1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Six-Months War; Take 4

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Nov 6, 2012.

1. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

To: Second Spanish Empire
    CC: Guangxi Clique

Though we oppose further western colonialism in East Asia, we are unwilling to initiate a state of war between the Empire of Japan and the Second Spanish Empire over an affair in which Spain is justified in taking action. However, we will expend the necessary resources to expel you should you attempt to take any territorial concessions on the mainland. We will accept Spanish rule over Hainan, provided your rule over Hainan is just. We will monitor your actions to ensure you do not abuse this privilege.

Furthermore, due to Hainan's geographic closeness to Indochina and the Philippines, we hope Spain will not place an excessive naval garrison in Hainan. Japan is capable and willing to maintain security in the waters of East Asia.

2. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

From Guangxi
    To Japan:

We ask you to help us. The Spanish have no reason to invade us. We already accepted all of their demands, except giving up Hainan, a Chinese land.

So, we ask you to help us and stop Western Imperialism.

3. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

To: The World

As a King in this international community of nations, I feel obligated to note that Spain is once again using her country's power to bully around other nations. We first saw her attempt to bully the Ottoman Empire into giving Spain authority over an Arab protectorate to increase her power, which failed because Germany stepped in to oppose Spain. Then we saw Spain invade Greece, a power far smaller than herself, just to prove her power in the Mediterranean Sea and how she can order other nations around. Now Spain is interfering in Asia, bullying land out of vulnerable Chinese splinter factions for Spain's own gain and wealth. Tell me, how much longer will the International Community allow these moves motivated by the prospect of more power and greed to stand uncontested? Spain's excuse of taking over control of Hainan is completely unjustified. The Chinese are already sending back the ship, crew, and cargo, and there is no reason to believe International shipping will be disrupted in the region any more so than it usually would because of a Civil War. Surely the Spanish, who have no business in that part of the world, should but out?

4. christos200

ooc: By the way, there is no mention in the update that any of the Wetsern ships siezed were Spanish.

5. christos200

From Guangxi
    To Spain:

We already accepted all your demands, both the return of the ship and the payment of 25 EP's. We call you to not try to enforce your claims over Hainan. Hainan is Chinese.

Although we have negotiated with you and we try to find a peaceful solution, Hainan is a red line for us and we shall not give it to Western imperialists.

We also want to inform you that whatever your choice is, both your ship and your citizens will return safely to Spain.

6. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

To: Guangxi

The only economic pact we would accept, would be to normalize trade between our nations, as we had done with the Qing.

To: Australia

What is it you plan on doing?

To: La Republique Independant du Quebec

We offer our thanks, and will acept your offer for lower tariffs. We do not need help in drafting our constitution however, thank you.

To: La Republique Independant du Quebec
    Portugal, Argentina, Venezuela, Cuba, Denmark, Newfoundland

We will send delegations to your expo, though their involvement will vary.

OOC:

@Milarqui - Very nice story.
    @GK - Yes, oversight on my side. I'll add it now.
    @DC - Not on a turn by turn basis. I was going to do replishment every couple of turns for them.
    @christos, LoE, everyone involved - The ships that were repossessed weren't really tallied completely or numbered. A lot of the trade companies, or owners of the ships have been trying to collect some form of government aid, support or insurance, but even more fake claims have been filed, leaving it hard for me to say. I can assure you all a few Spanish ships were among those repossessed, along with a few British, French and Australian. Ships from other nationalities may have been there, but if they were private vessels, the only people who would know is the Guangxi "government", and the owners themselves.

I'd also like to make a point that I enjoy thomas.berubeg's idea about the Montreal Exposition. I'll offer any players that can write a story about their delegation's experience there at least 15 banked EP; the story has to be more than a few sentences, and it'd be even better if pictures could be provided. The stories can be formatted in anyway you wish, from the perspective of someone in attendence, one of the delegates, a journalist, a conversation between two different nationals in a Cafe. Something like that. If thomas wishes to explain what he's looking for a bit more, he's more than welcome to. If a sizable number of people join in, I could even hand out a "Grand Prize".

Also, if your nation may not feel particularly welcome and the Expo, or you don't wish to have your nation attend, you are more than welcome to write through the viewpoint of an NPC in attendance. This isn't to give one nation, or group of nation's any bonus that in inherently superior to what nation's that don't attend get, it's to encourage a little more participation, and world building.

7. christos200

From Guangxi
    To Portugal:

We accept.

From Guangxi
    To the world:

All foreign ships are now able to leave and go back to their countries. All of their crews are healthy and are able to leave.

In case of any damage done, the government of Guangxi shall pay EP's to restore any damage.

8. spryllino

spryllino Deity

Britain is delighted by the universally positive response to Newfoundland being a separate dominion. We are particularly pleased by Quebec's enthusiasm, and we are entirely in favour of trade between the Empire and Quebec, although Newfoundland's constitution's form is fixed, seeing as they are a dominion. We will furthermore send a delegation to the Montreal Exposition, and we look forward to an excellent occasion.

9. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

To: Montreal Expo organisers

We will be sending a delegation, size to be decided.

10. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

OOC: For reference, the Heart of the Expo will be Windsor Station in Montreal: it's the only building I can think of with enough room. Quebec will be refurbishing it and expanding it over the first 6 months of the year.

11. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: Japan
    CC: Guangxi Clique

The ongoing hostilities in China and Japan's role in them, or the status of the Chinese nation or any of its splinter factions, are of no concern to us. Our only interest is that of ensuring the safety of our citizens and the freedom of trade. We thank Japan for her support in this matter, and look forward to seeing it so resolved. We intend to see all ships, vessels, crews and goods that the Guangxi clique has illegally seized returned to their rightful owners and antions.

There seems to have been some kind of mistake. We're on the "Do Not Telegraph" list.

12. christos200

From Guangxi
    To Spain:

We already said that your ship and your citizens will return safely. If you want war, however, you will have it.

13. thomas.berubeg

When are orders due?

14. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

The Treaty of Lecce

The Kingdom of Italy, The Second Spanish Empire, and The Kingdom of Greece hereby agree to the following terms...

• The ending of hostilities between the signatories will be declared immediately.
    • The Kingdom of Greece will cede the following areas to the jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Italy - The Aegean Islands, Crete, and The Ionian Islands.
    • Italy and Spain will aid the Greek Republic against the Communists in anyway asked of them
    • A Non-Aggression Pact lasting for five years will be agreed upon by the signatories.

Signed, Vittorio Emmanuele III, King of Italy, and Egypt, Protector of Albania
    and
    Antonio Salandra, Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Italy

15. Lord of Elves

Signed, Foreign Minister of the Second Spanish Empire the Honored Juan Yague Blanco
    Signed, Generalissimo Nicholas Estardo of Spain, Protector of the Spanish State and Father of the Nation, on behalf of the Spanish National Senate and His Imperial Majesty Alfonso XIII

16. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

To: The Nations of the Americas

The Republic is formally against any reestablishment, in any form, of the treaty of San Clemente. We do not need US leadership in the trading affairs of our nations, but can determine our own policies and markets.

If the US wants to improve its relationships with the other nations of the Americas, we suggest that it invest 5 EP per year for 5 years into the economies of all our nations to help us grow and improve our manufacturing capabilities so that we can become true trading partners and not just exporters that enrich your nation.

17. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

From Belgium
    To Quebec

Belgium wishes to participate in this cultural and scientific exposition. We'll be sending a delegation.

18. Lord of Elves

To: Quebec

Naturally Spain shall attend this exposition.

19. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Norway will also attend.

20. thomas.berubeg

(OOC: This is also a sporting event, Remember. Send athletes as well!)