Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll test it out soon but I've solved 3 or 4 infinite loops on the SVN already at this point from v36 stock. Quite probable it's resolved at this time. But again, I'll check it when I find the time soon.

This isn't quite v36 stock. It's v36 + Joe's patch.
If it has been fixed, I'll be patient and wait for the next 'patch'.

@T-brd, the MegaPatch came from SVN 8963. So if you have fixed "3 or 4 Infinite loops" after SVN 8963 (and iirc you probably have) then I'll need to use a very recent SVN for the next Patch. I suppose I should wait till you are finished with adding your new Crime units.

@Taxman,
I'll see if I can get your save past the CTD so that you can continue it (hopefully).

JosEPh

I did not use the Re-Calc function just hit EoT red button. Matriarchy researched and I had to put 2 cities on Idle to get to a save point. The SVN version I'm using is 8985.

By not doing a Re-calc I didnot change your base values to the current SVn values of 8985. Hopefully this will keep you going for a few more turns.

JosEPh:)

@T-brd, the MegaPatch came from SVN 8963. So if you have fixed "3 or 4 Infinite loops" after SVN 8963 (and iirc you probably have) then I'll need to use a very recent SVN for the next Patch. I suppose I should wait till you are finished with adding your new Crime units.
Probably a good idea. The canines in particular need to be included to keep things in check at least. But once I get there that's pretty much the sum of those adjustments.

I did not use the Re-Calc function just hit EoT red button. Matriarchy researched and I had to put 2 cities on Idle to get to a save point. The SVN version I'm using is 8985.

By not doing a Re-calc I didnot change your base values to the current SVn values of 8985. Hopefully this will keep you going for a few more turns.

JosEPh:)
Hopefully it will work. It depends on if some other factors have changed that won't allow backwards compatibility or not but I don't recall if there would be. Glad to know that it does run through though and that the problem has already been resolved.

Hopefully it will work. It depends on if some other factors have changed that won't allow backwards compatibility or not but I don't recall if there would be. Glad to know that it does run through though and that the problem has already been resolved.

It asked me to recalc, and I said no*
Then it gave me 2 error/warning pop-ups back to back that were identical and said something to the effect of all Stalkers would be removed from the game.

I then played a couple of turns, the only significant thing of note was that the crime adjustment rate in all my cities took rather major jumps (+10 to +30 or so per turn).

* Probably should've said yes, I can go back and do it from a reload.. or if I find my notes on how again since I didn't find it in the list of short cuts in the pedia.

Anyway thank you very much. Glad to know the underlying error was already resolved.

@Taxman,

Iirc Re-Calc is Ctrl/Shift/T. And of course you are Welcome. :)

JosEPh

It asked me to recalc, and I said no*
Then it gave me 2 error/warning pop-ups back to back that were identical and said something to the effect of all Stalkers would be removed from the game.

I then played a couple of turns, the only significant thing of note was that the crime adjustment rate in all my cities took rather major jumps (+10 to +30 or so per turn).

* Probably should've said yes, I can go back and do it from a reload.. or if I find my notes on how again since I didn't find it in the list of short cuts in the pedia.

Anyway thank you very much. Glad to know the underlying error was already resolved.

So it acts as if the stalkers had been removed since they aren't on your assets but they were on Joe's.

The crime rates shouldn't be affected by units since you're back on the original assets... not sure what would've happened there.

The crime rates are not too big a deal. I can try the recalc at the beginning and see if they change. More importantly I only got about 4 turns in before hitting another infinite loop. I'll try the recalc from the immediate return of Joe's save and see if I get farther. Otherwise, I'll just patiently wait for the next patch.

Thanks again.

I'm curious what the error messages are saying of course but it sounds like either you have the wrong v3.19 patch installed or a corrupt download of C2C. You will need to run as admin so don't 'give up' on that approach as it will need to always be used. But something is amiss here that doesn't sound like the usual problems I've seen players have so far.

I'm curious what the error messages are saying of course but it sounds like either you have the wrong v3.19 patch installed or a corrupt download of C2C. You will need to run as admin so don't 'give up' on that approach as it will need to always be used. But something is amiss here that doesn't sound like the usual problems I've seen players have so far.

It's neither wrong 3.19 or corrupt C2C d/l.

Being that his game was updated to SVN 8963 thru the MegaPatch and I then played it on SVN 8985 there would be error msgs because you added many of your new units in the interim between those versions.

Since Taxman did Not do a Re-calc when it asked for it the base problem was not corrected on his side. It ran fine on my side because SVN 8985 contained the necessary "fix".

If after Taxman does the re-calc and it still crashes, then he will need a copy of the latest SVN to get past his problem. But I'm hoping his actually doing the Re-Calc fixes it.

JosEPh

Strange... I wasn't replying to this thread I didn't think. So how the post ended up here is a mystery.

I only thought :old: did that kind of thing! :lol:

JosEPh;)

Naw... in a rush in a morning haze can do that too. ;)

EDIT: Looks like I was looking at some older posts in the thread thinking a problem had gone unresolved when it had been already. Sheesh.

If after Taxman does the re-calc and it still crashes, then he will need a copy of the latest SVN to get past his problem. But I'm hoping his actually doing the Re-Calc fixes it.

JosEPh

Never got a 'crash', just never ending running man. Recalc doesn't change anything. I was able to advance about 3-4 turns and it shows up again.

Guess I'll just wait for the next patch. Thanks again for doing those Joe.

Once we get a pretty stable build from the SVN I will release a new patch. I think most of T-brd's stuff is in, but DH is touching up some areas.

So I should be able to make a new patch maybe tomorrow. But be warned this latest one will change your game a lot. More Techs have been added to compliment the New Criminal and Enforcement Units.

JosEPh

I do still have Felines and Healer units to go to complete the unit review. Getting there. Felines should be done very soon but the healer ones may take a little longer since there's more units to review and a few new ones to add there. I know healer units went through a recent review so most of them aren't adjusted much... this is with a particular concern regarding progression in mind this time.

As long as there isn't a CTD or EoT hang I'll probably do a new patch soon.

@T-Brd,
Sidenote. 1st Enforcement Unit's cost per turn at 2 :gold: is too high. Should be more in line with Wisewoman cost ( 1:gold: ), imho.

JosEPh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom