1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

How are you doing with your Factories? A lot of early crafting buildings go obsolete at Industrialization. If you have not replaced them with Workshop (Guilds) or Factory (Assembly Line) level buildings you could be missing resources you use to produce. Of those at risk are ...

- Leather
    - Glasswares
    - Pottery
    - Beads
    - Toys
    - Lye
    - Soap
    - Baskets
    - Cloth
    - Furniture
    - Shoes
    - Hats
    - Rope
    - Flour
    - Paper
    - Books
    - Sails
    - Cheese
    - Dyes
    - Sausages
    - Tannin
    - Lacquerwares

I suspect key resources like Furniture or Glasswares could be a problem if you have not replaced them with a Factory.

Just watch out for Globalization tech since if not everything is converted over to Factories then you could loose access to resources you once had when all the Workshops go obsolete.

2. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

sorry??? above as attachment all logs of ther turn in case and the sav before.
    Or do you mean one more before?
    ok. I attach here both
    the logfiles see above attachment

edit:
    was my first thinking, too.
    but furniture and Glasswares I made w/o result, and that should not set as "not yet build" the town hall lev 2 as I have lev 3 resp. 4 already.

The natural gas power plant bring back all. So energy was the reason, and that is wrong as I had hydro and geotherm energy and the great Hoover Dam Wonder.

3. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

Laquaware Factory gives effective negative culture ?

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

That should not be happening. The Laquaware Hut, Laquaware Workshop and Laquaware Factory should all give +1:culture: with Aesthetics and +1:culture: with Ornamentation techs.

I have no idea why it would say that.

5. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

The same is happening with the "Tattoo Parlor" pre version 35. SVN 7799.

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Dreifels

Ok I have a theory. What is your Education level in that city?

7. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

all cities have same level, city school, private school uni, size 45.
    but some cities have it with positive and some with negative, same for Sculpture factory.Sculpture factory build in all cities, Laquware factory bild in none city.

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Dreifels

Go into the city menu and find the Education property (Looks like a Red Book). Let me know what number/level it is at.

9. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

found it:

1) -19, Eduction 2980
    2) +2, Education 2280
    3) -17,80, Education 2506
    4) +2, Education 2654
    5) +2, Education 6705
    6) -18,10, Education 1307
    7) +2, Education 1675

10. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

failure in xml string

Assets\Modules\MrAzure\XML\Buildings\Azurian_CIV4GameText.xml (1 hit)
    Line 106: <Text>&gt;Alpha Male</Text>

11. rashaverak

rashaverak Chieftain

Well I didnt saw any helpfull response concerning my crash, what I did I went to world builder and removed cities, next turn stoped to crash when I removed Confederacy city Petersburg. Dont know how more I can help.

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Why are their 3 numbers? All properties should give 2 numbers; the current level and the amount per turn.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We're running on thin manpower for debugging at the moment. I'm really out of the loop myself on the matter as I'm absorbed into a project prompted by a major balance problem in the later game that was reported about a month before the release. During this first phase of a revision cycle debugging is at its lowest priority and of course is getting the highest number of issues being brought up as the public is working with the release version and finding what we weren't able to catch before the release.

Nearing the next release we start focusing in on the bug reports that have been made with the intent to get them all if we can. I'm not saying you'll need to wait that long, just saying that this is when many reports of this nature are shelved for a bit while other tasks are completed. I will address it myself eventually if needbe.

14. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

thats what I see. first is the culture (if positive only one number, if negativ with comma 3 or 4 numbes like decimales)

I give exact as it is shown up here

see image attached

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@Dreifels

Hmm. Then its not the Education. Its like WAY over the max education level which means you should have no negative culture from that. Could you take some screenshots of your Buildings, Wonders and Special buildings you have built in that city? Should eb located on the Left Middle part of the city screen.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If you look at his screen shots you will see that it has only 2 numbers. But dreifels posted the decimal point as a comma. So that 17,80 is actually 17.80.

JosEPh

17. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

On the Continent, people often use the comma as a decimal point, rather than the full stop. #ThingsyouknowasaEuropean :)

18. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

not "often" but always.

As I play in German language, the program switchs also the decimal and thousand chars:

All European languages: 1.000,00 € = one thousand € with two decimales
    while in US it would be 1,000.00 $ for thousand dollars.

So what is shown depends from language version of Win resp. of the game.

19. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

attached as sample "West Sahara" the wonders
    (but you can make it more easy if you take the last sav I uploaded here and look for West Sahara city.)

20. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

with Inniskilling units I have a unit that can pass foreign borders and attack units w/o war.

They upgrade to modern Sniper, and with the ability to build modern Snipers I no longer can build Inniskilligs.

However, modern Sniper cannot attack a foreign unit w/o war. It can do nothing except run around. So it is a bad upgrade.

Either modern Snipers should also be able to attack w/o war, or the Inniskilling need another upgrade and/or be still possible to build even when the modern Sniper is possible.
    :cringe:

Edit: Immigrant does not work
    have an Immigrant but I can't add him to a city

Edit 2 Spy screen - counterspy - how to make the scrren scrolling / reziseable?
    only 18 favtions are shown well in sky table as it is not able to scroll / rezise it.
    What file / where I have to edit it ?

Edit 3 Tatoo shop + Sculptures stop working
    I have all requirements, now suddenly (one step before modern art, they stopped with message that a needed resosurce noo longer is available. But I habe all (if Wikipedia is right and complete)

Edit 4
    nach now, one turn later all news stands stop working.

in general: it's annoying that there comes not an information what concrete is causing this. Such makes the game not mioe interesting but frustrating only. The more, when there is no relation to a lost resource field or trade or research and simply comes in a trade where nothing happenes.