1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v37 download - After the 24th of December 2016

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Loffas

Loffas Chieftain

Hello.
    Not sure this is a bug really, but i havent seen this in pre v.37 so i thought i report it.

Bug: Im playing official realese off v.37 and i get 20 percent inflation when the top inflation should be 15 percent.

I have metals (15%) and nothing more. I´ve checked the detailed list of where the inflation originate. And everything is on 0 except metals. So 15 ought to be top.
    An other detail that is different is that the infalation goes up pretty fast. Not sure why that is either. Before the max number was just that. And the inflation perhaps only was a few percent. So its deffinitly different then other verions of C2C.

Things that might matter: I play on Diety. I had used perhaps 30 or so slaves. I, by missclick ( :) ), hurryied a production with 1 pop.
    When loading savefile, asked about recalculating. That shouldnt be necessary(I thought) so i clicked no.

BR Loffas

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@Loffas: Not sure how your post got moved here but Joe's answer was the official one. To add to it, Inflation values were adjusted since v36.

3. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

Ok a couple of Minor Bugs to report ((Moved to the Correct Thread with Requested info)). I am playing Version 37 and Dynamic Names are not working ((no idea if they have been disabled now by default)) as well as on my interface Nations Religions are not showing up on the scoreboard. I am Using Sparth's Civ pack and think this may be the cause of it but I enjoy this Mega pack because it adds back all the removed Civs we used to have and the slow down for me is not a big issue as I have a good computer. So far no crashes or anything just these minor issues and gameplay seems to be going rather smoothly except for time passes way to fast on any option besides Eternity. If Sparth's is the issue will a patch ever be made for it or an Official Mod Mod or option to have these Civs back? Just a question.

Below I Will attach the files that Joe Requested.

Thanks for your time and all the hard work on this wonderful Mod.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  4. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

I noticed that at least town watchman's exp in building screen dont shown (maybe other law enforcements show it, not sure noticed this only now)

Attached Files:

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Dynamic naming may now be routing entirely through a system AIAndy developed but never finished. If that's the case then I can't really say how we'd be able to get it back on track. Not without a lot of investigation and repair and it's not a high priority mod detail imo.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I've been meaning to do an audit on XP display but this seems outside even that. Are you sure that the bug option for the exp display is even on right now?

7. BigThinker

BigThinker Chieftain

I am playing on a Huge Terra map with 10 AI opponents, with three separate teams. Just about every time I load a save, the game says that variables have changed since I saved - which should be impossible, as I downloaded the v37 version and did a clean install to the BtS/Mods folder. Any thoughts?

8. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

at least with watchman didn't saw anything else for now, also not a bi bug or smth also but a bit funny: game suggest me to build TENGRI SHAMAN to spread MESOPOTAMISM :lol: (do i need upload save of current game? with that exp bug)

Attached Files:

9. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

Heh, Yoruba's first building? and missionary (from sevo or civilopedia? idk) constructable without Yoruba being state religion (wtf? change civilopedia then) if that changes anything i have state church civic.

Attached Files:

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We get false suggestions for this. It's a known bug. Just don't accept the recalc unless you know you've changed something.

Sounds like an asset issue. Perhaps clearing the original civ BtS cache could help?

11. Loffas

Loffas Chieftain

Allright, that answers that :)
    And yeah, I moved the post myself. Thoght that it was in the wrong place :p

12. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

Nah clearing cash dont help

13. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

Is there any nature wonder building associated with aurora? (have it near my city, but cant find wonder of nature to build in city screen)

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Did you have an old version of the game before v37 and try to install v37 over the top of an older Caveman2Cosmos by chance?

15. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

had v 36 but deleted it from C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods completely, after that installed v 37

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

17. dmeyster

dmeyster Chieftain

i will try to re-download and re-install mod and civ 4 bts

18. AstralVoid

AstralVoid Chieftain

Love the mod, been playing it on and off through the years, as it's one of those things that you have to be in a particular mood for.

However, with the latest version from ModDB, I'm getting an odd error. It seems like that missing unit model bug mentioned in the main post, but I've tried everything I can think of throwing at it to no effect. I attempted to look at the missing model resolution linked, but it had pictures, presumably of a registry fix, that no longer led to anything. The UI shows up just fine, it's just that unit models are invisible.

C2C is installed in G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos. BTS's Steam install doesn't seem to detect mods in the "..\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\" folder.

I have attempted reinstalling Beyond the Sword and all the other Civ4 modules, redownloading and reinstalling the file from ModDB, and had multiple restarts. This occurs when launching it directly from the .bat file included, via launching it from Steam->BTS->Advanced->Load a Mod, and from a shortcut I created a while back that effectively does the same thing.

This is in single player, and occurs when starting new games or loading a saved game, on Windows 7, with BTS running as an administrator, not on the Complete pack.

I've also tried launching it from the My Documents\my games\beyond the sword\ as well with the same result, and it seems that all unit graphics are affected when I went into World Builder.

Any idea what might be causing this, or what I might be able to do to fix it? The oddest part is that nothing had changed from the previous install (v34 or 35 I think) and I loaded that originally before remembering the correct mod path, without the aforementioned issue.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

20. AstralVoid

AstralVoid Chieftain

Everything's on High (Graphics Level, Render Quality Level, Globe Quality, Movie Quality), with 2x AA, Full-screen Mode and High Detail Terrain checked.