1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Galadrion

Galadrion Warlord

Ran across this little oddity in my latest game - apparently, guard cats on border patrol duty can also patrol territorial waters! :lol:

**Edited to add my game information: I'm playing version 35, with Sparth's Civilization Megapack.**

2. Hale_9204

Hale_9204 Warlord

The same thing happened to me :)
    I lost quite a few ships to these units before I realized my enemy didn't use any ship to sink my navy
    As for the version, I'm playing an old SVN rev (late december or early january)

Attached Files:

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I believe that's been sorted out on the SVN version. We should have a release coming relatively soon as we're now looking in the direction of final pre-release clean up projects.

4. Galadrion

Galadrion Warlord

Oh, good. Any idea of what timeframe we're looking at for the new release? Not intending to be a nag here; I'd just like to know what the plans are, if they've firmed up that much.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

No, not quite yet. There's a lot happening in RL that's got me stretched thin so I've not been able to get regular progress made towards a number of things I need to address. Therefore its a bit of a snails pace kind of thing at the moment.

6. Publicola

Publicola Prince

In my game, when I planted a city on a hills/grassland/caves tile, the "caves" effect disappeared and I was unable to build any of the cave-related buildings or wonders I was hoping to. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended effect, or if it has already been address if it is a bug, but I was hoping someone could clarify. Thanks!

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is a bug and it has not been fixed.

I assume it is because most terrain features are removed when you build a city so the vicinity code does not bother to look at the city plot when determining what features are in the vicinity.

8. Dreifels

Dreifels King

"garderobe" replaces outhouse, but a gardarobe is the room or area before the (water)closet, where visitors (i.e. in a theathre) can deposit their outdoor clothes and make fresh themself.
    so the correct word for the replacement of outhouse has to be "closet", and, when warer conduit is build, the word is "watercloset", later the the word is "toilette" (from the French) or simply "WC" or "00" (zero zero)
    :lol:

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

The intention is probably to describe the toilets in mediaeval castles.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes garderobe is the correct English word. The French word garderobe means something else.

11. Arakhor

Fun fact - Edmund II Ironside, King of England just prior to Cnut the Great, is alleged to have died of multiple stab wounds (be imaginative!) whilst using a garderobe.

12. Dreifels

Dreifels King

:lol:

13. Arakhor

I'm not sure what you find quite so funny about that.

14. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I set NOT to use Mountains, and so all factions cannot move / build over mountains.
    Except Inka
    They can build streets and buildings and get ressources
    see screenshot

15. Harrier

Harrier Deity

It is a feature. The llama worker can access mountains. Same applies to the Jivarro and possibly the Tupi.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@TB even though I use your new tags birds are still flying where they should not. EG pigeons in the ocean.

Also, I tried your kayak suggestion. Kayaks with 3 promotions don't last long enough to catch up with the rafts. Rafts without promotions can survive an attack by a bird. Kayaks can't.

17. Dreifels

Dreifels King

in Domestic Adviser Table at bottom is a field to click for save the size of the rows with Info txt "safe in file CustDomAdv.txt"

The file CustDomAdv.txt does not exist in game, and settings of the row get not stored but lost when restart game. How I can save that?

18. Harrier

Harrier Deity

It should be found in the "UserSettings" folder. You have to save a copy of this folder elsewhere everytime you make changes. You then need to retrieve this copied folder, every time you update C2C.

19. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Create an empty file and name it CustDomAdv.txt
    Place it in the UserSettings folder.
    Do your changes in game and press the save button in the editor.
    Changes saved.

Cheers

20. Dreifels

Dreifels King

turn 1340
    image 1 = memory and VRam usage before click next turn, image 2 = just at CTD
    this is every 5-10 turn, depending how much I move over the world. image 3 = usage just after start game and load the sav made before click next turn.

There should be an (extra?) mod/tool which makes the ram empty from time to time while playing.