Europe.

I was, we aren't owed Europe, all we asked for was enough land to bury our dead.

Venger

Top Bottom