Simple questions (from a simpleton?)

Energumen

Chieftain
Hi, I bought CTP2 about five days ago, my first Civ type game, and have been totally absorbed in my first (and still ongoing) game ever since. It didn't come with a manual, and I haven't yet looked through the readme files, but I have some simple gameplay questions for you ...

Periodically, city names turn red, with a fist icon ... what's happening here?

Some squares turn black and lifeless - again, what's going on and what do I have to do about it?

I have researched cruise missile (and just acquired the nuke when I finished play last night) - how do I get a bomber to carry/launch the cruise missile and/or nuke?

I admit, I've just gone straight into the game with a hawk agenda, but all the other social/science/trade aspects look intriguing ...

OK, I've figured out how to load/unload a nuke onto a nuclear submarine ...

What are the pro's and cons of nuclear weapons within CTP2? Two countries have been at war with me for decades, I've just nuked a city each but neither seem interested in a ceasefire (and I got a load of messages from countries wanting me to cut my pollution!) - their cities are still standing too. Will they continue to produce materiel? Are nukes cost effective?

Periodically, city names turn red, with a fist icon ... what's happening here?

The people are unhappy. You can make them happier by, e.g., giving them entertainers.

Some squares turn black and lifeless - again, what's going on and what do I have to do about it?

They're dead tiles as a result of pollution. IIRC, you have to terraform them back. But I haven't played with pollution turned on in ages.

Originally posted by Energumen
OK, I've figured out how to load/unload a nuke onto a nuclear submarine ...

What are the pro's and cons of nuclear weapons within CTP2? Two countries have been at war with me for decades, I've just nuked a city each but neither seem interested in a ceasefire (and I got a load of messages from countries wanting me to cut my pollution!) - their cities are still standing too. Will they continue to produce materiel? Are nukes cost effective?

Good now do the same thin for a bomber(p.S try this load a nuke into a bomber/stealth bomber load the bomber/stealth bomber onto a aircraft carrier and... well see where I am goin?).
Oh and in order too destroy a cityy with nukes youll need too use them mulipule times and yes the cities will still produce stuff after they have been nuked... Once or twice(depemnnding on size) but at a VERY lower rate(decreased population=deacreased workers= less produciiton). Unless the city is VERY and I mean VERY large youll need more than three nukes(P.S wait until you get a Eco rannger... then the fun REALLY begins MWHAHAHAHAHA MWAHAHAHAH cough hack wheeze sputter sputter).

Energumen,
If it's not on your CD (I think it should be), you can download a digital version of the manual (and the tech tree) from Apolyton. It's not an extremely useful document but I'm sure it will answer at least some of your questions: http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?t=index (Files > CtP2 > Miscellaneous).

Top Bottom