1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

Thank you :)

Edit. I needed to look around a bit, and i deleted some folders here and some files there :) but after a while it worked.

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Not knowing which OS you use and which Civ IV \BtS package/provider, makes it harder to give directory path to find the cache that needs emptied out.

And Your Welcome. :)

JosEPh

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The fastest way of clearing the cache out is to play a turn of any other mod or even vanilla BtS.

4. WishIWasAModder

WishIWasAModder Chieftain

New to the forum, not new to Civ4, but new to C2C. I LOVE the mod thus far. I apologize if this is not the proper place to bring up a minor gripe, b/c it might not be a bug, but just me being dense.

I have Shamanism as my state religion. I picked up Tengriism b/c of the nice bonuses to mounted units. However, I can't get the Tengri Song building to light up for building. I tried changing my state religion to Tengriism. The Tengri Song building then showed up in the building choices in my capital, but unlit, so not able to be built. I have more than enough Eje Song buildings built to enable it. Peculiar.

Wat do? Is it me, or a bug?

EDIT: btw, the pedia doesn't mention a state religion requirement for the Tengri Song anyway.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not sure why at the moment will have a look soonish.

The pedia is a bit confusing with the religion requirements it does not distinguish between "a religion present" and "the state religion present" or "any state religion" but the building requirements do.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You need Tengrii as both your state religion and present in the city; plus you need both Eje Song and the Shaman's Yurta built in the city to build the Tengrii Song building. It is the two religion requirements that usually cause problems and aren't shown in the pedia.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If you can identify the tags and label which is supposed to say which I can probably fix that up.

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It may be possible in Python also. There are four tags on the building
    • ReligionType - the religion is required in at least one city in the nation but not necessarily this city
    • StateReligion - the name of the religion that is the state religion
    • bStateReligion - the nation has a state religion not necessarily the same religion as the others. Note StateReligion may be NONE if you don't care what religion is the state religion.
    • PrereqReligion - the religion is required in the city

So it is possible for a building to require Tengrii in the city, Druid somewhere in the nation and Bahai as the state religion. Not a likely example but we do have a number of buildings that just require a state religion, any religion will do as long as it is adopted by the state.

9. WishIWasAModder

WishIWasAModder Chieftain

Ok, I'll give it a try then. I'm still climbing the learning curve on this megamod. Thanks for the feedback.

10. Keyalha

Keyalha Warlord

I found a sort of bug in the latest SVN. It seems the dependency chains are a bit messed up, specificially it is possible that your stone gathering methods are obsolete before you are able to make clay bricks which in turn seem to be dependent on stone themselfs so you can not get concrete or stone roads.

I am not exactly sure since the dependencies are kinda complicated but I hope someone can take a look at that.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I don't think that is right as quarries are valid all the way to the Galactic era. It is possible that your gatherers can no longer build an improvement on the stone resource but if you upgrade them to one of the worker types they will be. The workers also build improvements faster than gatherers.

If this is not the case please post a picture showing the problem.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Awesome breakdown! Thanks! This should be easily resolved. Now it's just a matter of time.

13. Poloman9a

Poloman9a Chieftain

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a scenario and geting near constant CTD in the WorldBuilder. Am I doing something wrong or is this a new bug?

14. Keyalha

Keyalha Warlord

The problem is that a lot of stuff has dependecies set as only stone and stone gets overwritten by metals quite often so its very common in my games that at a later time you have no stone but dependencies ask for stone specificially where bricks would work as well or better.

I had to check back what happend and this is exactly what happend the four stone sources that did exist got overwritten by a slew of different metals over the course of the game or other resources that spawned on them and thus deleting them.

My suggestion would be to add a building in some spot where it fits that lets the player collect stone since once you have extensive mining operations for lead gold and such you should have enough stone as well.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That is a bug in the game I have not seen. Thanks for pointing it out and explaining how it occurs.

Mines and other improvements do spawn resources but they should not do so when there is already a resource there.

You should only build quarry type improvements on stone materials and let the early stone tools workshop upgrade to a quarry. For some , probably valid, reason it was decided to let mines spawn stone materials therefore they needed to provide them also.

This is not something I can fix as that mechanism is in the dll. TB will need to add it to his list.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It used to not be able to do this... Please at least ensure that resources aren't being exhausted by the option that allows this - that would then open up the ability for a mine or other improvement to replace it. If it is replacing what's there regardless, then yes, it's a bug. And something to add to my list.

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Then there is the solution - turn off the depletion option. It also explains why I have never seen it as I don't play with that option on.

This means that it may well be a feature not a bug IF indeed the stone is becoming depleted and is being replaced by metals.

19. Keyalha

Keyalha Warlord

I did not play with depleting resources. In my case metals overwrote the scace stone tiles with their respective stuff. Especially lead like half of all stone world wide got overwritten by lead.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

1) Should not be happening.

2) You should build quarries on stone resources not mines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.