1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

95% (plus No City Capturing - Yes and Allow Unit Suiciding - No). Should I lower it to e.g 90%?

S.

Edit: for Automatic Piracy this is also 95%.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You might need to. Apparently Koshling's changes make the odds % a bit more interpretive and it will be swayed by the derived value of the units it might attack to consider the odds lower due to a lack of strategic value.

One of the flaws here is that the means to evaluate unit kills here was never fully finalized. So it may not see how worthwhile it would be to take down an animal in combat... may not see the intrinsic value in this. So it's not seeing good cause to attack despite the core odds.

I think we may need to split that portion of the AI from this automated odds check.

Yes, lowering the odds threshold may help. Theoretically.

3. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

This is not so much a bug with the game as it is a bug with MY game. Every time I load a game, the game options, quick combat, graphic options and such, are all reset to default, and I have to set them all over again. What am I doing wrong?

4. chipper_30

chipper_30 Chieftain

Are you running the game as an Windows Administrator? (right-click, "Run as Administrator")

5. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

Tried that, still does not work.

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Do what i do when i make changes etc etc, I make a folder on my desktop called User Settings and place all the files inside of that from the game i just played just incase something like you explained happens, that way, i can just copy and paste and WOLLA your playing again.

7. Stormwind

Stormwind Chieftain

Two possibilities come to mind:
    1. Check if C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Game\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini is write protected. If yes remove read only from it.

2. In the Civ4\Beyond the Sword folder are shortcuts to the ini, save folder, screenshot folder etc. Please check if these point to their correct files/folders in Documents or just come up empty.

8. charlesb96

charlesb96 Chieftain

These were already correct, still not saving options settings.

9. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Moved to SVN.

10. jshetley

jshetley Chieftain

I have a game breaking bug in that the tech writing does nothing. No embassies, open borders or tech trading.

11. MacCoise

MacCoise Chieftain

Think the other civs need the tech too

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Which I think is wrong since verbal agreements between nations did exist before writing was used by most people, and so probably before writing came along as well.

Before Trade like in the normal game came along nations would exchange gifts. That might be an interesting idea to look at but probably would require a quantity system for at least some resources.

Diplomacy needs some work, especially the Right of Passage and Open Borders treaties which used to be beneficial but now are almost worthless.

14. jshetley

jshetley Chieftain

Then it is back to ver33 for me then unless I could somehow change it back.

15. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

It is possible to change the tech needed to do those trades.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel this breaks the game? What's so critical about being able to trade as soon as you get writing whether they have it or not?

17. jshetley

jshetley Chieftain

While it isn't game breaking for everyone, it is for me since I like trading. I usually go for writing as fast as possible to do it. This would not be so bad but with me having 17 cities to only 2 for the other civ it'll take them forever to get to writing. I have been playing on, but it hasn't been as much fun for me as it should be, considering that most other things look great. The 1 thing that doesn't is the ai with the 1 civ having 4 cities now to my 28.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah, we do know the AI needs some serious adjustments there somehow. I do plan to make sure that gets addressed by the next revision.

19. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Culture units - does the AI have the same requirements for culture units as the human player?

I ask because i build the culture wonder polynesian which is required to build catamarans.
    So far, so good.
    Not so good is the fact that some turns later i spot catamarans all over the oceans.
    If i'm correct this shouldn't be that way since the culture polynesian can only be build once.

Please fix this bug!

20. Noriad

Noriad Chieftain

I have seen Catamarans before anyone has built the polynesian culture wonder. When a barbarian civ turns into a regular civ (in my case Egypt), they get a bunch of free units. These free units included Catamarans. I have also seen another barbarian-civ-turned-normal-civ get a stack of bear riders.