Votes: 13 35.1%
  • both of them

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • never played simcity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Highgeneral

Gone forever!
What do you like better simcity4 or simcity 2000? I like them both, but some people like simcity4 better and some like simcity 2000 better. Well which do you like the best?

Eh, they're both good. I prefer SimCity 4, although SC2K is quite fun as well.

Ok SC4 has better graphics,more buildings,alot more rewards,different road systems etc.

But 2k is a classic

I haven't tried SC4, I reckon I'd like it better, I usually like the new games better.

I don't like the tile system though, it doesn't let me shape the city as I want to. Until they've fixed it (if they ever will) I'll stick to SC2k.

I liked SimCity 3000 more than any of them. I think that Simecity 4 was made too complicated for a Simcity game. Simcity 2000 was ok though.

I like both of them but yes 4 was made too complicated so i play 2k and 3k mainly

SC2000 was one of my first games. It was simple, it was fun, it was addictive.

Someday I should start a thread about all the SC2k tricks I know. Right know I'm building a city with 4 lakes and one island. Whenever you rotate the map the island moves from one lake to another.

Perfection said:
Someday I should start a thread about all the SC2k tricks I know. Right know I'm building a city with 4 lakes and one island. Whenever you rotate the map the island moves from one lake to another.
How do you make that happen?

When you demolish a bridge at the lowest elevation the ramps move to the highest elevation. So you basicly get floating tiles above a little void. So I made my little island on the floating tiles, then created a lake underneath it than rotated it and did the same.

Here's a pic, the city is still under heavy construction

Attachments

• trick.gif
    trick.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,935
SimCity 2000 was awesome for its time, but it isn't that time anymore. It's still a simple, fun game, but the awful (by today's standards) graphics and sound are a turn-off, to me at least.

SimCity 4 is the opposite. It is way too complicated for a completely casual gamer to enjoy (and way too difficult, but the Rush Hour expansion removes this problem), and most computers can't handle it unless you turn the graphics all the way down (but if you do have a computer that can handle it, it looks amazing). Regional play, although a great concept, can be a tedious hassle. All in all, much like Civilization 3, it is a very good game, but you must sit down, practically quit what you're doing for a week, learn how to actually play it (the manual won't help), and really get into it to fully enjoy it.

So which one's better? Well, to me, SimCity4. When I play a SimCity game, I do it to get a sense that I'm constructing a city, and to "live" in this little world. I just can't get this feeling from 2K, now that I've experienced 4.

I'm not trying to get off topic, but in simcity 2000 does the music only play at the end of the year (when the bugget window comes up)?

Only played sim city 2, still have the first one for the atari but lost the anti-priacy code sheet, anyways my only 2 problems with SC2 was all the damn Llama crap, and no matter what you did with the traffic it still was never good enough. Subways, trains, highways, busses it all didn't matter, you could just leave all the plain old roads in and it would still have the same effect as everything else(IE it doesn't solve the problem) and it costs so little to keep. Which removed the whole point in having subways and trains and everything else

subbss said:
No it plays during the game also but the music changes to a special song when that window pops up. There is other music.
Well my old simcity 2000 disk is a little scrached up,maybe that it.

I also had problems with the public transportation. I never learned how to use highways either. Got any advice on that Perfection?

All this talk about how complex SC4 is makes me want to buy it...

Top Bottom