1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Six-Months War; Take 4

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Nov 6, 2012.

1. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

Talon, I loved that. I feel terrible for poor Georgy, but I loved it. I wonder what the rest of his experience was like. Hopefully a bit better. :p

2. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

Belgian Showcases for the Montreal Expo

Scientific Advancement

Multiple distinguished academics of the Brussels scientific community will be arriving to demonstrate Belgian research into microbiology and the human immune system. The presentations will elucidate the nature of the human body, and the many viruses researched on as of the late few years, with particular emphasis on the exotic biological discoveries found in the Congo.

Industry

Expensive but very attractive discoveries in synthetic rubbers will also be presented, alongside models of the “skyscrapers” of Belgium, which have contributed to Belgium’s most recent economic development.

Art and Culture

Contemporary artists of Belgium will be showcasing their most proud works, including a few self-proclaimed “surrealist“ artists. The inclusion of the particular style caused some small controversy, as it is often not recognized as legitimate art, however Belgium will be allowing them to display their work, some of which has been surprisingly popular.

3. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Don't worry, all, Georgy is fine. He got himself arrested, though. He's particularly... entertained by automobiles, and was driving recklessly. That in itself isn't such an issue - remember, this is the 20s, speed limits are just becoming a thing - but he was shouting "WHEEEEEEE!" loudly enough to qualify as "disturbing the peace".

4. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Transcript of the Opening ceremonies of the Montreal Expo

Charles Ouellet:
    “Bonjour, Mes Amis! Welcome, Friends! Bienvenidos, amigos! Willkommen, Freunde! My Name is Charles Ouellet, and I am your host to the Opening Ceremonies of the Montreal Exposition of 1925. On behalf of the people of Quebec, I welcome you. Please enjoy the complimentary Beer, produced by the local Quebecois “Brasserie Les Naufrageur.” It is my pleasure to introduce to you President Pierre Thomas Brown.

(Applause)

Pierre Thomas Brown:
    Thank you. I will keep this short, so that we can get on to the festivities. Quebec is a young country, a country that many doubted upon it’s inception. For years the quebecois lived as second within their own country. However, while Quebec could have chosen to be stuck in the past, wallowing in self-pity, complaining our unlucky lot in this world, We instead chose to look forward, to put the past in the past, and look unto the future. A future where Quebec will stand strong among allies and friends, Holding a beacon for our children and our children’s children. It is this spirit of hope and progress and friendship that this Expo is meant to engender. This expo will be a place where fast friendships will be forged, Ideas exchanged, and a healthy spirit of international competition will spawn. As such, I welcome you to Montreal, and Declare the Montreal Expos of 1925 OPEN!

(Thunderous Applause)

Announcer: Gens Du Pays, Quebec’s New National Anthem

Link to video.

Charles Ouellet: Thank you. That was Moving. Now, before, I formally open the Expos, I have a few words to say. Every morning for the Month of June, Each country will present their national anthem, and introduce their country for the world. During the course of the six months of the expo, Various Quebecois Breweries have competed to be allowed exclusive sale of their product, all of which are excellent. Finally, I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Montreal.

OOC: Apparently, I can't figure out the youtube button. The link is here.

5. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

From Ecuador
    To Quebec:

We will come to the expo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Anthem:

Link to video.

6. TheLizardKing

I'm still accepting orders. So far, I have

Andean Republic
    Arabia
    Australia
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Crimea
    Denmark
    Ecuador
    Finland
    France
    Italy
    The Netherlands
    the Ottoman Empire
    Quebec
    The Soviet Republic
    Sichuan
    Sweden
    United States of America

If you have sent in orders already, and aren't on this list, let me know. I'd really prefer if those of you who sent in orders already don't send me revisions at this point, but I'll still accept them.

7. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

You have orders from Denmark as well :p They were included with just a general PM so you might have missed them?

8. TheLizardKing

Oh yes, I'm sorry, I do. You and Crimea have been added to the list.

9. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Orders aren't in yet, and I'm busy for the next nineish hours, but after that I'll make sure to get them in ASAP.

10. talonschild

Sorry about the revision. Won't happen again.

11. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: Ottoman Empire
    CC: Italy, Arabia, Persia, Germany

Let us be clear, we have thought long and hard on the matter of the "Arab Question". We have arrived at a conclusion: there will be no peace for anyone in the Middle East so long as the Sultan of Rome is allowed by the international community to undertake a campaign of essential extermination and murder against his own citizens. Whereas we recognize the right of the Sultan of Rome to administer his territory as he sees fit, we also recognize the right of a nation or nations to object to a leader's actions, and when necessary act on behalf of those who suffer because of a leader's actions. Our ultimate goal, we shall remind the world, is the peace and stability of the Middle East not only for the sake of European economic and commercial interests but also for the sake of the people of the Middle East. We have reached the conclusion that it serves neither the interests of the people of the Middle East nor the interests of foreign powers for the existing status quo to be allowed to continue. Therefore, we, the Second Spanish Empire, the Kingdom of Italy, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Kingdom of Persia shall execute a campaign of military intervention so as to put an end to the ongoing Arab genocide.

We shall see to it that this unfortunate incident is put behind both the Middle East and the international community. We take no joy in this matter.

Spoiler :
    Okay, maybe a little.

12. talonschild

OOC: What are those green pockets in Arabia? And what are the white ones in French East Africa?

13. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Arabian Rebellikns, and colonial unrest. Respectively

14. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Never mind.

15. talonschild

Thanks, Zelet Dude.

16. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

To: The World

We give our support to the intervention in Arabia. Much like the Indonesians, the Arabs in the Hedjaz are an oppressed people and their time for sovereignty has become evident.

OOC: Orders later tonight.

17. m.t.cicero

m.t.cicero Good Kid

To: Ottoman Empire
    CC: Italy, Spain, Persia, Germany, Arab patriots

Indeed, the time for the liberation of the Arab people from the Turkish yoke has come! Our warriors shall, insha'allah, drive the perfidious Turk out of our lands once and for all! We call on all Arabs to answer this call to arms to liberate themselves and their brothers from the shackles of the Sublime Porte.

We also, however, call on our Arab brothers to show restraint and mercy towards those Turks and others who live in their midst, as this is our chance to show the world that we are a civilized people, ready to seize the mantle of greatness borne by our ancestors a millennium ago. We must also show that our people are ready to bear custodianship of the Middle East as a responsible party in international politics. We have the utmost faith that this, a peaceful Middle East, is possible once our people are free and safe, which is why we are undertaking this effort.

18. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

To: The Second Spanish Empire

Murder? Genocide?
    Is this what we're calling policing, now? When insurrection rises up, the government is supposed to yield to the terrorists who took up arms for no reason other than blind nationalism? The Spaniard needlessly spreads what should be simple national imperative into a giant Middle Eastern war in the name of peace and seems to be justified in doing so? This is ludicrous. Ottoman soldiers are not going off killing every Arabian they see. They are stomping down an... wait, what's it called..?
    Thank you, Spaniard. Just the words I was looking for.

We pleaded with the rebels to end the bloodshed, but they didn't even try to negotiate. So we are turned to the only viable option. Meanwhile, the Spanish have created an entire war that can soak the sands of the entire region with blood in the name of peace and stability and seems to be commended for it. All the while they just a few years ago attacked and annexed a people in west Africa whose goal was to keep their own people safe. I guess that was in the name of peace too. As was the massive civil war in Greece. And soon enough, the war in Crimea as well; which I suspect will be blown out of proportion just like every conflict the Spanish take part in as of late.

To: Germany, Bulgaria, Qatar

With that said, I deeply request aid from my allies. You do not have to join the war if you do not wish to, but any kind of aid at all will suffice.

19. talonschild

To: World

Rest assured that, should war come to Crimea, we ourselves will do our utmost to blow it out of proportion. Only by drawing attention to our nation's brave resistance to Soviet threats
    will anyone take notice. We plead that the nations involved in Arabia will resolve their disputes without needless bloodshed.

Viktor Azarov, President

20. Agent 89

Agent 89 King

To: Germany

Unfortunately for the sake of Middle Eastern peace, it seems those nations involved in this "intervention" have abandoned diplomacy for the sword. While it should have been clear to us that any nations who support bloodthirsty tribal raiders as the legitimate government of a region would ultimately turn to such means, we had attempted to make compromises for the sake of peace. No more. Germany has stated her intention to stand by our Ottoman allies, and we intend to uphold this promise. Germany guarantees the current borders of the Ottoman Empire, and German forces will protect these borders should they be violated.

That being said, Germany considers this a purely Middle Eastern affair and plans to limit her military activities to such. We have no intention of carrying out any action in Europe. Considering the noble proclamations of those involved in violating the Ottoman Empire, we feel assured that they too have no intention of spreading conflict to the European continent.

To: Spain

Consider this a notice of termination of the Berlin-Madrid Pact.