Single Player bugs and crashes v37 download - After the 24th of December 2016

I am using the current patched versio of v37, and in my current game, which still in prehistoric era and I'm "in" about 240-260 turns, barbarians faction is "spawning" medieval era units. So far I have seen Heavy Swordman, and Explorer.

We've had users of Pit's Map report this before. Generally it's a cache problem.

When you Updated to the v37 Patch did you clear the cache before you started to play a new game?

It probably has to do with starting the game with dating programmed one way then later updating and having the dating go skewed. The dates control the spawns, not techs. Something I do mean to fix this version.

What Version of Caveman2Cosmos are you using Please?

I am using the most current edition, I even went to ModDB to make sure I had the latest edition.

I am using the most current edition, I even went to ModDB to make sure I had the latest edition.
So you are playing v37Official release? That was the last version uploaded to ModDB.

Here is the location/post to the link that will get you the very latest version of Caveman2Cosmos. I just put it up the other day. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/update-patches-for-v37.613571/#post-14713414 .

If you D/L and use it, then I strongly suggest you start a New game. We have changed the mod very much since the v37 release. Also it is advised that you clear the cache folder. For win 10 the path is: C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache. If you do this then you can play a custom game straight way. Otherwise if you don't you will need to play a turn of a Play Now game. Save at end of 1st turn and Then you can play a New custom game. A Play Now game is supposed to clear the cache folder too.

Thank you JosEPh_ll. By the way great mod.

While I am uncertain if the following city graphic is serving as a placeholder for the new AI Neanderthal Civilization option (for having them out and about in tribes in prehistory), I figured its apparent out-of-place-ness warranted a mention.

Spoiler Image 1 :

As can be seen, the graphic for the city is that of modern one, despite it being 4381 BC, or 1090 turns into an eternity game. Furthermore, the city does have the units one would expect inside of it, so it appears just to be a graphical issue.

----------

Furthermore, when one attempts to arrest a criminal within a city, the message that is displayed is rather confusing, as is shown follows.

Spoiler Image 2 :

As again can be seen, it appears the message the criminal in the city as being your unit (I am Lincoln) in the message. Moreover, it appears that someone put two thoughts together in writing it, so minor typo in the latter half of the sentence.

Thank you Thunderbrd! Technically my second account, as I think my old one which I had not used for a very long time was connected to an email that I no longer have any clue of.
Also, one more thing, since for some reason the website was not allowing me to edit my post:

I don't have a picture of this, but there was an instance where I had, specifically, an enforcer in a city that was filled with around 14 other enforcers, an obsidian spearman, an obsidian axeman, an atalist (atlist?), and one barbarian rogue that I could see. Upon attempting to arrest the rogue, which was displayed properly in the 'pick who to arrest' menu that pops up when one instigates it, the enforcer initiated combat with the atalist, not the rogue as expected, and subsequently lost. I attempted the same thing again with the same result, so I moved the atalist out of the city and was then allowed to arrest the rogue as normal. Upon moving the atalist back in, things seemed to have been normalized that I can remember.

I don't have a picture of this, but there was an instance where I had, specifically, an enforcer in a city that was filled with around 14 other enforcers, an obsidian spearman, an obsidian axeman, an atalist (atlist?), and one barbarian rogue that I could see. Upon attempting to arrest the rogue, which was displayed properly in the 'pick who to arrest' menu that pops up when one instigates it, the enforcer initiated combat with the atalist, not the rogue as expected, and subsequently lost. I attempted the same thing again with the same result, so I moved the atalist out of the city and was then allowed to arrest the rogue as normal. Upon moving the atalist back in, things seemed to have been normalized that I can remember.
That is definitely a strange bug. I've not seen that happen at all but I can say I believe most of the ones you previously reported have been resolved since v37.

That is definitely a strange bug. I've not seen that happen at all but I can say I believe most of the ones you previously reported have been resolved since v37.

It was very strange, and I wish I had had the presence of mind to take pictures of the occurrence but I did not. If it happens again, I'll try to catch some more compelling evidence.

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvArtFileMgr.cpp
Line:  109
SVN-Rev:  9396
Expression:  false
Message:  ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_SELAHADINE_EYUBI' was not found

I attached a game save where you only need to end the turn to get the bug.

The error mentioned something about the SVN which I haven't installed, so I hope installing it might resolve the issue. I will do so now.
I have also encountered a similar error with Jeane D'arc, but I just canceled her production. I'm not the one producing Saladin, however, so this is a fatal error.

Edit: I have tried to play the save while using the newest SVN files. The issue persists.

Attachments

• Adar AD-1820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.5 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Strangely enough the problem may be a translation problem. The Great People should not have their names translated because the code for displaying the birth of the great person uses the name to create the name of the art definition and file to be looked for.

IE we probably have a art define called ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_JOAN_OF_ ARC but not one called ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_JEANE_DE_ ARC.

ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_JEANE_D'ARC will cause a totally different error.

Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvArtFileMgr.cpp
Line:  109
SVN-Rev:  9396
Expression:  false
Message:  ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_SELAHADINE_EYUBI' was not found

I attached a game save where you only need to end the turn to get the bug.

The error mentioned something about the SVN which I haven't installed, so I hope installing it might resolve the issue. I will do so now.
I have also encountered a similar error with Jeane D'arc, but I just canceled her production. I'm not the one producing Saladin, however, so this is a fatal error.

Edit: I have tried to play the save while using the newest SVN files. The issue persists.

If you updated to newest SVN from v37 correctly, then there is one more step that needs to be done. You need to clear the cache folder.

For win 10 it should be loctaed here: C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

Also for Using the SVN for the 1st time to replace v37 Official release, Please do Not overwrite the V37 files with the New SVN version. Remove the old v37 files in the Caveman2Cosmos folder completely then add the New SVN files.

Confirmed. I updated your save to the latest SVN after I was asked to do a Re-Calc when game started.

We have a German Modder who does translations for us. Will need to check to see if
ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_SELAHADINE_EYUBI' was not found
was part of his last batch of translations.

One question about your game. It's turn 393 of 1064 a Normal Game Speed. The question is how did you get to Industrial Era this fast? I noticed you were in a Golden Age that still had 9 turns left. The default for Normal is 8 turns so this is a multiple GA period?

Sidenote: you really have to watch your Air & Water Pollution levels. You already, in several cities, have started Global Warming and Blackened Skies. Very Bad events from pollution out of control. And in many cities your Disease is also extremely high triggering More bad things. One positive note is that you have Crime relatively under control for now. But you keep building those +Crime bldgs for that :gold: and you will go into a death spiral with all 4 of these properties combined not properly under control. You really can not build every factory in every city. And Coal power has to be a short term usage item till you get better.

Perhaps Deity level is too strong a level for you right now for Caveman2Cosmos.

Thanks for the reply JosEPh_II, but I couldn't find said folder. I use windows 7 Ultimate, and the relevant folder (as far as I managed to figure out) should have been at 'My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword'. There is no cache folder there.
As for the game itself: You didn't notice almost all the cities are on free auto. I do not like those gold+crime buildings, but the AI does. I just can't be arsed to micro an empire that size. The pollution is something that hasn't yet started to have an effect on the game, so I just ignored it. As for the research speed... What can I say, over 20 years of civilization games and a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering have made me into an expert.

P.S. Just to make sure I understand correctly: The issue is not on my end and I need to wait for a fix.

P.S. Just to make sure I understand correctly: The issue is not on my end and I need to wait for a fix.

Not sure. 1 thing that is for sure is that that game is basically toast ....for now.

As for the cache folder with win 7 it is Not the one in My Documents. It will be located under C:Windows\user\Roaming\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache. If I recall correctly. Or at least something very similar.

Been almost 2 years now since I last used Win 7. Almost wish I had not "Upgraded" to win 10 Pro 64. But I've been adapting to Microsoft's intrusive OS, somewhat. :p

The pollution is something that hasn't yet started to have an effect on the game, so I just ignored it

No! Pollution can not be ignored. Nor disease, your game is about to tank and do it badly. You already have Pollution levels over 2000 in some cities and these will spread to other cities via Global Unhappiness and Global :yuck:. Soon you will be swimming in Unhappy Citizens who will go on Strike. Food production will stop and your cities will starve down to 1 pop. The :yuck: adds into this too, very much so. And because you were ignoring the rising levels you would've had no clue why it will go that way with out this conversation or taking a very deep look into the city screen left panel Special tab.

Also Free Auto will kill you as it is only basic BtS and C2C is much more complex for it to handle your empire right.The main AI in C2C is not the same AI from that Auto AI setting. So the AI Empires will not be affected by it like you will be. Some "hands on" is required. This is a Turn based game after all. ;)

But since that game is toast and you've updated to at least 9624, if not to 9645 (recommended), time to start a New game. :)

"city auto-AI is trash". Noted and posted over the monitor. Let's hope that saving the queue with ctrl-1 still works...

"city auto-AI is trash". Noted and posted over the monitor. Let's hope that saving the queue with ctrl-1 still works...
Joseph,
Any idea on where the cache is for Windows 7 users? "AppData" doesn't appear under my Username...
Many Thanks!
Toffer wrote:yOU HAVE TO TURN ON "SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS" IN FOLDER OPTIONS.

P.S. I hate caps locks.

This is from the Player documentation thread on where the cache folder lives for win 7.

Do not know about ctrl-1 for the build queue. But on the Main game screen upper left next to the BUG icon is a Hammer Icon. This opens up a section were you can build "build queues". Trying to remember were the documentation for it is at. ( I don't use it as I'm a "hands on" type player and my city build queues constantly change.)

20 year Civ player eh! I started with Civ II Gold in 1996. Still have the CD someplace. Then Test of Time I and II, the Civ III series and then IV and BtS. Also throw SMAC and Alien Crossfire into the mix as well. Bought Beyond Earth but ....I have not touched it in almost 2 years now and never bought Rising Tide either. Too big of a disappointment, same as with CiV and now CiV VI.

My game just crash every 5-7 turns, i can't really figure out how to reproduce it since is really random. there is no message or warning, just crash in turn pass.

8gb memory
windows 10
intel I5

Attachments

• MiniDump_9396.rar
    18.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Soulinor BC-49560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.2 MB · Views: 115
Top Bottom