Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not programmed that way (I didn't change it.) It purely enforces that you cannot move from one tile adjacent to a ZoC source to another tile adjacent to the same ZoC source. That is... if I'm recalling correctly anyhow.

Not the way it was originally. The whole point was that you could stop invasions with a line of forts 2 plots apart. They would have to attack a fort and not bypass the line. If it is no longer the case then we should let people build forts right next to each other again.

I dunno... I'm hands off that portion of the code given the enormous turn time delays adjusting it last time caused. Caching, required to ensure it doesn't eat up minutes between turns, could still be causing some unexpected errors in how it performs in play.

EDIT: Actually reviewing the code shows you're right. The only way it shouldn't have worked unless caching had something to do with it, is if one of the forts wasn't manned by a defender.

@ Sparth

The Game Hunter, Korean in this case, his right arm is going backwards, and in the front pic - the hand of one of them is missing??

looks like a kfm error??

This is Korean Adventurer, not GH. I cannot recreate this bug. On my tests this unit was animated correct.

Some how the Manufacture Bonus XML on the SVN has reverted to a much earlier version. It does not even have stuff that was released with v36 on it:eek:

It is missing Thunderbrd's Heavy Water to Gravity Generators and my Geoglyph Plans.

I'll put them back on

Some how the Manufacture Bonus XML on the SVN has reverted to a much earlier version. It does not even have stuff that was released with v36 on it:eek:

It is missing Thunderbrd's Heavy Water to Gravity Generators and my Geoglyph Plans.

I'll put them back on

It's all there, just ordered alphabetically like the rest of the resources already were.

Then why was I getting errors saying they were not there? Especially for mine which I added a week or two ago and is not on that file?

Edit no none were on the SVN version.

So why is there now two versions of all those manufactures in the xml...? Answer that.

There must have been something wrong with my version of the SNV then because I searched through that file on my SVN copy after I got those errors and it was not there:mad:. I'll remove them again and do a completely new extract of the SVN.

This time I'll try and not loose all the work I have done on the main interface python code.

Just got this python error when trying to get more than 1 Warlord Corporal . .

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1376, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1443, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5335, in updateInfoPaneStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

adding savedgame incase you want to try, just go to the Capital and try to get the Warlord Corporal in the queue . .

EDIT: Just found out it ONLY happens when you use the "Shift" btn to put it to the lower queue

I dunno... I'm hands off that portion of the code given the enormous turn time delays adjusting it last time caused. Caching, required to ensure it doesn't eat up minutes between turns, could still be causing some unexpected errors in how it performs in play.

EDIT: Actually reviewing the code shows you're right. The only way it shouldn't have worked unless caching had something to do with it, is if one of the forts wasn't manned by a defender.

Forts were correctly manned, with bowmen. Short of fixing this, is there a way to change the minimum distance between forts?

Damn guys, good mod but is the AI an idiot or an mega idiot now? Or who changed the AI? The AI is falling back even more so i give to the AI civs the tech tribalismus and one tribe unit to support them, they have 20000 gold but they move the tribe unit into there starting city and let it stay arround there and dont use it and dont build citys with it, i hoped they can expand if they researched tribalismus and research faster with more citys and can generate more gold with more citys and dont fall back so mutch, the only one is ethiopia civ they build one city after 20 turns after i give them a tribe and tribalismus all others move the tribe unit back to there start city and dont build a new city and let it stay there so WHY IS THAT SO? Any idear?

Forts were correctly manned, with bowmen. Short of fixing this, is there a way to change the minimum distance between forts?

Reading the code it didn't look like it should be possible but there's caching issues there so that might've had something to do with it.

Point is I can't really fix this. However, I think it's possible to change the min through xml somehow.

This new invisibiliy feature starts to get ridiculous.
I have a tracker paired with a Great General.
My GG is destroyed by a Pheasant while my tracker remains on the plot.

I'd like to see either that my tracker is attacked and then destroyed (together with the GG of course) or that the animal unit isn't allowed to enter the plot as long as there's a regular unit present.

Nvm, i found a temporary solution: disabled C2C-Hide ans Seek option.
Works now like a charm.
Or as before. ;)

This new invisibiliy feature starts to get ridiculous.
I have a tracker paired with a Great General.
My GG is destroyed by a Pheasant while my tracker remains on the plot.

I'd like to see either that my tracker is attacked and then destroyed (together with the GG of course) or that the animal unit isn't allowed to enter the plot as long as there's a regular unit present.

This would be general discussion regarding the option and would've been better posted there.

Hunters were given some degree of invisibility (what hunter doesn't try to blend in to his environment to avoid detection?). It's always been that when a unit cannot be seen it makes a terrible defender as it won't defend the plot against that which cannot see it.

However, we've discussed in that thread the option of having status promos that can be selected at any time, for free, that would give you the capacity to toggle whether the unit is trying to hide and be invisible or not. This irritation is a good argument for that (as if I wasn't already convinced.)

I'll take care of this very quickly here but in the meantime if you're using the option, you should not be trying to protect units with invisible units. This is why scouts were NOT given camouflage - so they could be the decoy defenders they're intended to be.

Just got this python error when trying to get more than 1 Warlord Corporal . .

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1376, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1443, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5335, in updateInfoPaneStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

adding savedgame incase you want to try, just go to the Capital and try to get the Warlord Corporal in the queue . .

EDIT: Just found out it ONLY happens when you use the "Shift" btn to put it to the lower queue

Somebody changed some python someplace and BROKE the "SHIFT" key, pls fix this thx . . .

No one has changed the Python. I am currently working on it.

I have not had any problem with adding stuff to the end of the build list with national units. I even have added "make many" at the end. I have down loaded the save to look at but since I have a different version of that module I may not be able to do anything anyway.

edit I was not able to replicate the error using your save and following instructions:(. I got a new Warlord Corporal at the end of the queue and could not add any more because the limit was reached, ie all as should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom