Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Yeah, we do know the AI needs some serious adjustments there somehow. I do plan to make sure that gets addressed by the next revision.

But to do that we need saves and complete BBAI logs. We can't just start to change stuff arround based on quesses.

Culture units - does the AI have the same requirements for culture units as the human player?

I ask because i build the culture wonder polynesian which is required to build catamarans.
So far, so good.
Not so good is the fact that some turns later i spot catamarans all over the oceans.
If i'm correct this shouldn't be that way since the culture polynesian can only be build once.

Please fix this bug!

I have seen Catamarans before anyone has built the polynesian culture wonder. When a barbarian civ turns into a regular civ (in my case Egypt), they get a bunch of free units. These free units included Catamarans. I have also seen another barbarian-civ-turned-normal-civ get a stack of bear riders.
We really should take these as good reasons to keep graduating barbarian civilizations from spawning any national units as part of their 'free units' they get when they do so. I'm not sure where the code for all that exists though.

But to do that we need saves and complete BBAI logs. We can't just start to change stuff arround based on quesses.
It will take some deeper analysis yes.

I see no problem with the Barbs getting units before the AI or Player. Do the Barbs have to be dumb brutes that you can quickly deal with and move on? Or shouldn't they be a challenge?

Also don't Barbs have a setting that only allows them to have 70% of the tech that the rest of the game has? If another AI has any of those units they have a 70% chance of having it too.

As for the catamaran, there doesn't have to be a Polynesian Culture in the game for them to be in the game. Just the the right tech researched, iirc.

I thought Hydro was going to stay away from UU's and UB's but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

JosEPh

I see no problem with the Barbs getting units before the AI or Player. Do the Barbs have to be dumb brutes that you can quickly deal with and move on? Or shouldn't they be a challenge?

Also don't Barbs have a setting that only allows them to have 70% of the tech that the rest of the game has? If another AI has any of those units they have a 70% chance of having it too.

As for the catamaran, there doesn't have to be a Polynesian Culture in the game for them to be in the game. Just the the right tech researched, iirc.

I thought Hydro was going to stay away from UU's and UB's but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

JosEPh

It's not about them getting units before the player... it's about them getting units that only one player should ever get.

It's not no UUs - it's just UUs by culture rather than by civ pick. It's also that UUs don't replace core units as the old method has them do.

Catamarans in particular are only available to the civ with Polynesian culture. They're super powerful as they are a 'get to circumnavigation first free' card. That's something that should never be given for free to a nation that just clawed their way into civilized status imo.

Getting UUs is also a problem for all nations if you do an advance start. I usually start out with a Deer Rider if I start in Ancient. IE it is not just culture units but also wonder units.

I also like to beeline for writing to be able to trade techs. I have no tech brokering options, but I like to help the small civs to catch up. It makes for a better game than having only 1 or 2 civs equal to me or better than.

Catamarans in particular are only available to the civ with Polynesian culture. They're super powerful as they are a 'get to circumnavigation first free' card. That's something that should never be given for free to a nation that just clawed their way into civilized status imo.

Catamarans also allow you to pick up goody islands in uninhabited parts of the world, and contact overseas civilizations long before anyone else. This may boost your tech speed considerably, both through Tech Diffusion research bonus and tech trades. It also allows you to work on improving relationships early, giving you a diplomatic edge when cross-ocean travel becomes common and intercontinental wars start.

I consider the Catamaran the most valuable Unique Unit in the game, and perhaps the only good reason (other than roleplay) to start as a Culture (Oceanic) civ, as the rest of the Oceanic-derived cultures are not that impressive compared to those of civs of other continents.

---------------------------
The villagers "give" you gold! You receive 120 gold!

How did Noriad manage to either post as a guest account or delete his account afterwards?

Not sure if these have been addressed in the latest SVN versions.

Barbarians spawning Heroes and UUs.

Some metal resources are not being properly provided by Stone Tools Workshops on Peaks, or Mountain Mines. Also, they often don't count towards vicinity resources.

Is there some particular reason Story of the Bear cannot be built in the same city as Myth of the Bear?

One of the Great Commander promotions doesn't seem to be working correctly, if at all. I forget the exact one, but it reads "Continues attack while at full strength", which doesn't appear to be doing anything. What, if anything, is this meant to be doing? I think it was on Initiative IV or something, but I'm not sure.

The National Achievement wonders that can be constructed by Heroes remain inconsistent. Specifically, not all Heroes can construct the Tourism, Environmental, Medical, and Safety Achievements. Is this intended or just something that is still being worked on?

All sorts of issues relating to Palisades/Forts claiming territory. The main one that springs to mind is the culture remaining after razing or replacing the Palisade/Fort with another improvement, which combined with the AI's propensity for building them on resources makes it impossible to return an area to virgin wilderness post-conquest, for purposes of animal spawning or encouraging emergence of minor civs.

Barbarians spawning Heroes and UUs.
I THINK the hero spawning is fixed. As for UUs I don't mind that they do but I do want to find a way to keep graduating civs from getting those and I also feel some UUs need rebalancing.

Some metal resources are not being properly provided by Stone Tools Workshops on Peaks, or Mountain Mines. Also, they often don't count towards vicinity resources.
I believe this is resolved.

Is there some particular reason Story of the Bear cannot be built in the same city as Myth of the Bear?
You'll have to ask DH on that one.

One of the Great Commander promotions doesn't seem to be working correctly, if at all. I forget the exact one, but it reads "Continues attack while at full strength", which doesn't appear to be doing anything. What, if anything, is this meant to be doing? I think it was on Initiative IV or something, but I'm not sure.
While quite powerful it's also difficult to make use of. It allows the attacking unit to make another attack as soon as the battle is finished (the unit will automatically do so so there are times when you may not realize it has - graphically it won't even bother to disengage from the previous combat.) It will only attack again IF the unit is completely uninjured at the end of the battle so this being a rare situation, it may not be seen to be working. Works best for units that are vastly outgunning the enemy. As for whether it's working THROUGH the commander's promo or not I have not been able to verify or deny.

The National Achievement wonders that can be constructed by Heroes remain inconsistent. Specifically, not all Heroes can construct the Tourism, Environmental, Medical, and Safety Achievements. Is this intended or just something that is still being worked on?
I think it's that you're seeing the difference between differing types of heroes by design.

All sorts of issues relating to Palisades/Forts claiming territory. The main one that springs to mind is the culture remaining after razing or replacing the Palisade/Fort with another improvement, which combined with the AI's propensity for building them on resources makes it impossible to return an area to virgin wilderness post-conquest, for purposes of animal spawning or encouraging emergence of minor civs.
I think this was sorted out by removing some difficult to work with improvements.

How did Noriad manage to either post as a guest account or delete his account afterwards?

It looks my account 'Noriad' got corrupted. I can log in (it takes my password) but then it immediately logs me out, and the "my account" button is unavailable so I can't reset my password. Attempts to post give a database error.

I've decided to create a new account "Noriad2" to post this.

---------------------------
The villagers "give" you gold! You receive 120 gold!

Yes there is. However I am simplifying all the Myth buildings at the moment and that will change. Not being able to add buttons is slowing things down a bit.

Having said that all work will stop for a while when Beyond Earth comes out. I am not hopeful it will be any good but I am getting it for my birthday.:cool:

In general the claiming of the territory is the point of these improvements, especially if you are using the Realistic Culture Spread option which is great in all eras except the first where it is worse than useless and the only way to get those important resources in your territory is via these improvements and then building the correct improvement over them.

Forts etc provide culture to a plot. That culture has to be over come by another culture. I thought that diminished over time if there is no cultural flow from neighbouring plots. It is part of the Super Fort mod that Koshling merged in.

First of all, sorry if this is something already reported.
From the first time using v35 there is something wrong with units graphics, also with animal, it changes from one unit to another (the unit graphic), if you press in the unit it changes to the correct one... it's weird.

Thank you :)

From the first time using v35 there is something wrong with units graphics, also with animal, it changes from one unit to another (the unit graphic), if you press in the unit it changes to the correct one... it's weird.

This bug was fixed few weeks ago.
My advice - download newest SVN.

Thank you :)

Turn unit animations on in the options.

Yes, with animations off an unselected/active unit gets its base displayed rather than its complete form. This means you see the unit that the skin was added to, so crocodiles look like knights.

The charismatic trait does the opposite of what it's supposed to. I get a -1 from leaders for having it.

But what are the other traits also, and the Neg trait?

But what are the other traits also, and the Neg trait?

Ok I see why I get the -1. The deceiver trait gives a -2 and boudica has both charismatic and deceiver. I tested it with another leader and got +1 for charismatic so it is working right. It's my mistake and i'm sorry about it.

Top Bottom