1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

At some stage it was put back to Poultry Domestication! Which just seems wrong to me.

I have been thinking that the city trade value is wrong on a number of bonuses also. People trade for stuff they can't make all the time.

In the case of EGGS I think the reveal tech should be scavenging and the trade tech NONE or at worst BARTER.

I will put both at scavenging for now.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ultimately my problem with the function is not with any lack of rational for it but rather for the ultra annoying player experience of it. You've invested so much into the unit's achievement that it's a slap in the face to have the unit shoved into a state of hopelessness of ever reaching that achievement again. I know it seems like I'm a little hypocritical when I say this and yet remove ALL xp for quality upgrade promotion selections. But in that case, the unit is gaining a LOT and is differentiating itself in a significant manner from other contemporary units of the same type. The power boost is so strong its an appropriate counterbalance. And its optional. Upgrades really are not... they are necessary to stay competitive.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Strange, I have no problems getting my units back up to that level of exp. After all they have not lost any promotions they are just a bit slower getting the next one.

4. Shadowclaw

Shadowclaw Chieftain

What I must do if I have random crashes without any messages? Early Modern era, Large map, I have 20 cities, 5 AIs (most of them have 1 or 2 cities). 8 gb ram, internal Intel Video (can handle up to 4 GB memory), game save is 4,8 mb size, I use SVN version (not latest. I think 9202 or 9205 revision) with Space Colonization modmod. CTDs are random but always after pushing "end turn button"
    I think CTDs are somehow connected to Aircrafts. Game is often crashes, when I give to aircrafts order to "automate intercept".

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Try turning off animations in the main options. There appears to be something wrong with animations somewhere.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I find that by the time my units have finally re-achieved to get back up to where they were and are beginning to finally get to the point where they are just a few xp away from the next level its time to upgrade them again, and that's only if I've used them to the extent I did before the last upgrade. But we're usually talking about 120+xp.

7. Shadowclaw

Shadowclaw Chieftain

CTD next turn. Turning off animations has no effect. SVN version.

Attached Files:

8. WishIWasAModder

WishIWasAModder Chieftain

:( You've finally convinced me to switch to the SVN. *:) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)whinemoan*

I've hit the point where I've run into enough CTDs that I hope the latest version is more stable.

Thanks for the update, DH. Time to start again in 50000BC and see if I can steal some eggs :p

9. Shadowclaw

Shadowclaw Chieftain

As for my post above. I am 100% sure, that CTDs caused by Aircrafts. I've deleted all my Aircrafts and now I have no CTDs.

10. WishIWasAModder

DH, I switched to the SVN and got another game where poultry spawned in the first city radius. I'm sorry to say, you solved the second problem to arise, not the first. The first problem was that the Nest Thief building is ineligible to be built at all, because of its requirement that poultry be within the city vicinity. Since poultry does not get enabled until poultry dom, and that is the tech that obsoletes Nest Thief, I'm not sure how the building gets enabled at all. (If I could build it, your fix to eggs would have enabled me to get 'em and enable the Omega Child Crew.)

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have a cold and may not be thinking straight.

What needs to happen is that an early scavenging camp of some sort needs to be able to be built on the poultry resource to provide it which may just require the Poultry resource to be moved to Scavenging. We may be able to use the one for herds but it will need to be thought about when I can think straight.

12. WishIWasAModder

I built a scavenging camp on the resource and a path to it, but no luck on seeing Nest Thief show up as buildable. Don't work too hard on the fix while ill, or :faint: :)

13. Flinx

Flinx Prince

Code:
    <BonusInfo>
    		<Type>BONUS_POULTRY</Type>
    		<Description>TXT_KEY_BONUS_POULTRY</Description>
    		<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BONUS_POULTRY_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
    		<BonusClassType>BONUSCLASS_LIVESTOCK</BonusClassType>
    		<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BONUS_POULTRY</ArtDefineTag>
    		<TechReveal>TECH_SCAVENGING</TechReveal>
    		<TechCityTrade>TECH_POULTRY_DOMESTICATION</TechCityTrade>

The improvement is not the problem, the TechCityTrade is. It might fix the problem if TechCityTrade equals to TechReveal, means both should contain TECH_SCAVENGING.

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

The core problem is that <PrereqVicinityBonuses> for buildings also requires you to have the bonus listed in the city bonus list which then again requires <TechCityTrade> to be reached.

if PrereqVicinityBonuses only required the bonus to be in the fat cross of the city it would solve several building requirement issues. The PrereqVicinityBonuses could even be expanded to take an additional argument of what improvement is required on the specific bonus with IMP_NONE being a valid input that would mean any or no improvement required.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

In my view it is the fact that city trade is the same as discover or latter that is the problem. You don't need to know how to make something to be able to use it. In the case of Poultry and other foods as well as all the Wares I think the trade tech should be NONE, not so for the ores and probably not for the ingots

16. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

True. :)

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Wouldn't both of these things be in effect the same?

18. tmv

tmv Emperor

You could import the wares, whereas importing the ores or the ingots doesn't help you if you cannot build forges. But what about aluminum / steel, which you usually get only much later? I don't think those wares should be enabled early.

19. mrostriches

mrostriches Chieftain

Hello,

I get an error that breaks a savegame. While ingame after a turn automatic cycling between units will cease. If i save the game and load it, i get c++ runtime error. If i load a save without this issue then load a save with this issue, i get a memory allocation failure (Reason: bad allocation).
    This forces me to save every turn so that i can load a game when this happens. I have plenty of RAM (12gb), and i've played C2C on an older system with lower ram (8gb) and i've never had this issue.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You may wish to update to the most recent SVN version that doesn't break save compatibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.