Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
No art for Meadowcraft Rockshelter.

edit: Same with Richardson Island on R6510.

Yes we know about all those Wonders and movies, we are working on them, but thx.

@DH

In the Food Merchant, it says that the schema does not have this tag, iBaseFoodChange ?

@ Hydro

Code:
<BuildingInfo>
			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_CORMORANT_TRAINER</BuildingClass>
			<Type>BUILDING_CORMORANT_TRAINER</Type>
			<SpecialBuildingType>NONE</SpecialBuildingType>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CORMORANT_TRAINER</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CORMORANT_TRAINER_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CORMORANT_TRAINER_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<Advisor>ADVISOR_ECONOMY</Advisor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_CORMORANT_TRAINER</ArtDefineTag>
			<ObsoleteTech>NONE</ObsoleteTech>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_FISHING</PrereqTech>
			<TechTypes>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_POULTRY_DOMESTICATION</PrereqTech>
			</TechTypes>
			<VicinityBonus>BONUS_POULTRY</VicinityBonus>
			[B]<VicinityBonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_FISH</Bonus>
			</VicinityBonus>[/B]
			<ProductionTraits>

This in bold must be like the line above, but i dont think you can have 2, but i am not sure??

@DH

In the Food Merchant, it says that the schema does not have this tag, iBaseFoodChange ?

The Food Merchant has had no work done on them for many versions. Koshling was going to do some ai for them before we include them. I have them turned off. I take a look.

Re: Immigrants I have not been able to replicate all the problems people have been having with these units. I'll do a clean instal and try again.

Ok, so spending the evening doing some debugging here I finally managed to figure out what the improvement was that was causing trouble on that last bug issue: IMPROVEMENT_CLAIM_STONE

I'm not sure... is this supposed to be a fort or not?

Also... DH said something about barbs being able to build forts without claiming the tile... THAT could certainly have been causing some trouble there.

Anyhow, this is not to address any of the current bugs (I think) but it's nice that I've managed to LOAD THE DEBUG DLL! which is new ;) I was able to do so after one crashed attempt then another try got through. I'm wondering if it had something to do with waiting until the mod began loading before attaching to the thread... hmm...

Ok, so spending the evening doing some debugging here I finally managed to figure out what the improvement was that was causing trouble on that last bug issue: IMPROVEMENT_CLAIM_STONE

I'm not sure... is this supposed to be a fort or not?

Yes that is the one I said was being built by barbarians but they were not getting their culture on the plot when it was built. It is not a fort. Forts wont be giving you the resources they are built on soon, same with towers. If you want the resource you will need to build the fort near it then build the improvement.

Or you can claim the plot and put an improvement on it. This was mainly for realistic culture spread so that you could get those very important plots next to yours that RCS refuses to give you because it is coded for Ancient on not for Prehistoric.

It was also intended for use when claiming islands more realistically. IE building a seal or whaling station on an island rather than the fort.

I get a CtD, a repeatable one that is.

Save and Mini dump are attached, version is 6304.
On a side note: the number on the minidumb is 6443 but the DLL is the one from yesterday.

Not repeating for me on the current assets.

Yes that is the one I said was being built by barbarians but they were not getting their culture on the plot when it was built. It is not a fort. Forts wont be giving you the resources they are built on soon, same with towers. If you want the resource you will need to build the fort near it then build the improvement.

Or you can claim the plot and put an improvement on it. This was mainly for realistic culture spread so that you could get those very important plots next to yours that RCS refuses to give you because it is coded for Ancient on not for Prehistoric.

It was also intended for use when claiming islands more realistically. IE building a seal or whaling station on an island rather than the fort.

So the problem is that it is not a fort but it gives culture... this situation is not something the super forts seems to be equipped to handle. However, although one bug that situation creates was fixed there may be others causing more issues.

Just has a CTD after i clicked on next turn:

This one was interesting. Without a save I don't think I can fix it. Apparently there was an issue with a unit stack advancing to where they'd just had a combat but the number of visible defenders on that plot was unevaluatable somehow. Might just be the minidump not giving me all the information I need but I'm thinking perhaps the unit chosen to go forward to fight among the stack couldn't see another unit that was there but another unit in the stack could (like a dog perhaps) and that led to an inappropriate assumption that the stack could validly move forward when somehow it could not and 'crash'. I'm not sure of this theory though... I could be way off.

@TB:
Here's another one. CTD on EoT. Not checked for repeatability, save included.

View attachment 364901

Might be the same as last time, couldn't wait for a fix so started a new game.

Edit: From rev. 6493.

Not repeatable on the current assets. Quite possible the bug was fixed already.

Serious issue: After playing a while with today´s SVN the game became slower and slower. I closed it and tried to restart but I can´t! I can´t reload any save and I can´t get C2C started at all! The game CTDs even before the opening screen can be seen.

I have reinstalled yesterday´s SVN and everything works fine. I can load the last savegame (attached here) and play on just as normal...

Fixed the problem with it being unable to reload. Not sure what could be causing it to run slower though.

This is an important update and I imagine anyone who played with the last dll will need this one right away.

Committing it to the SVN now.

Fixed the problem with it being unable to reload. Not sure what could be causing it to run slower though.

This is an important update and I imagine anyone who played with the last dll will need this one right away.

Committing it to the SVN now.

It works perfect now, also no slowdown anymore :thanx: !

Thank you for giving us the Koshling here and repairing bugs, this is really highly appreciated!

@ Hydro

Code:
<BuildingInfo>
			<TechTypes>
			</TechTypes>
			[B]<VicinityBonus>
				<Bonus>BONUS_FISH</Bonus>
			</VicinityBonus>[/B]
			<ProductionTraits>

This in bold must be like the line above, but i dont think you can have 2, but i am not sure??

I have had 2 in the city vicinity for a HUGE chunk of my mods all the way back with my HAND mod before there was a C2C.

That's the right way its coded to have 2 in the city vicinity. Its basically how all my Crops, Minerals, Seafood and Hunting mods work.

Afforess showed me how to do that. And I have ran with it for years now.

its the reason why not every city can build the same crops or seafood. If you have X resource B resource then you unlock a bonus building if their both in the city vicinity. Note that buildings that produce resources such as herds now also count as city vicinity. In the past this was not the case.

You might try this coding:

Code:
<BuildingInfo>
	<TechTypes>
	</TechTypes>
	[B]<PrereqVicinityBonuses>
	           <VicinityBonus>BONUS_FISH</VicinityBonus>
	</PrereqVicinityBonuses>[/B]
	<ProductionTraits>
	</ProductionTraits>
</BuildingInfo>

You might try this coding:

Code:
<BuildingInfo>
	<TechTypes>
	</TechTypes>
	[B]<PrereqVicinityBonuses>
	           <VicinityBonus>BONUS_FISH</VicinityBonus>
	</PrereqVicinityBonuses>[/B]
	<ProductionTraits>
	</ProductionTraits>
</BuildingInfo>

Here is the correct tag for extra ones: PrereqVicinityBonuses

So it looks like that is the correct one, thx, Flinx

EDIT: Pink btn?? Pumice Stone . .

Couple of things

1. What happened to the screen here, i cant read the top of it anymore?? (pic 1)

2. Why am i getting in alot of the cities (not all, thank goodness) these missionaries for free being built?? WithOUT me building them?? (pic 2)

3. I am getting a unit (Mech Inf) in each of my cities FREE when a war starts, and goes till the war ends??

My ships on auto are being destroyed by archers because they don't know to move out of range.
Yeah, they start healing instead of getting away.
I usually lose 10-15 ships to this problem until astronomy tech as boats tend to stand close to barb cities in heal state when automated.

Edit: Graphical paging permanently erases sign posts (alt-s).

Missions which are not defined in the same module as the unit are not showing up. See immigrant thread in this sub forum for example. I had to move the mission and units out of core and into their own module to get the example mission to work. Not sure which others are broken.

Missions which are not defined in the same module as the unit are not showing up. See immigrant thread in this sub forum for example. I had to move the mission and units out of core and into their own module to get the example mission to work. Not sure which others are broken.

I think its time to re-do missions(mayne go back the way they were) heck i dont know,, since it looks like AIAndy is gone for an indefinite time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom