simple question about mods

MusicalRabbi2k

Chieftain
I installed Beyond the Sword on my brand new laptop with Vista on it.

When I play beyond the Sword without using any mods, the menu and civpedia buttons are in the upper right had corner along with all the buttons for the different advisors. Thw whole interface is there, with the world map in the bottom right corner.

I tried to play two mods and in both mods, the interface was gone. How do I change it so that I can have the interface in the mods too. Civpedia suggested (ctrl + I), I tried that and it didn't work. I also tried clicking on the city to see the city menu and I couldn't access it.

MusicalRabbi2k

I couldn't help but notice the word Vista in there, which reportedly seems to have some trouble with handling Civ4 mods. (But good news: Microsoft is currently developing an even better Windows program.)

Are you dealing with Mods you downloaded from the creation/customization forum?

->Make sure that BTS is patched to 3.17 and that the mod you have downloaded is compatible with 3.17.

->Make sure you downloaded all of the files for the mod and placed them in the correct location.

->Post your issue in the thread for the mod and/or read the thread for the mod to see if others are having this issue.

->Many mods by virtue of being user created are not super polished.

If you are trying to play with the Mods that come with BTS and this is still happening, it is possible that there is a problem with your BTS installation or patch. You could try to reinstall/repatch the game.

I sincerely doubt that this is related to a Vista issue.

Top Bottom