1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Please report all single player bugs and crashes from the 13th July 2013 (release v31 = SVN 5771)

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the following in your report:-
    The version of c2C you are playing. this would be "the download version" or the "SVN version xxxx". (Note: SVN is the beta version for more information on how to use the SVN version see here.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
    • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
    • the MiniDump.dmp file. It is found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing Caveman2Cosmos. IE the folder that contains the BeyondTheSword.exe file.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

Basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem​

If you saw the AI doing something stupid/unoptimal/otherwise bad make sure your BBAI logging is set to 3 in the BUG options. Then, post a savegame exhibing the behavior as well as the BBAI log, found in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder.

How to turn on logging.

In the Civ 4 INI file, located in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword, there are some logging options. Make sure they look like this.
    Code:
    ; Enable the logging system
    LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
    SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
    OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
    RandLog = 0 

; Enable message logging
    MessageLog = 1
    Note: You only need to have RandLogs on if you are playing Multiplayer, otherwise just leave that off (thx Cyrusfan)

How to turn on the AI logging.

The AI logging is turned on in the BUG options screens. It is the BBAI log mentioned on the Logs page. It writes to the same folder as the other logs creating a BBAI.log file there.

2. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Rev 5763:

Anyone else seeing the modifier recalc popup after loading although there wasn't any update to the game made? This hasn't happened to me before.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah, me also, i thought it was just me, so thx for pointing this out.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

While I was playing a game yesterday all the "Tales of..." units lost their missions, just like the story teller line of units have. I have not changed that XML for a while. Has anyone been changing that part of the dll?

5. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

I just recently updated to V30 and when I load my save and end my turn suddenly I think like in every Civ a Volcano Spawns.1 Volcano Spawned in my city and another spawned next to one of my other cities.And now every turn when I end it my turn the Volcanos keep destroying stuff...Is there anyway to stop this,fix it, or remove the Volcanos?Please help

6. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

Also does anyone have the link for V29?

7. strategyonly

Whom ever committed last UnitInfos, it now CTD??? with error??? Was that Hydro's??

Fixed by DH, thx alot!!

8. Donut11975

Donut11975 Chieftain

For my problem a event in the log in game did say somthing about Hydros's about a unknown volcano and that the land has lot's of life and the soil is really fertile.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Found the problem there was a missing > on the one of the bonus lines. I use an XML editor and it found the problem as soon as I opened the file. ;)

I'll update soonish.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Two problems

1) any time anyone changes anything in the unit file the terraformer causes a CTD even though it is not defined in that file. I'll remove both it and the bulldozer again I had not put the terraformer on the SVN so the SVN should be good.

2) More important after Tbrd's latest I can't load or start a new game with either dll it just gets stuck in initalizing.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I just updated to look into that and I still have no problems at all. Everything loads just fine on this end???

12. strategyonly

dll is making it CTD?? see below

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

If it was me I am sorry. Last night it all exploded and it took me a bunch of tries to fix what I did wrong. Which I was trying to fix what TB did wrong. In short I should have just fixed it myself and not asked TB. He was busy enough.

14. strategyonly

non-repeatable CTD

mini/save/BBAI in attached. SVN 5770 60X60 VP

15. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I realize it's not a good time to talk about anything other than V31. Nevertheless, you might like to check out this issue at some point.

The problem could be that I'm trading a ship to a civ without a port... It's a repeatable CTD (this is v29 download) if you sell a Cog to Ivan of the Celts.

Attached Files:

16. strategyonly

1. repeatable CTD after latest SVN 5771 (CTD WHEN loading)

mini/save/BBAI in attached

2. Did a test of the one savedgame BEFORE this, and it works, so something happened inbetween the turns?? (savedgame 383 works, but not above)

3. OK NOW even this one CTD's Here is a different CTD 330am( attached mini/save/BBAI)

17. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Rev 5771:
    The mission buttons for WW1 and WW2 Ambulances are gone (again?). In fact the whole button display shows either buttons from the unit selected before or the city build list and in both instances the buttons do not work at all. Only the unit data is shown on the left. Keyboard shortcuts still work.

18. Snofru1

Snofru1 Chieftain

I got an immediate CTD when I tried to finish the turn of the attached save. Now I can´t even start C2C anymore by double clicking on this save.

Edit: This is SVN 5771

Attached Files:

19. Dancing Hoskuld

I am having a similar problem with other units loosing their mission buttons.

20. strategyonly

I dont want to submit a dll that CTD for v31, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.