Single Player bugs and crashes v42 download - After April 2022

pi4t

Warlord
I'm getting a reproducible crash at the end of my turn. I also had another crash a couple of turns ago which didn't get reproduced, perhaps because I took slightly different actions which changed how the random seed played out. I think it might be something to do with the Revolution component, since Mansa Musa just started having one before the crashes started.

There's no error message, the game simply closes. It shouldn't be a memory problem, since I'm still in the prehistoric era.

To reproduce the crash, simply load the save and press end turn.

I don't seem to have a minidump file, assuming that I have understood correctly that it would have been generated in C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword.

I'm playing on the release version; is this fixed on the SVN? And if so, are release version saves compatible with the SVN?

Edit: I updated to the SVN version, and the crash isn't happening any more. I'll edit this post again if I continue getting crashes later on.

Attachments

• C2C Crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

raxo2222

Time Traveller
Tried World mapscript + civ megapack + StrategyOnly civs

Didn't get further than this:

Installation guide:
1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.
2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS.
If its located there - delete it from that place
So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!
3. If game is on system drive "c:", then you need to run as admin.

Also upload save and user settings folder - that folder is in mod folder, and zip it to upload it here.

Installation guide:
1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.
2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS.
If its located there - delete it from that place
So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!
3. If game is on system drive "c:", then you need to run as admin.
Have you thought my mind going utterly dim over the years ? :lol:

Also upload save and user settings folder - that folder is in mod folder, and zip it to upload it here.
What save ? I didn't even launch a single game, since I got that error, I didn't bother waiting further if it maybe loads or not.

I don't change much of default settings either. Automated workers on, that's about it.

Update:
The error I quoted above was actually caused by alt+tabbing amidst loading.

When I avoided alt+tabbing to launch World Remix mapscript + civ megapack + StrategyOnly civs the loading simply ended with a CTD.

CMYKat

Chieftain
Crashes to desktop after 3 turns, even just straight skipping turns. Not sure how to attach the .dmp file as it is not listed among the supported file types.
Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that it is the latest download version.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-11215.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Thunderbrd

C2C War Dog
With this sort of report, not saying I've got this on my todo plate btw, just saying, please get it up to one click to crash before posting. It doesn't seem like much but when running the debug dll and analyzing the game in play, even uneventful end turns can take a LONG time to get through.

CMYKat

Chieftain
With this sort of report, not saying I've got this on my todo plate btw, just saying, please get it up to one click to crash before posting. It doesn't seem like much but when running the debug dll and analyzing the game in play, even uneventful end turns can take a LONG time to get through.
Sorry about that here is the 1 click save

Attachments

• phamm BC-11184 1 click.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Top Bottom