Since when did this site start with the ridiculous "You won a prize...

I never win prizes. :(

You won the Perfection prize.

And actually on-topic, it makes no difference what ad is on there, as long as it conforms to Thunderfall's standards. Nobody said you had to click to win the prize.

"Click the banner and send us money... Um I mean win a prize!"

Get Firefox already :D

If you have any questions about Firefox please feel free to PM me and ill help you out.

I agree, Kranden, Firefox rules! Don't uninstall IE, though, because some stupid sites don't support it (though very rare and usually not well done).

You do not need to keep IE, if you have the plugin called IE tab, meaning that you can go to sites where only IE works and still be on Firefox. I know that I have, but so far I have not needed to use it.

There is one good reason to have IE installed on your computer. You need it to goto www.getfirefox.com before you install firefox :D

Firefox 4 life

We must band together lest we be destroyed by Internet Explorer. Do not go quietly into the night, Fight for the Ad free internet we deserve.

www.Firefox.com

I wonder, does the site collect the ad revenue if our browsers don't load the images?

Nope. Which is why I figure seeing an add every now and again is a small price to pay to be able to use this forum and database for free. CFC is one of only 3 websites that I have specifically told adblock NOT to block. Least I can do.

I've seen aggressive ads before and I mean aggressive. It was one of those ads that appears from the sides of the screen and consumes a 3rd of the screen. I clicked exit but it kept coming back eventually, after chasing it around for several minutes it left me alone. :p

Nope. Which is why I figure seeing an add every now and again is a small price to pay to be able to use this forum and database for free. CFC is one of only 3 websites that I have specifically told adblock NOT to block. Least I can do.

I did not notice that, but sounds like a job to get the Adblock onto my Firefox, but allow it for CFC. :goodjob:

Besides, the ads here aren't bad. And if it keeps this place rockin', more power to 'em.

sniff stop trying to make me feel guilty! Besides I bet the ads are payed on traffic to the page, how can they know if you do or don't see the ads. All adblock does is blocks it being displayed.

As someone previously so eloquently said,the ads do not even load with Adblock, much less displayed. So the ad will not count that hit, meaning no money for CFC.

Got a sound ad for the first time today. I don't mind static ones, and moving ones are OK if they aren't too flashy. But how am I supposed to listen to music or browse CFC in a quiet library/dorm/etc. when the site's shouting, "Come see Superman" at me? The ad was on the main page; I'm pretty sure it was on the right hand of the screen.

On the plus side, I suppose it's slightly better than an ad with a virus.

Well, I guess it's time to download Opera again. Adios, IE.

I use IE7 and the only ads I mind are the pagewide ads that show up the first time since a few hours I come on this forum. But they don't show up often, and the others are okay with me. I'm not going to slow down my computer by downloading an entirely new browser aswell as a ridiculous amount of add-ons.

Top Bottom