Simple fix against ICS production exploit

theis81

Warlord
Problem
I like how number of districts are limited by citizens, it makes ICS less strong. But with fixed and not percantage bonusses buildings in a rather small city is quite strong, especially since they spread 6 tiles. Spamming small citites between your big ones combined and build factories/powerplants adding bonusses that stack will lead to a crazy production economy.

Fix
I suggest (like I think it was in a previous civ) that certain buildings had a prerequisite number of citizens for the effect to work. For example a factory could require 7 citizens and a powerplant 12.

Result
You will need to grow the cities more balanced, for instance you need food and housing which means it is a real investment getting the factories/powerplants in place. Since food and housing takes up space and you will not be able to have place your cities to close to get the production economy up and running.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, districts from more advanced eras require a larger pop to support the infrastructure for those districts. Certainly no ones building advanced spaceports in their new frontier town.

Top Bottom