Six-Months War; Take 4

To: Ottoman Empire

In order to improve our standing economically, we would like to negotiate free passage through the Bosporus for Crimean shipping. What price would be convenient for you?

Viktor Azarov, Premier

In a normal case I'd say it'd be free, but due to the war we need any funding we can get- this would include tolling the Bosporus, sadly. We will allow free passage through the Bosporus for 10 EP yearly. Once the war is over, we will gladly let you pass for free.

To: Qing Empire; Republic of China
CC: British and American Bastards

Due to more pressing concerns, the Empire of Japan will be withdrawing from the territory formerly held by the Qing Empire before the Civil War, with the exception of the Far Eastern Russian Republic, whose independence has been recognized by not only ourselves, but by the United States of America. Take this news as you will, we are sure you both have more pressing concerns, like restoring peace to China, and thus the Qing Empire will not continue to attempt to fight Japan. However, Japan does not cease hope that the Qing will be destroyed, and we recognize the Republic of China as the sovereign government of all China. We hope that the Republic of China will recognize the independence of Mongolia and Tibet, and we hope that our friends in Sichuan may reach some sort of compromise with the Republic of China.

The United Kingdom remains committed separately on the one hand to the stable restoration of the legitimate government of China and on the other hand to the disembowelment of the Japanese Empire, irrespective of whether Japan chooses to involve itself militarily in China.

Japan asserts that British efforts to restore their oppression of the excellent people of East Asia will result in the ultimate destruction of the meager remains of their decrepit Empire.

To: Ottoman Empire

Having reviewed our finances, it would appear your price is too steep. We withdraw our interest in negotiations for the present.

Viktor Azarov, Premier

To: The World

We thank all those who attended the Montreal Expo of the past year. It was, without a doubt, a resounding success. I, personally, forged friendships with men and women from around the globe, and hope that everyone who attended left enriched in one way or another. While the Noises and hubbub of the Expo fade, the spirit of the expo is one that should never be forgotten. A Spirit of friendship, progress, and, above all, HOPE for a better world. As such, I would like to cordially invite everyone to the Montreal Expo of 1950!

To: Participants in the Japan Question

Quebec Pledges to remain neutral in this conflict, and to continue trade with participants on both sides. Quebec also offers Château Frontenac as a neutral location where both sides may come to discuss the issues and negotiate a peace settlement.

To: Participants in the Arab Question

Quebec Pledges to remain neutral in this conflict, and to continue trade with participants on both sides. Quebec also offers Château Frontenac as a neutral location where both sides may come to discuss the issues and negotiate a peace settlement.

OOC: I'm assuming there are no Olympic Games in TTL?

Why five? I'm only asking because if the Japan thing runs its course quickly, South Africa could, potentially, hold the next one.

5 years seemed like a nice good number, and gives enough time to not oversaturate the world with news of an expo. (Also, I really want to hold the 25th anniversary in Montreal again.)

No Olympics?

We really ought to fix that. Assuming that the Montreal Expo doesn't include that. That seems more like a World's Fair deal to me though.

I can't do anything internationally until at least next turn though.

To: Participants in the Arab Question

To: Quebec

While we appreciate your interest in peace, there cannot be one without a defeated party. The coalition of Spanish puppets seeks to dismantle part of if not the entire empire; we reject this notion in blood. Unless they agree with a status quo, talking of peace will be all but wasteful.

OOC: I was thinking the Expos would become a regular thing as well - I was going to hold one in five years, but then, Pacific War, so yeah.

Historically the World Fairs were basically (whenever we feel like it) so I guess 5 years is a nice round number.

OOC: While we're on the topic of names: Crimean Nation's Army, Crimean Nation's Army Air Force, Crimean Nation's Navy. Translation to Crimean Tatar is proving difficult, and will not be included for a good long while.

OOC: Kırım Yurt Ordu, Kırım Yurt Ava Kuvvetleri, Kırım Yurt Donanma. :)

OOC: @Expo: We should set up a bidding process like the OTL Olympics, because we can! :D

To: Quebec

While we appreciate your interest in peace, there cannot be one without a defeated party. The coalition of Spanish puppets seeks to dismantle part of if not the entire empire; we reject this notion in blood. Unless they agree with a status quo, talking of peace will be all but wasteful.

If you think Italy is a Spanish puppet then you are quite mistaken

@Bair_the_Normal: How - where - did you come up with that? What is this black and fruity rainbow magic?

And thank you. I am forever in your debt. At least until I forget.

@TLK: Crimean Nation's Army, Qırım Yurt Ordu; Crimean Nation's Army Air Force: Qırım Yurt Ordu Ava Kuvvetleri; Crimean Nation's Navy: Qırım Yurt Donanma

OOC: Google works wonders, if you keep looking.

Oh, and here are the names for Sìchuān.

Army: Sìchuān Guómín Jiěfàngjūn [四川国民解放军] (Sìchuān National Liberation Army)

Navy: Haha. Good one.

Air Force: Sìchuān Guómín Kōngjūn [四川国民空军] (Sìchuān National Air Force)

To: Japan

I would prefer to have some mention, even if it's just "More roads and factories were built in the Dutch East Indies" or something like that. Just so I know that you've actually read it and taken it into account.

I will keep that in mind for the future.

I'm just curios about what happened to my fighters.

Care to explain? I didn't receive orders from you; I looked throughout my inbox for them.

OOC: I'm assuming there are no Olympic Games in TTL?

The no one has attempted to continue the Olympic games since the NES started. Feel free to organize something; but that'd be entirely on you all. I could of course, figure out the results. But it'd be up to you all to figure out the games, who is invited, where it is, things of that nature.

Everyone who has been posting the names for your branches of the military, I thank you, but please just send them to me with your orders. I promise you I'll forget if they're not in the orders. If they are, there's only a slight chance I'll forget. I'll also be answering PMs and VMs now.

To: The Empire of Japan
CC: Belligerents in the Pacific War

We are glad you have not forgotten about us, and hope that a garrison shall remain here. We also hope that the rest of the powers of the world don't forget we are here, in their rush to war.

To: The Empire of Japan
CC: The World

Your attempts at hiding from your defeat have been noted. We will, of course, regain the entirety of Manchuria with, or without your leaving. The cowardice of the Japanese soldier is appreciated though, as it certainly will allow for a quicker transition.

We'd also like to point out that the Chinese Republic is hardly Republican, being ruled by what is essentially one mans personal army. They will fall, as will the Japanese, and both China and East Asia will be free again.

Top Bottom