1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly brag thread about minor milestone

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Eladriin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Eladriin

Eladriin Chieftain

So as the title says I know this is minor but hey why not make my first post here about something silly.

So I won my first legitimate game of Civ 4 today. I specify legitimate as meaning I did not use world builder at all and the map was assembled using a stock script. It was a bit weighted but only using the games mechanics. So details

Civs: 2
    Player Civ: Rome
    Player Leader: Caesar
    AI Civ: India
    AI Leader: Gandhi
    Map Type: Ring
    Map Size: Duel
    VC(s): Conquest
    Difficulty: Chieftain
    Xpac: Beyond the Sword

What happened:
    I bee lined IW and made a stack of four Praetorians two Archers a Spear man and an Axeman(I think). I set up next to his territory made my DoW and slaughtered him.

I'll attach the start and end saves just in case you want them.

Attached Files:

2. GreekAnalyzer

GreekAnalyzer Back from the Dead

[party]:rockon::rockon::dance::dance:
    Welcome, Young writer, to the land where the strong control all and the weak "cultured" people burn, where the advanced destroy the primitive, where the UN is a tool for world domination, where democracy is just a means of building things quicker while communism is the most effective economy for large empires more often than not, where those who conquer the quickest and than keep control of their spoils are the most respected, where men love to start as cavemen on their trip 2 the cosmos, the heavens fall twice with incantations of unbelievable power, where the ultimate religious authority is a white, radioactive rock that can burst forth sometimes with the radiance of a thousand suns[1], where the forecast is continued war in a hell-hole of eternal war against EurasiaEastAsia with a 100% chance of mushroom clouds, or have been forced to abandon their own home due to thermonuclear warfare for the stars. All at the dance of those voyaging writers, who place with the lives of trillions for the purposes of their game.

This is Civfanatics. Only The the strong will flourish under its members iron rule and titanium fists. The weak will be perished, the strong ganged on, the cunning survive.
    Do you have what it takes, Oh maybe wise and definately greedy writer?

3. mrrandomplayer

mrrandomplayer Hopeless Situation Warrior

^That.

Also, you misspelled definitely and repeated the word the twice in a row in the same sentence, once which it was capitalized incorrectly.

Speaking of which, one time when I was playing as Ethiopia in unmodded BTS (all random settings), I saw that India had one warrior in their capital. So I trained 3 Archers, and then I had a continent to myself.

4. baseballpie

baseballpie Deity

:Grammar Nazi: :D

5. GreekAnalyzer

GreekAnalyzer Back from the Dead

Well, I was on my iPod, so you're lucky that I even got to Copy Paste it. :p

6. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

Marathon, Monarch, Pangaea, Huayna Capac vs Catherine, 3835 BC Conquest

7. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

:lol: