Single/Multiplayer VP Pack + Make Your Own Modpack + Lag/Stability/Crash Fixes + Dedicated Server Fix

I started a really fast game (england at renaissance era) and put a spy in London. When I try to click on "Make Event Choice" nothing happen. Here the Lua.log.
Some descriptions are missing in the menu (when I try to look the UU or UB of each civilization). Here I try to see one UU of Morocco and, as you can see, only the name is displayed (which isn't the normal behavior).
Ps: I use EUI

Attachments

• Log.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 43
  • No_description.jpg
    No_description.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 86
  • spybug.jpg
    spybug.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
I started a really fast game (england at renaissance era) and put a spy in London. When I try to click on "Make Event Choice" nothing happen. Here the Lua.log.
Some descriptions are missing in the menu (when I try to look the UU or UB of each civilization). Here I try to see one UU of Morocco and, as you can see, only the name is displayed (which isn't the normal behavior).
Ps: I use EUI

Code:
Runtime Error: [string "Assets\DLC\U_MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(6a) Community ..."]:82: attempt to index local 'Game' (a nil value)

Sounds like EUI is not working properly?

G

Greetings! Excuse me if this was mentioned before, but is it normal that cities of other factions are seen through the fog of war? Their populations and garrison strength remain unseen too.

Attachments

• 20210710144544_1.jpg
    20210710144544_1.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Code:
Runtime Error: [string "Assets\DLC\U_MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(6a) Community ..."]:82: attempt to index local 'Game' (a nil value)

Sounds like EUI is not working properly?

G
Yes, I think the problem is link to EUI and the new beta (since the spy overhaul) in a ModPack. I havn't got problem when I install the mod "normaly", even if I use the same "UI_bc1" folder to play with EUI.

Last edited:
Greetings! Excuse me if this was mentioned before, but is it normal that cities of other factions are seen through the fog of war? Their populations and garrison strength remain unseen too.

Since nobody has replied, no, that's not normal. have no idea what's causing that or how to fix it though

I don't know for you but since the beta 7-1 I can't make a multiplayer game works after the first turn. The non host player always CTD during AI turn 1. I tried a lot of things : do again the modpack etc... I just did a modpack with beta 6-7-5 and it works fine. In soloplay all the modpacks work well, I only have CTD when I use them in multiplayer.

Is it the same for you ?

Last edited:
Make sure everyone has cleared their cache.

A bug report on Github with a crash dump would also be useful.

Make sure everyone has cleared their cache.

A bug report on Github with a crash dump would also be useful.

Thank you for your answer.
I think I will wait the next new version and try again, because the actual version start to be "old". I also wait another answers to know if I am the only one with this problem or if its really a problem related to the latest beta version (and maybe next ones). If nobody can play in multiplayer because of the same bug I will report it on Github but I want to be sure that the problem isn't on my own.

I'm facing problems with multiplayer games as well. Everyone is ctd at the same time, 20 - 30 turns into the game

Crashes have been bad since 12-1 was released, cannot finish a multiplayer game anymore

Ok, I found the file causing my problem (CTD turn 1 in multiplayer). It is "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" from the new Beta. I replaced it with the one from beta 6-7-5 before creating a new 7-1-3 Modpack. Now I can play with it in multiplayer for more than one turn ! :)

That's... not going to work well.

Folks who are having reproducible crashes, please open detailed issues on github. Please be sure to include whatever modpack you are using or the steps you used to create the modpack as the details of the modpack have a great impact on things. Debugging multiplayer is very difficult and time consuming due to the need for multiple clients so information regarding crashes from people who have spent the time to get multiple people together to try and play a game is valuable!

bump for new version, spys work now! wooo
Thanks DEVS!!!
How did you get spies work ? With EUI when I have a Spy event I can pick a mission for the spy but then I still have a "Make an event choice" button... I can do nothing because the spy already have a mission (all choices are "grey") . I have to move him to the hideout to be able to continue the game :( (with my own modpack)

Edit: I have the problem only when I play in Multiplayer, when I play alone using my modpack I havn't got the problem.

Edit 2: Sadly I have the same problem with your modpack, only in multiplayer :/

Last edited:
How did you get spies work ? With EUI when I have a Spy event I can pick a mission for the spy but then I still have a "Make an event choice" button... I can do nothing because the spy already have a mission (all choices are "grey") . I have to move him to the hideout to be able to continue the game :( (with my own modpack)

Edit: I have the problem only when I play in Multiplayer, when I play alone using my modpack I havn't got the problem.

Edit 2: Sadly I have the same problem with your modpack, only in multiplayer :/

Not too sure, just tested with my modpack and everything worked fine, maybe try a fresh install of civ5, delete everything in documents/mygames too. Also I use the EUI from the latest installer, not sure if that is any different.

Also there is as new step I added for the modpack UI fix, maybe its that

Last edited:
Not too sure, just tested with my modpack and everything worked fine, maybe try a fresh install of civ5, delete everything in documents/mygames too. Also I use the EUI from the latest installer, not sure if that is any different.

Also there is as new step I added for the modpack UI fix, maybe its that
Yes, I will try it on both PC, maybe I have to put event on (in multiplayer) ?

Top Bottom