1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

simon bolivar determined? what does that mean?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by Evil Beejeebers, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Evil Beejeebers

Evil Beejeebers Chieftain

I want to start a new game as the Spanish but I don't really understand bolivar's trait determined. I get that it adds strength to units based on liberty bells but I don't really know how it works could someone give me an example of what it does?

say I had 100% rebel sentiment would a solider attack at 6 instead of 3 and is it only against the king?

2. Blind Side

Blind Side Chieftain

Determined means +100% effect of Liberty Bells on Rebel Sentiment

3. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

Yes that is correct, at 100% rebel sentiment it would double attack strength, and it is only against the King. So his bonus has no effect at all on the game until you declare independence, but at that point it gives you a huge advantage. This is also combined with promotion and FF bonuses. It makes your troops so powerful it is actually possible to fight the entire war of independence without losing a single unit (and I have done this).

4. Evil Beejeebers

Evil Beejeebers Chieftain

thanks I get so confused with the maths in this game it is so ambiguous.