1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Sink Those Transports! 1.2

Embarked units receive a -20 combat strength modifier

1. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

sp00n submitted a new resource:

Sink Those Transports! - Embarked units receive a -20 combat strength modifier

Read more about this resource...

GabrielFM07 likes this.
  2. truetom

truetom Chieftain

Love this. Conflicts with other mods?

3. Alucard648

Alucard648 Chieftain

I wish than any naval unit can insta-kill any embarked unit. If a trireme shoots an arrow to modern transport - BOOOMMM!! I mean, post-industrial embarked units explode on sunk.

4. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Not that I know of. It applies the debuff to any of these unit classes:
    CLASS_RECON
    CLASS_MELEE
    CLASS_RANGED
    CLASS_SIEGE
    CLASS_HEAVY_CAVALRY
    CLASS_LIGHT_CAVALRY
    CLASS_RANGED_CAVALRY
    CLASS_ANTI_CAVALRY
    CLASS_HEAVY_CHARIOT
    CLASS_LIGHT_CHARIOT
    CLASS_RELIGIOUS

If a mod introduces a new unit class, and the relevant unit doesn't also have one of the other unit class above applied to it, then it wouldn't work. But I don't think this is possible right now without modifying the DLL
    Currently the anti air units would be an example for such a one-class-only unit. However being support units they don't have any defense value to begin with, so the mod wouldn't affect them either way.

5. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Theoretically you could incrase the value from -20 to -200 in the XML file. This should result in an insta kill for any unit.

6. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

What's the vanilla reduction? Or is it 0?

7. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

8. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

Thats pretty stupid

9. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

10. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

How about removing or lowering debuff for units that have amphibious promotion?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  11. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Hm, I would have to edit the amphibious promotion itself for this to work (kind of, it would give a defense buff), as there I don't think there is a way to check for a specific promotion when setting up the requirements for an ability. This would make the mod incomaptible with any other mod changing the promotion, so I'm not sure I should do this. I'm also not sure it would make sense against most attack types (naval, ranged, air) - I could see some reasoning for defending against attacks from melee units located on the shore though.

12. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

sp00n updated Sink Those Transports! with a new update entry:

Religious units

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

With regards to your recent update, wouldn't it be easier to just remove the modifier from religious units in the first place? Only religious units can attack them (with combat strength) and I don't see any reason land units should be destroying embarked units in religious debate.

14. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Hm, good point. I think there's still the edge case when a religious unit on land attacks an embarked unit directly on the coast though. I'll leave it as is for the time being, but will keep an eye out.

15. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Right, that edge case exists, but why would the embarked unit be at a disadvantage? They are having a religious debate, no?

16. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

17. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

I think of it that way, but even if it were a lightning fight, striking one person will kill them while striking a boat will set it on fire and kill them. I don't know who is worse off, here :lol:

18. arnoue

arnoue Chieftain

I think this mod would make more sense if it were some percentage reduction instead of a flat -20 (maybe -75% strength). This would allow it to scale with the strength of the units.

19. sp00n

sp00n Chieftain

Indeed, it would. Unfortunately it's not possible right now.

20. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

But flat changes in Civ6 *do* scale with the strength of the unit, because combat is calculated by differences in strengths, not ratios.

IllustriousYou likes this.