1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I have here

F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Units\Unique\Siberia\Art\SiberianCossackExplorerUnArmored.nif

F:\Civ_4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\art\Interface\great_people\great_general.dds

but I use the package that I got from Sparth, believed it is up to date.

Edit
    means, I need from someone a complete C2C package wich is really up to date

2. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

I will send you new package in this week after AI changes and my new project ended, ok?

3. Dreifels

Dreifels King

ok, also heute oder morgen, danke

4. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

5. Furoncrypto

Furoncrypto Chieftain

So I was playing a match and saw how the AI built wooden palisades to put its territory on a single resource outside of it city. At first I thought this was an amazing mechanic and I tried it and it worked, at first.

I tried it, hooked up two resources that were outside the borders of my main city. But when I tried to do it again on some resources that were a bit further away, the territory coloring would leave on its own. I figured I needed a unit guarding it to maintain my claim of the square but nothing. The same doesn't happen to the AI.

I was hoping for some clarification on the mechanic if it is not a bug.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It sounds like a bug. It you build a tower or early fort you should get the plot unless it is in someone else's territory. It may happen that their culture on the plot is bigger than yours but not enough to claim it. We would probably need a save game from before the early fort was built to find the problem.

7. Dreifels

Dreifels King

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That error will usually put more detail in the PythonErr.Log file please post it (not PythonErr2.log) from a game which has the error you posted.

9. Dreifels

Dreifels King

logs with errors:

LSystem.log
    MPLog.txt
    PythonErr.log
    PythonErr2.log
    resmgr.log

here attached

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

As far as I can tell looking at PythonErr.Log and the code there is a problem with either the city or technology name. One or both probably have characters that are not supported by the method used in the code.

Did you catch what the city or technology name were?

Or maybe you are playing in German perhaps? There is an error in the text for the German language entry.

The file is in Assets\XML\Text and is called EnhancedTechConquest_CIV4GameText.xml. The translation for the success in German makes no sense. If you were playing in German would it be possible for you to provide us with a real translation?

11. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

I did a translation, see the attached file. I remember there was a discussion about text format (UTF-8 or whatever), I haven´t changed anything there and hope it is right...

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is no attached file. The current text looks like a leader name not a translation of the success text.

13. Dreifels

Dreifels King

yes, German version

14. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Oops, sorry, forgot to attach...
    Here is the corrected translation.

Attached Files:

15. Dreifels

Dreifels King

fine. no more error messages on screen.
    (logs not checked)

16. liosalpha

liosalpha Chieftain

I'm working on a big spread sheet on all the resource combinations on the game. (like how apples and flax in a towns work space, enables roses)

Now I have run in to some irregular combinations for the "hunter camp" vs the "breeding program" for some animals. Now i'm not sure if these are bugs or not so...

* Beavers + prime timber =beaver traps with river access. the breeding program does not need rivers.

* Caribou hunter camp = Deer+ beavers + tundra/ice + min lat. 40
    Caribou Breeding program= Deer + tundra/ice + min lat. 40 (no beavers.)

* Zebra hunter camp =Elephant + Horse
    Zebra breeding program = Elephant + Deer
    Giraffe breeding program = Elephant + Deer (and has no hunting camp)

*Rabbit hunter camp and breeding program needs just rabbits
    Fox hunter camp need beavers
    Fox breeding program needs only rabbits.

Those are the ones I have found so far. If this is a bug I can make a list of the ones I encounter and post them in a list. (I'm working from the pedia resource list and currently just on deer. after that I wane double check it with the building list too, cause some buildings seems be missing in the first list... if that makes any sense XD )

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The "breeding program" buildings are newish and have not been worked into the game properly. I think they were added based on a suggestion on the forums but after they were added no further work on them was done.

I am thinking of redoing them as national wonders that provide a "herd" in each city based on you having the correct Myth and enough of the correct cages/enclosure buildings. I think National Wonder rather than Pseudo National Wonder so that you have to make some decisions on which you want as there will probably be one per animal.

In the case of Caribou Breeding Program you would need
    • Myth - Caribou (not yet available)
    • 6 (adjusted by map size) Exotic Herbivore Cages/Enclosures

and it would give "Caribou Herd" in all cities.

18. liosalpha

liosalpha Chieftain

Alright, still it would make sense to have the same requirements for the hunting camp to be replaced by the breeding program.
    Anyway, does any one like to have a list of these odd ones?

19. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I think I made the breeding program buildings a while back. Hydro posted the reqs and stats and I made them all at once. Quite possible that he or me made some mistakes in all those buildings :mischief:

@DH:

I like your idea, but I'm on the fence if they should be NWs. If you have 6 Enclosures (which will end up to 20+ on larger maps) you mot certainly have at least one Herd (Access to resource) by then. Herds only give +1 :hammers: and +1 :food:, so that's not really a powerful NW... Herds are more an early game building and play a really minor role by the time you can build the Breeders. You should consider either unlocking the Breeders earlier or increase their effect (or both).

20. liosalpha

liosalpha Chieftain

Hmm... hunter camps are more early game and the breeding programs replaces them turning 1 hammer 1 food (and 1 unhappiness for ecology) in to 1 gold, 1 culture, -1 water/ground pollution and one happiness.
    Getting a herd in every city would mean a nice way to counter pollution. (I wonder how mammoths would be handled thou, being restricted to the min lat. 40) Also in my last game I could build tame animals to settle in any city that needed some more food. (Like cow sheep elephants bisons deer camels pigs Llamas and all the cross breeding species that came with them.) So in a way I think this national wonder is a wasting slot.