Six-Months War; Take 4

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Nov 6, 2012.

1. The Last Melon

The Last Melon Chieftain

I have PMs! That's private messages, not PMS. I also have a fair amount of time sitting around in an airport coming up, so expect communiqués from the ROC to start making contact with your eyeholes today.

2. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

I've heard from Egypt and Denmark, so I will still accept those orders into tonight; past that, no more orders or revisions. I've made better progress on the update than I had though, but I still have no idea when it'll be up.

3. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Snow day hereabouts. It's really a godsend, and the reason I bring it up is that it means I'm able to start easing myself back in to this much sooner than anticipated. Seems that, in hindsight, I look like a bit of a drama queen. Anyhow, consider Crimea once again a PC.

Also, you guys are really wonderful people. Thanks.

4. The Last Melon

The Last Melon Chieftain

Heh, kinda bizarre to see all the roofs covered in white while I was flying in. After years studying in Montreal I look forward to sneering at what Vancouver/Victoria calls a "snow day," haha.

Revision to my previous post. My layovers aren't nearly as long as I thought they were, so my politicking will have to wait for another day.

5. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Where I am, what we call a snow day is when 2 feet of snow drop in a day.

6. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

In Georgia it is a snow week if a single snowflake falls.

7. talonschild

"A day with any snow at all". We're not used to it, and the slightest bit plays havoc with us. West Coast ftw.

8. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Where I am, there is a blizzard forecast for Friday, so we might see a Snow Day.

9. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Where I am, during the winter there is a blizzard twice a week, sometimes three, sometimes it carries on into the next week.

We have 4 feet of snow in unploughed areas currently. Business continues as normal.

10. TheLizardKing

I am pleased to announce that I have managed to get through everyone's spending and orders, sans parts of orders regarding conflict. That leaves a few flavor things to add, a few political events, then all I have to write is the wars, which I may add are becoming varied and numerous. While this sounds like a lot, most of the stuff I struggle with (writing domestic events can be like pulling teeth sometimes, sorry to say) is out of the way. So expect an update soon. I can't really offer a schedule, for fear of being terribly wrong.

Also, Pennsylvania has really hot summers, and snow-filled winters. It's terrible.

11. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

I might have already said this, but why did my stability go down by 1 last turn?

12. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

On the other side of Pennsylvania from TLK, we have summers that aren't hot enough and winters that range from very mild to very severe depending on what year it is. And it rains constantly 80% of the time.

13. TheLizardKing

Well, your prize colony did suffer through a rebellion, largely caused by social and political reforms that your citizens, and aristocracy were against from the get go. There was a whole lot of "we told yo so" reigning down from all the industrial and political elite, who have made it a point to do everything in their power to ignore said reforms, because they feared this very thing.

14. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Japan has a story planned, but I can't get it done until later tonight.

15. The Last Melon

The Last Melon Chieftain

Is the Soviet Union an NPC now? Or is Justo still in charge?

16. talonschild

OOC: The Soviet Republic has said nothing to me, but that was (I think) more a case of mutual IC loathing.

17. Justo

Justo Emperor

OOC: Soviet Russia remains under Comrade Justo's iron rule as always. Those who disagree with this are given a free mandatory tour of Siberia where they can better learn the value of the revolution and equality.

18. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Announcement from the Imperial Palace

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of the Taishō Emperor yesterday. The Emperor died from complications to pneumonia. The Taishō era thus sadly comes to an end. We must look back on the divine Emperor and all the great things Japan has achieved during it. Though we currently face hardship, we must not forget the sacrifices we have made throughout the years to bring Japan to its current position of power. The Emperor reigned over a period of great prosperity, guiding our nation through the Great War with his benevolent hand. The Emperor cared deeply for all people and strived to liberate the Chinese from their oppressors, and sadly his ambition was cut short by imperialist warmongers that we once called friend.

Hirohito the Shōwa Emperor

With the passing of our beloved Emperor, a new era thus begins. Hirohito, in the tradition of his father, will use his posthumous name for formal purposes, thus referred to as the Shōwa Emperor. The Shōwa period will truly be a period of enlightened peace and harmony. The Emperor, wishing to truly proclaim Japan’s entry into the modern era, will deliver Japan’s first radio broadcast from a member of the Imperial Family tonight. It is expected that every citizen of Japan that is able to will find the time to listen to the words of our most respected Emperor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Chapter 8: The Shōwa Period

The following is an English translation of a broadcast over Japanese radio that took place on the eve of December 26, 1926.

The above was one of the most symbolic occasions in the history of modern Japan; it was the first of few times that the average Japanese citizen would hear the voice of the Emperor. His message was short, but his mark had been left. Though it did have a positive short term impact, this practice never took root because the common people of Japan did not understand the very formal Japanese spoken by the Emperor and those that surrounded him, and this event is almost completely forgotten today.

The reasons for the Emperor doing this were clear, Hirohito felt the need to begin a new tradition; it was his father who pioneered the tradition of the Emperor using his posthumous name for official business during his reign, and Hirohito felt his mark could be left by pioneering a tradition of direct communication between the Emperor and the people through the means of radio. This was opposed by many of his advisers, who felt that the sacred status of the Emperor would be corrupted. The people of Japan were supportive of the Emperor’s move, but few noticed when the broadcasts stopped.

19. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Flag de la Republica do Brasilp

20. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

who is that kid with specs ? one slap on his face and his snot will be all over his face.