1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Strongly suggest you update to this patched version found in this post. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14125363&postcount=44

It is a complete version of C2C so Do Not overwrite your v36 with this patched v36. Delete the old copy paste in the new.

Then start your game. When it asks to do a Re-Calc click yes and wait for it to update your data base. Once done then see if you can proceed with your turn that CTDs.

JosEPh

2. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

(Copied from another(wrong) thread)
    Sooooo I hit a little snag with my current game. During the "end of turn process" the game screen freeze(I guess this is normal during end turn), musical stops, but the cursor keeps "running"(the little man) which indicates the game has not crashed and still the turn will not end. I clicked my mouse once on screen and music resumed, which indicated to me that some way the game process was put "on the back ground". So then I alt+tab to windows and there is a civ4 message box with this error "Unit with no group found in stack on call to CvPlayer::updateGroupCycle". So when I click 'OK' in the message box and jump back to Civ4 the "end turn process" ends next turn begins, but when I end that turn the game always crashes to the desktop. No warnings, no error message, no nothing. I am waiting anxiously for a reply =)

P.S Found the cause and a solution. Bare with me on this =)
    First I have 15(Max#) Mammoth Rider units which I use as my main attack force. When I was building Mammoth Riders something weird happened. When my capital produced Mammoth Rider #11 it was place outside my capital, while all other 10 were still in the city, and I could not move the unit to the city plot. The same thing happened with #12 and at that point I just moved the 10 already existing ones in my city to the same plot where #11&12 were, and the rest were placed in my city(as they normally are) when they were finished. I did notice that my capitals population at time was 11, perhaps something to do with this? Anyway few turns later I conquered city of London and I stationed all of my troops, the 15 Mammoth Riders + 10 Archers and 4 Medicine men, into London without any problems. Then few turns later I hit the problem which is descriped at the top. What I think happened is that, when the 6-7 turn revolution ended in London due to me conquering the city, the city could not "accomodate" the 15 Mammoth Riders and was also unable move the units of the city plot and that cause the error message descriped above. I guess the "accomodation" check was not made until revolution ended. Well the solution was simple....I just moved the units to a "normal" plot. I think this bug has something to do with the "size matters" feature, I could be wrong. Not that I have enabled it in my current game.

Hurray I can continue my game!!!!!!! =D

P.P.S Sorry for typos....

P.P.P.S I have the v36 with the latest patches.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Do you have a limit on the number of units allowed on a plot? It is known to cause these issues. Set the maximum stack size to zero for a few turns and then set it back to whatever it is now.

No work has been done to the AI to handle these limits and occasionally a unit will get built in a city where it can't stay and all the possible plots the unit could move to are also full. The loop for checking if the unit can move into a plot just keeps checking each plot over and over, hence the infinite loop.

4. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

There should not be any limit at least I haven't set one. Have to check bugmod. Thanks for reminding me =)

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If your Mammoth Riders at Unit # 11 was placed outside your city then Yes you do have the Stack Limit in BUG set to a low number.

The setting of -1 is Unlimited. Any setting from 1-10 will cause serious problems for big games (lots of AI/cities/units). A setting of 40 will let you play with a Large map with 12 AI for sometime IF you don not have a set of War mongering Leaders in your game. Above 50 I have have not ran into any real problems, but then I don't play with more than 20 AI in a game any way and never with Rev or Barb Civ Options On. As they both will generate more Civs in the game.

JosEPh

6. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

There was indeed a limit of 25 set in the bug options. I set it to 0, there was no -1 option.
    Also there is another matter. The "Lost Sailors/Reef" random events seems to trigger WAYYYYY too often. I had it occur 3 times inside 10 turns.....and since the only unit that is on the "affect units list" is the galley unit it always kills one of my precious galleys, even thou an outtrigger unit, which is exploring the coastal areas, triggered the event. And also the reef is placed at the galley location, even thou the event was triggered in a totally different cell/plot. For now I have manually disabled both the reef and storm events from XML file.

EDIT1: Well I thought I had disable the The "Lost Sailors/Reef" random event from ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml, by changing the events "EVENTTRIGGER_COASTAL_REEF_1","EVENTTRIGGER_SEA_STORM_1" and "EVENTTRIGGER_COASTAL_REEF_STUCK_1" from <iPercentGamesActive>100</iPercentGamesActive> to <iPercentGamesActive>0</iPercentGamesActive>. But it seems this isn't enough. I even deleted the unit list which the event can affect. I am obviously missing something? Can somebody instruct me how disable those events.

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Did you make this change before or after you started the game; if you did it after starting the game that game will still contain the event as
    <iPercentGamesActive>X</iPercentGamesActive> is only considered when the game is being created for the first time to build a list of events that the game will contain.

It would be better if you just deleted the whole eventtrigger from the xml.

8. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

So there is noway to disable this event after I have started my game?

9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Sure there is, a couple of ways probably.

Removing the eventtrigger in question from the XML should work.
    Delete those lines that defines when the event should trigger.

10. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer and Beast Trainer & Solar System!

Can the game be played with Civ 4 Steam? If so where do you put the Caveman2Cosmos mod file?

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Steam\steamapps\common\Civ4\Beyond the sword\mods\Caveman2Cosmos
    Or in: "userfolder\my documents\my games\civ4\mods"... or some such.

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Where does Steam put all the Mods that comes with BtS like Fall from Heaven or Final Frontier, for example? That is where it should go.

JosEPh

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Steam often puts an extra redundant and error causing folder called caveman2cosmos outside of the caveman2cosmos mod folder requiring that one of those caveman2cosmos folders gets removed so that it goes Mods->Caveman2Cosmos->Assets, not Mods->Caveman2Cosmos->Caveman2Cosmos->Assets.

14. Osk21

Thank all three of you so much for your help. I was able to get at new game tho I was unable to continue an old game. I am now playing Caveman2Cosmos with a gigantic map. I've got an SSD so I've got a chance at finishing.

15. Osk21

I always play using Mastery and my games last forever.

16. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

And that would be why. With the Mastery victory, the AI doesn't know how to win the game.

17. blort

blort Chieftain

nevermind I hadnt patched to 319

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

19. mabusis

mabusis Chieftain

Hi guys, i still have a problem with the missing User Interface.

I have the Steam version and Win7 (german). I always start the game as admin.

Mod directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

I tried to fix it with the cvAltRoot file, but i'm not sure if its right. I copied the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python

Spoiler :
    ## CvAltRoot
    ##
    ## Tells Rise of Mankind where to locate its files when it cannot find them normally.
    ## This is common when using the /AltRoot Civ4 feature or sometimes on
    ## non-English operating systems and Windows Vista.
    ##
    ## HOW TO USE
    ##
    ## 1. Change the text in the quotes below to match the full path to the
    ## "Beyond the Sword" folder that contains the CivilizationIV.ini file.
    ## Make sure to use forward slashes (/), even for Windows paths.
    ##
    ## Windows XP: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword"
    ##
    ## Windows Vista: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword"
    ##
    ## MacOS: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword"
    ##
    ##
    ## 2. Copy this file to the "Python" folder.
    ## When Rise of Mankind is installed as a mod, the folder is "Assets/Python".
    ##
    ##
    ## Note!
    ##
    ## if above method doesn't help, locate the "Beyond the Sword" installation folder.
    ## This location is not in the documents folders, instead it's usually in
    ## "Program Files" ie. "C:/Program Files/Firaxis/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword"
    ## The folder usually contains "_Civ4config" shortcut (on Windows systems). Once you have
    ## located this folder, follow the step 2 again. Usually when [username] in above examples
    ## contains non-english letters you will have to use the installation folder location.
    ##
    ##
    ## Copyright (c) 2008 The BUG Mod.
    ##
    ## Author: EmperorFool
    ##
    ## Modified for Rise of Mankind: Zappara
    ##

rootDir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword"

" align="" border="0" />

Many thanks in advance!

20. tmv

tmv Chieftain

I think you missed a "Beyond the Sword" subfolder in "rootDir".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.