1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly but serious question..

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by mattkaru, Dec 18, 2010.

1. mattkaru

mattkaru Chieftain

Hey guys! I have to admit that this may sound silly, but I abhor some of the tilesets in CiV. I believe it is the American trees set that makes me gag - I don't care how pretty Vermont is during October, I don't want to see bad attempts at mimicking it through brown/orange trees. I like green trees, and pretty green grassland.

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When this game started I was overjoyed. Does it not look idyllic? Unfortunately, this sort of beautiful landscape is all too rare (in fact, just beyond the isthmus are great plains of...tundra :p). I've tried changing to world settings to "cool" and "wet" but this doesn't seem to work on a consistent basis. Any ideas on how to have grassland and European tileset trees trigger more often?

I've considered downloading some of the maps in the mods section but many of them tend to be Large or Huge maps. My computer's specs don't really allow me to play bigger than Standard without serious lag.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

2. charon2112

charon2112 King

I'm the opposite, I love the autumn tree tile sets in CiV. Maybe because I'm from New England. :)

3. jagdtigerciv

jagdtigerciv Prince

I like them all. Variety is good.

4. ApocalypseMao

ApocalypseMao Chieftain

Cool temperature setting causes more tundra to appear. Try using temperate or hot. Also, the Wet setting causes more forests to appear on the map. I'm not sure if it does anything other than that.

5. mattkaru

mattkaru Chieftain

I think I wouldn't mind the brown/orange trees so much if they had a splash of red and yellow among them, but it always looks like an entire forest was choked by smoke. Just a personal preference thing, I suppose. :)

Thanks ApocalypseMao. I'll just do some more experimenting and see what turns up the best results. I haven't tried 'hot' and 'wet' yet.

>_>

6. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Up here in WA, our trees are always the same.

7. Zydor

Zydor Emperor

We chopped down most of them a few hundred years ago fighting the Dutch, French and Spanish - we working on it, and doing good, but a couple of hundred years to go yet...

So for the moment, green or brown is good :lol:

Regards
    Zy