Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

The slowdown is caused by something in the settler AI CvUnitAI::AI_settleMove and has nothing to do with wonders.
The crash is caused by a missing unit button, the engine can't handle missing buttons and crashes.
Code:
RESMGR: Texture Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Carthage_Swordsman.dds failed to load
is this extracted from my sav?

I only can repead: crash and massive slow down was when I hurry the wonder, tried it 3x different way and turns. When I hurry it 3 truns later, all was fine.
The 7:30 min cannot be caused by generating units anyways. For such the game may need 20 seconds, or 30, but not 5 min more than usual. Also: when one kernel is running 100% for long time, it is a signal that there is a loof in processing or such. Regulary the same kernel may hit the 100% for one or max 2 seconds, than the CPU switchs the kerneal because internal boost system to prevent overheat of the kernel. Regulary Civ4 can run with 2 kernals and on a more kernel cpu the use of the kernels always jumps. Generaling of units - independent how much - which all are not shown on screen but set in list only, does not cause such.

link for .7z (as more than 10 MB) with logs and minidump
http://alphacentauri.us/privat/crash-turn-482-bC.7z

can't find any. it crashes little seconds after click next turn.

Fixed this bug.
Thanks again Alberts for bugtracking. I think I check all very carefully all buttons again and remove any missing buttons.
will you pls post an update here? So that my version is fixed, too.

That is what herbs are for. After all herbs are just local spices:mischief:.

Herbs are the leafy part of a plant (fresh or dried).

Spices are another part of a plant - seeds, berries, roots etc. :p

Here you have. Update this file in yours copy of C2C.

thanks,
but the last sav I sent above ( http://alphacentauri.us/privat/crash-turn-482-bC.7z ) still crashes after 12 seconds

Hello

I tried starting a game with Itzcoatl and was immediately met with -10 maintenance cost which caused research to plummet and units to strike. I looked into the issue and it says it unit cost was cause. I suspect it has to do with Itzcoatl's politician trait, it is suppose to provide free support for a number of unit but instead produced a cost increase. I tried it with another leader with politician as the trait and same issue.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I'm playing with v35

Hello

I tried starting a game with Itzcoatl and was immediately met with -10 maintenance cost which caused research to plummet and units to strike. I looked into the issue and it says it unit cost was cause. I suspect it has to do with Itzcoatl's politician trait, it is suppose to provide free support for a number of unit but instead produced a cost increase. I tried it with another leader with politician as the trait and same issue.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I'm playing with v35

I THINK Alberts fixed this on the SVN version a while back.

I THINK Alberts fixed this on the SVN version a while back.

Which does not help those without the SVN :mischief:.

How close are we to being able to do a freeze and next release?

The stuff that I am doing with the animals units is tedious at the moment but except for the error with the Bear units can be continued after the releases. As can the fixing of the map generation placing of resources eg kangaroo resource only appear in the Oceanic quadrant (sextant is probably more pedantically correct.)

I'd like to get the AI done for Healers and Property Control and I may be about 1/3d of the way through that project at the moment. By the end of the weekend I MAY have it completed. You're option will be enabled at that point too.

I'd like to get the AI done for Healers and Property Control and I may be about 1/3d of the way through that project at the moment. By the end of the weekend I MAY have it completed. You're option will be enabled at that point too.

I should mention that this really only takes me as far as being able to then focus in on bugs alone for a bit. There's a few odd ones I've seen lately I still want to hunt down and this will give some time to make sure those AIs are working properly and appropriately.

any news to my crash sav ?
or can I again mark a game as wasted time? I *never* had a C2C played to its end. Always had a crash w/o any fix possible and/or no answer.

That save doesn't crash for me so i can't help.

But there is a nif file and
Code:
RESMGR: Scene file Art/Units/Unique/Siberia/siberian_tracker/SiberianCossackExplorerUnArmored.nif failed to load. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file.

a button missing maybe that causes your crash.
Code:
RESMGR: Texture AArt/Interface/Buttons/Units/sparth/great_general.dds failed to load

Oh ok, thank you. I guess I will learn how to use the SVN.

Thank you all for making the best, all encompassing CIV mod ever. This is how CIV should be.

Top Bottom