1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrostriches

mrostriches Chieftain

Alright, thank you.

2. mrostriches

mrostriches Chieftain

Nope. Still getting the same issue.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

1st more details, always give details.

When and what svn version was this game started under.

You 1st stated it was v36. The v36 official release from last year?

If you updated Thru the SVN to the current SVN you will still have a problem because your game was started Before the Period where we had to Break Save Game Compatibility. There is an intermediate Ptch that was put out to update v36 Official release users to a Point Before the BSGC period. It is found in the Crime V36 Patch thread. Use it if you started this game with the V36 Official release.

Other wise this game is screwed and can not be fixed.

Also when you post a Bug or Crash Please try to post a zip, rar, or 7z of the Save game right before the problem appears. Especially so if it is repeatable.

Aslo in the Main BtS directory if this is CTD'ing there should be a MiniDump.dmp file generated. Please zip, rar, 7z this also and upload with compressed save game.

From what little detail you have supplied I would venture this game is not fixable.

JosEPh:(

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the 'its fubared' conclusion myself. You've got MAFs going off and god knows why and the problem is that we can't evaluate the game now because our own assets are past the point of save compatibility with your game.

5. mrostriches

mrostriches Chieftain

Thanks for the link joseph, I'll try that patch with a v36 backup. If this continues no biggie I'll just restart. Thank you for your time.

6. Glorious Leader

Glorious Leader Chieftain

I have downloaded the mod today and I am having trouble loading it. Whenever I go to "Load a Mod" and select "Caveman2Cosmos" the game goes to the desktop (just like when loading any other mod) then, awhile later it gives me a "Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword has stopped working" Message. I am on windows 7 and am using the Complete edition. I put the mod in "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos" where all the other BTS mods are located. I have tried running as an administrator but that doesn't help either. This is as far as I am able to get.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am not sure that the Complete version is patched to 3.19 or not. The in game update does not work.

I suggest you download the 3.19 patch from here and run it. If you can run other modern mods from these forums then you most likely have this patch and it is some other problem.

8. Glorious Leader

Glorious Leader Chieftain

Thanks.

9. majaczek

majaczek Warlord

doesn't work... or just the pedia? it shows me only citizen :(

(it's about tags in civ4traitsinfo)

EDIT: Sorry it's SVN

10. JoIsChuck

JoIsChuck Chieftain

So I was playing the mod completely fine but all of a sudden within the last few times I've played it it randomly crashes to the desktop for no reason that I can tell at all.

Any help with this? Thanks.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What version are you playing?

12. JoIsChuck

JoIsChuck Chieftain

The newest that's on ModDB.... V36.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

All I can tell you to do then is update to the most recent version you can without breaking saves. Joseph knows which revision that is on the SVN.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14125363&postcount=44

Download this version and use it to Replace the v36 that you have. This is a Full version so all you have to do is D/L it, then delete or move v36 Official from where you have it now (folder location) and Replace with the D/L version.

JosEPh

15. JoIsChuck

JoIsChuck Chieftain

Ok I'll try this, hopefully it works. Thanks!

16. manderlen

manderlen Chieftain

Hi, first of all thank you for this incredible mod. It has really changed the whole game and made it way better. I just wish I would´ve found about it sooner.
    Anyway I started my first game in thew 32 civs world map and it keeps crashing to the desktop after the year 10000 BC (I don´t know if it has anything to do with it or is just coincidence). I did manage to go through that turn the first time it crashed, and crashed in the following turn, but now I just can´t seem to get through.

Here are the links.

MINIDUMP
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3a2020sFF6lWWlHMS1QemdScXM

SAVED GAME
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3a2020sFF6lZ1VQbXJFU1BXT1k

I really hope you can help me.
    Again, thank you

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

You are playing stock v36 correct (v36 Official release)? On a GEM 32 Civ map, right?
    What Set up Options did you select, Custom Game or Play Now game? Did you turn Revolutions On or Off? Did you select any of the Barb Civ or Barb World Options?

What are your computer specs.

Suggestion: Download from the Crime patch thread the version found in Post # 44. Use that version to replace the V36 Official version. Remove the V36 Official from your BtS\Mod folder (delete it) and then install the newer version from the Crime Patch thread into your BtS\Mod folder. Once you have done that see if you can proceed with your game. Lots of fixes done between the v36 Official and the SVN 9102 version in the Crime Patch thread. It might save your game. But even if it doesn't, I would still tell you to Update to this version.

EDIT:Link to newer version: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14125363&postcount=44

EDIT2: I just remembered that the GEM map with 32 Civs (found with the v36 Official) is no longer supported now too. You may have to start a new Custom game any way.

JosEPh

18. OliverWKTwist

OliverWKTwist Chieftain

I just purchased Civ IV BTS on Steam the other day and this was the first mod I wanted to try. I downloaded the mod, unzipped the file into the BTS mods folder, and loaded up the game, but the C2C mod does not appear when I attempt to load a mod. I'm not sure if this is the right place, or if this problem has already been covered. But if someone could get back to me quickly that would be nice. I have not had good experience with technical support for mods in the past, so I tend to avoid forum until all other options fail me.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. The folder location is as follows, This PC/ Windows8_OS (C:)/ Program Files (x86)/ Steam/ steamapps/ common/ Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/ Mods/ Caveman2Cosmos

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You need to manually apply the patch found here.

20. OliverWKTwist

OliverWKTwist Chieftain

I checked, and I am running patch 3.19 already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.