1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. justinbn1

justinbn1 Chieftain

Hi, I've got this weird bug with a llama resource tile. Basically, interacting in any way with it (such as discovering the tile or editing it in Worldbuilder) causes a CTD.

I've included the minidump and my save, if anyone wants to take a look at it (the llamas should be south of the "discovered" territory, on a hill).

Edit- Apparently, reloading and waiting one turn seems to have resolved my problem...

Attached Files:

2. Liquidated

Liquidated Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!

<snip>

Sorry this was SVN related, self policing.

Cheers!
    -Liquidated

3. Genesplicer

Genesplicer Chieftain

Hi all,
    Newbie here who's just semi-heroically struggled from the Paleolithic to the Industrial age in about 1400 turns of epic at chieftain difficulty, as I wanted to go end to end to gain as large an understanding of this mod in one go without loosing too quickly :)
    Firstly, congralulations to everyone involved with the creation and maintenance of this mod. Of all the game mods I've played over the years, this is by far the largest and most comprehensive I've seen, and it sets standards of stability that builders/modders of other games using the same engine would be proud of (thinking of you, Bethesda software).
    Onto my problem - Industrialisation according to the Cevopedia only obsoletes Paleolithic buildings. On completion of this research, I lose about 12% of my total buildings, including all monasteries, observatories, schools, jails, hospitals, optometrists, civil buildings (village to metropolitan admin) et al, and none of these are accessible to rebuild, should I wish to continue. Is this intentional?

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

What has probably happened is that you were relying on one or more prehistoric buildings for some manufactured resources and those resources are needed for all those buildings to function. They appear to have gone but should come back as soon as you build newer buildings that provides the resources.

5. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

Never got this far in the Tech Tree. - But you should not just loose the advantages of a buildings. (Schools, Jails, hospitals, etc.) For no obvious reason.

They should only go obsolete when a replacement building (that replaces them - is built).

6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

That's why I think a system similar to the National Horse Breeder would work, where you'd have a National Shoemaker (or what-have-you) which would provide shoes to all your cities, so you wouldn't need to build up some 30 or 40 different Shoe resources and it wouldn't abruptly disappear on anyone.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This could also be a function of the BUG Option settings if Hide Obsolete Buildings or Worker Actions is Checked.

JosEPh

8. Genesplicer

Genesplicer Chieftain

@Dancing Hoskuld,
    Thanks for that - I think my brain wasn't operating on all neurones last night.

9. Elmon

Elmon Chieftain

10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Generally missing UI means Mod is in wrong directory path.

And More details please. Details are very important.
    List of questions:
    Is your BtS patched to the Official 3.19 Patch?
    What language are you trying to run C2C in (the mod only has a limited number of translations)
    What version of Civ IV are you using: Civ IV Complete? From Steam? Original 2 CD set?
    Where did you install Civ IV and BtS on your computer?
    Where did you place the Mod in the game directory. (My Documents is not really recommended for C2C )
    What OS are you using?

Most common directory path is this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

Steam has a different path. (I don't use Steam so a Steam user will have to help there)

Hope this helps.

JosEPh :)

11. Elmon

Elmon Chieftain

I use version 3.19 of BtS with English language. It's Civilization 4 Complete Edition downloaded from Steam Shop.

Game was installed in default steam directory:
    D:\gry\steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword

C2C were placed into Documents:
    C:\Users\Micha&#322;\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS\Caveman2Cosmos

SYstem: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Well hopefully one of the Steam users/players will see this and post suggestions for you. Since I don't use Steam then I'm handicapped at helping you further. Sorry.:sad:

JosEPh :)

13. Arakhor

As a possible issue, are you sure that Civ IV is patched to version 3.19? The game likes trying to lie to you about that.

14. sunrisereader

sunrisereader Chieftain

There is a mod folder under my games but i do not got anything in it, the mod needs to be under:
    Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

15. Arakhor

I don't use Steam Civ IV, but it works fine in my <documents>\...\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos. Maybe it's different for Steam.

16. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Putting the mod in My Documents works fine on Steam too.

@Elmon:
    If there is anything in your CustomAssets or /Assets/Cache directories, back up and remove the contents.

That's all I can think of, other than that non-Ascii crossed 'l' in 'Michal' in your path.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I think you need to patch to v3.19 by hand even if you have the steam version. Get patch here.

If you have done that then try starting a game via "Play Now" or "Custom Game". Whichever you did not do. I think one sets up some defaults which the other doesn't.

18. Elmon

Elmon Chieftain

BtS version is 3.19 (chcecked version in game menu) because steam patches is automatically during installation, but when I tried to patch it manually I had an error (game not installed correctly- try to reinstall).

@Yudishtira - CostomAssets/cache directory was empty

@sunrisereader - copying mod files into:
    Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

didn't help

19. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

CustomAssets and /Assets/cache are two different places, but they might well both be empty.

Try starting a "Play Now" game of vanilla BtS, then quitting it (to menu) and reloading your C2C savegame.

I think the Steam version is patched to 3.19 already, I don't remember ever doing that manually or otherwise.

20. Elmon

Elmon Chieftain

Yudishtira - I did what you said, but still no effect

I can play BtS normally, but have no inrterface in C2C