Sitting Bull smokes too many cigars ?

Captain Pugwash

Warlord
Help me out here.

Whenever I meet Sitting Bull, he seems to put his fist to his mouth and cough. What is this supposed to mean ? Does this have some significance in american society cos it means nothing to me ? The designers of the game must have had some reason for getting him to do this but I don't get it.

Maybe he just has a smoker's cough. Can anyone explain it to me ? Of course, if he was rubbing his nose then I know what that means

PS He's usually "Pleased" or "Friendly" if that helps at all

They have different animations for different mood (i am sure you noticed). They are just a few seconds each, so if the diplo screen stay open for a while, you will see it loop - looks a bit odd.
The cough one is his Pleased anim.

I don't think it has any significance (tho i am not native nor american so i might be wrong). Just somthing the animator came up with to make the animations more unique.

He coughed when you offered him a Peace pipe!

:mad: TIME FOR WAR! YAAAAAAAARGHH :mad:

Sitting Bull coughs in Civ IV too. The other Indian leaders also cough at times. I thought this was a subtle reference to the way the Indians died in huge numbers from European diseases they had no immunity against, such as measles, rubella and even the common cold. But perhaps it is some kind of sign of satisfaction.

Öjevind Lång;7327600 said:
Sitting Bull coughs in Civ IV too. The other Indian leaders also cough at times. I thought this was a subtle reference to the way the Indians died in huge numbers from European diseases they had no immunity against, such as measles, rubella and even the common cold.

Yes, it's more sterling good taste from Firaxis.

Öjevind Lång;7327600 said:
I thought this was a subtle reference to the way the Indians died in huge numbers from European diseases they had no immunity against, such as measles, rubella and even the common cold.

That was my assumption, too. I noticed it first in Agueybana; I didn't realize that Sitting Bull did this in CivIV. Having Sitting Bull in this game is even sloppier than having Lewis and Clark.

Christ, it's just a guy coughing.

I agree with this one. Unless I remember horribly wrong I believe I have seen many of the leaders of CIV4 coughing, or at least clearing their throats - and not just the native americans.

That was my assumption, too. I noticed it first in Agueybana; I didn't realize that Sitting Bull did this in CivIV. Having Sitting Bull in this game is even sloppier than having Lewis and Clark.

Including Cyrus McCormick wasn't too brilliant either.

Posted by paragonae:

"I agree with this one. Unless I remember horribly wrong I believe I have seen many of the leaders of CIV4 coughing, or at least clearing their throats - and not just the native americans."

Are you sure? I can't recall a single one except Sitting Bull.

Top Bottom