1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Six-Months War; Take 4

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Imperial Parliament of Sweden, Stockholm

The clock struck 12. For exactly one full day had protests been raging. The government center of the country had been under lock-down, the aristocratic advisers to the king unable to leave for their own safety. The masses of the people had finally had enough. The autocratic elite, the king foremost among them, and ruled Sweden for a long time. Their rule had not brought anything but death, destruction, and dishonor to the people. Despite that, Sweden continued to survive. Yet thrive it did not. Where the Germans, Russians, and English built large nations, they built something to be proud of, Sweden continued to flounder. Enough was enough. Protests had erupted across the nation, with Stockholm itself bearing the worst of the problem. What did the people want? No one knew. Some called for democracy, some for communism like Russia, others still believed even a military rule would be better. The one thing they had in common? They hated the king. They want him out. Most want him dead. He's not going to just give up and surrender though.

This is going to be a long winter.

2. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

A revolution in Sweden? This sort of thing is unheard of, you know.

3. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Most of the UU are pretty self explanatory, but what is a Warker?

4. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Tank/Barrel/Panzer.

5. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

What Gamez said. Nader invented them, and named them that, for some reason.

6. Agent 89

Agent 89 King

To: Spain

This is the proposal which was accepted as just by Spain and her allies. This is the same proposal which is contained in the Treaty of Mecca. You speak of the need to compromise to fit the wishes of Spain and the House of Saud. The agreement listed above was a compromise on the part of the Sultan, and current attempts to push him even further are a breach in civilized diplomacy. Specifics regarding the Treaty of Mecca are up for negotiation, but the entire premise of our original agreement is not.

7. Lord of Elves

We do not disagree with this understanding. In fact, we believe that recent equivocations by the Ottoman Empire about the degree of independence the people of Hedjaz may or may not enjoy are negotiations on the premise of the proposed agreement, which we now understand all parties to the exception (apparently) of the Ottoman Sultan agree upon. Should any treaty be drafted that follows these fundamental lines, we believe that we would be willing to apply our signature to it.

Therefore we do not understand what the existing issue is regarding the Spanish proposal, as we have understood it to be fundamentally equivalent to your own offering.

8. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

To: Hussein bin Ali, former Emir of Mecca, Arab Leader

We made no such promises, as Germany's latest statement shows. We have told many times, even before the treaty was made, that we would not completely release Hedjaz from Ottoman control. It would lead to great turmoil within our empire; it simply cannot be done. I give you one last chance to discuss the treaty with us.

Then what is wrong with our proposal if it's fundamentally the same?

9. Lord of Elves

We have arrived at the conclusion that there has been a misunderstanding of purpose; ourselves and the other attendants of the Doha Conference have had the goal of the creation of a Hedjaz protectorate to be released at a later date as an independent state. We now understand the Ottoman position to be that of the creation of a Hedjaz protectorate, to be held as a dependency indeterminately or for all intents and purposes, in perpetuity.

We do not believe the latter option is a viable path to stability.

10. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

And we KNOW that the former will destabilize the entire Empire. This proposed course is not acceptable if the Ottoman Empire is to continue as we know it today. We will NOT undo hundreds of years of this Empire's development to please the few Arabs revolting nor the Spanish Empire.

11. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

I think they are meant to be named after the company that built them, which was named 'Warkers.'

12. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

The Italian Embassy in Athens received the following message when they offered peace to the Greek Government.

It was met with laughter and things of similar nature, and the embassy was promptly closed.

13. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Then it is time to releash the Immortals.

ooc: You will understand what I mean in the update.

14. Azale

Azale Deity

Ok, no way I can keep up with this NES, especially with starlifenes coming. Dropping, but not because of the moderatorship which has been pleasantly competent :)

15. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

I look forward to reading of your invasion of Italy, Christos.

16. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

I must surrender to you now.

17. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

Sad to see you go, come back anytime.

Orders due in tomorrow, I'll be gone for the rest of today, and try to answer PMs when possible.

Also; I taught myself how to make paths in gimp. Tell me what you think.

Spoiler :

I'm debating if I should include Colonial names, and what to do about the small countries.

18. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

I think you could remove the word "the" from the beginning of names. And perhaps a more retro font for the time period?

19. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Small countries could be numbered, with a footnote in the corner of the map.

20. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

I think you should keep the "the". Also, you can't really see Germany or Japan well. As for the colonies, I think you should do it for the larger colonies. I also like Optical's footnote idea for the smaller countries.