1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Six-Months War; Take 4

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by TheLizardKing, Nov 6, 2012.

1. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

La Republique Indépendant du Québec is proud to announce the creation of the Coureur Des Bois corps, an elite unit of military forces trained by the Best and Brightest of Western military science and benefiting from Traditional Native American and Inuit Knowledge. The Coureur will be trained to survive and fight in the Harshest of Environments.

Our Motto:
    Pluie ou Beau temps, Neige ou Secheresse, Nous serons prets.

Our Parade Theme:
    Les Coureur

2. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Nice assault weapons for the 20's.

3. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Now it does. It's like the reason why, in Capto Iugulum, football is called balompié.

4. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

And homosexuals are called Rios.

5. The Last Melon

The Last Melon Chieftain

Indeed. FN FALs, I believe?

6. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Quebec is just very advanced. Have you -SEEN- Thomas's ordersets? Good LORD.

7. thomas.berubeg

Have YOU? :p

(Also, Mind answering that PM, Eltain?)

8. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

Apologies again, the Holidays have been particularly busy for me, between family, friends and work (retail especially.) I'm getting bits of the update done here and there; once we get after New Years, it should be full-steam ahead. Don't be afraid to post some stories and things. ;)

EDIT: Also, holy-massive Naval battles in the Mediterranean you guys.

EDIT EDIT: I would also like to make a point that the overwhelming majority (seriously overwhelming) of you all are using pre-World War 1 Generic units. A lot. Spending just 125 EP on a design will instantly give you a better unit then generics. It's just interesting seeing generics being used en masse, against UUs.

9. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

DAMN! I thought this would be an update! :(

As for the units: well, it is not exactly easy to cash up 125 EP, even for me. I'm hoping that the Commonwealth together can build up powerful things.

10. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

I think the problem is that nobody wants to cash out 125EP for, like, destroyers. I know I don't, when I can just build hordes of generics. And even if you build a new destroyer, its just going to die in droves as soon as a custom battleship looks at it.

11. Justo

Justo Emperor

OOC: This. Also when saving up for designs I think alot of people want to create something that at least compares with the current designs which unfortunately cost quite a bit.

12. spryllino

spryllino Deity

OOC: I didn't know that we could build custom destroyers, actually. I'll bear it in mind.

13. thomas.berubeg

Similarly, even if we were willing, most of us aren't able to shell out 125 EPs

14. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

War isn't supposed to be cheap. Tiny countries shouldn't be able to afford massive warships or new design after new design. World powers stay world powers for a reason.

15. TheLizardKing

Well as I said, the generics are of a pre-World War 1 era technology. Submarines, destroyers and cruisers get to be pretty much useless as planes, and bombers take precedence. I was hoping that a nation would take one or two turns to save up and make a design, as keeping your military modern is as important as building railroads, and domestic improvements. If I make the designs any cheaper, it'd be fairly simply for smaller nations to just spam units, while the larger ones built stronger units that in turn, would make it pointless for smaller countries to even attempt to build UUs. The higher price for points is supposed to make things more expensive all around, rather than allowing for a power to spam UUs with 40 design points in them. Though, it may be better to shell out 200 EP on a Destroyer that can come with anti-aircraft guns on it, or anti-submarine arms, then wasting your money spamming destroyers that are essentially floating death traps for the crews. Realistically, spamming units can give you a false sense of security, but when war comes, you'll probably be wishing you saved up for a new design. (or something)

I will admit the economic disparity between the powers and smaller nations is a bit big, and while it may be a good representation of how the balance of power is in a real life situation, it doesn't translate to a game that well. Basing EP from the old NES into the new one was poorly executed, and in hindsight, probably not a great idea. That's what I'm raising everyone's EP by a bit arbitrarily again this turn, and will probably do so again next turn. For the sake of balancing, of course. If public opinion is really for me lowering UU pricing, I of course will do that, but I am of the strong opinion that the powers will just gain an even more unfair advantage in that regard.

16. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

So we can make designs for cruisers and destroyers as well? What stats do they use? I am perfectly fine with the current uu prices ATM, as Eltain said war isn't cheap, and nations like Greece shouldn't be able to design ships that match the UK or Italy for example.

17. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Also TLK I must ask, are you arbitrarily raising everyone's EP an equal degree, or are you giving more EP to the littler, weaker nations than you are to the larger, stronger ones? I'm a little confused about how it balances the game.

18. TheLizardKing

I'm giving the smaller nations a bit more EP, and the larger ones fewer. It's nothing too significant, just enough to sort of nudge everyone in the right direction.

19. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Is this to reflect changing conditions, or is it retroactive to "better fit" what you think the world should be like?

20. TheLizardKing

It's a mixture of both. Should a smaller nation have invested significant sums into their economy prior to this update, I will take that into account, and afford them what I think to be a fair increase. Also, to increase wealth in comparison to other nations; I see no reason why Quebec should have less money than Venezuela, based off of IC events, for example. Mind you, the shortcomings are entirely on me.